Has anyone done the Exclusive Duck Tour shore excursion in Boston?

sjf

Hi

We are thinking of booking this ship tour. It says you will be returned back to the pier at the end of the tour. I was wondering if it is possible to be dropped off in the city centre, as the tour finishes at 11.30am so plenty of time left to do more sightseeing.

I contacted RC via the Live chat and they could not answer the question. If anybody out there has done this excursion, I'd be grateful to know if you think that was an option. Seems crazy to come out of the city, only to have to turn round and waste time and money getting back in. 

Or if we pick up a duck tour privately, what is the best way to get into the city?

Thanks for any help.

The Duck tours are fun.  I believe you have to book it ahead of time.  Take an Uber to the New England Aquarium.  The Duck boats go out all day from there.  It’s close to downtown Boston 

I agree with Doones2, the duck tours are fun.  They'll give you a very informative and fun tour around the city.  Plus, the area around the aquarium is loaded with things to do.  Fanueil Hall is right there and Boston's North End is very close by as well. 

I live in Boston.  🙂  From the pier, the best way to do it is to take a cab/Uber/Lyft to either the Aquarium or Prudential Center, both of which are beginning points for the Duck Tours.  I'm not sure how much time you have in Boston, but Duck Tours also leave from the Museum of Science in Cambridge, so if you wanted to check out the museum too, it's right there.

I did one of the Boston duck boat tours a couple of years ago...not part of a ship's excursion.  It was OK, but left me a little underwhelmed.  Heavy on the corny humor and light on the actual history.  It's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours but there's a lot of other things that I might do first in Boston if short on time.