Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

11 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We have tendered several times from Voyager Class ships.  We have done it in Grand Cayman, Cabo and will be doing it this October in Bar Harbor to name a few.  

Thought the Class had.  I remember 20-30yrs ago Sovereign(Majesty), Vision and Voyager Class carried multiple Tenders. This back before many Islands provided this service...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Can Voyager Class ships visit Catalina, which is a tender port?  

They sure can. Remember not that long ago Voyager Class ships were tendering at Labadee which at that time did not have facilities as good as Catalina I think (at least from what I remember visiting Catalina in the early 2000s).

• Like 1

Does Royal still have a ship doing a 9-night ABC island itinerary out of Florida?  This is one itinerary I’m hoping for in 2021.  We’re doing Freedom out of San Juan to go to St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua in 2020 but don’t want to travel to San Juan twice, and back to backs are out of the question for us.

Edited by jonesy4life9

3 minutes ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Does Royal still have a ship doing a 9-night ABC island itinerary out of Florida?  This is one itinerary I’m hoping for in 2021.  We’re doing Freedom out of San Juan to go to St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua in 2020 but don’t want to travel to San Juan twice, and back to backs are out of the question for us.

Yes, but I believe that is normally a seasonal route, when the ships come back from the Med.  November to April or so.

11 hours ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Explorer is doing it in 2021 -- I am booked in January.  Nine nights out of Miami, with ports of call at Labadee and all 3 of the ABC islands.

17 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We have tendered several times from Voyager Class ships.  We have done it in Grand Cayman, Cabo and will be doing it this October in Bar Harbor to name a few.  

I guess I should have clarified.🙂  I have also tendered many times on Voyager Class ships, but I was not aware Voyager had added its own tenders to its lifeboats.  Explorer did that just a few years ago during a retrofit. Not sure about Adventure, Mariner, and Navigator.  At any rate, Catalina might not have the tender capacity that a Voyager Class needs.

3 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I guess I should have clarified.🙂  I have also tendered many times on Voyager Class ships, but I was not aware Voyager had added its own tenders to its lifeboats.  Explorer did that just a few years ago during a retrofit. Not sure about Adventure, Mariner, and Navigator.  At any rate, Catalina might not have the tender capacity that a Voyager Class needs.

Voyager got her tenders during the October 2014 dry dock in Singapore. Explorer got hers during the April 2015 dry dock in Cadiz. 

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

A UK Travel Brochure claims Odyssey of the Seas is doing a 13 night Transatlantic 22 December 2020 Southampton to Miami and then will be based in Fort Lauderdale.

A XMAS TA? Has that ever happened recently? Sounds unlikely.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Interested to see what will happen with regards to Liberty/Anthem/Oasis. LB seems to be taking over the 5/9 nighters,

I recently got an interesting premonition that Liberty would be leaving Galveston.

Last year my Vision cruise for this year got cancelled, I rebooked on Enchantment, that cruise is departing this Friday! Yay.

But. About a month and a half ago my Enchantment cruise for next year got cancelled. Grumble. I grumbled about it to the Royal agent and said screw the small ships, I'm rebooking on Liberty cause she's been so reliable these past few years. To which the rep said absolutely nothing. It wasn't till later it dawned on me that he must know something that he wasn't allowed to mention. Like Liberty's leaving Galveston. My rebook is for October 2020 so I'm hoping she'll still be around in a year.

As for Liberty's replacement, I'm betting on Allure.

4 hours ago, anankae said:

I recently got an interesting premonition that Liberty would be leaving Galveston.

Last year my Vision cruise for this year got cancelled, I rebooked on Enchantment, that cruise is departing this Friday! Yay.

But. About a month and a half ago my Enchantment cruise for next year got cancelled. Grumble. I grumbled about it to the Royal agent and said screw the small ships, I'm rebooking on Liberty cause she's been so reliable these past few years. To which the rep said absolutely nothing. It wasn't till later it dawned on me that he must know something that he wasn't allowed to mention. Like Liberty's leaving Galveston. My rebook is for October 2020 so I'm hoping she'll still be around in a year.

As for Liberty's replacement, I'm betting on Allure.

A little insight to as to what "may have happened" to your Enchantment sailing.... She was there to do 4 & 5 niters.... in March, onboard the rep found us a Bahamas 7 niter on Enchantment for next July 2021 from Galveston.... there was only one 7 nite sailing at that time... a few of my friends friends had booked several 5 nites sailings.... and they all got cancelled.... so I went to check the website...low & behold...they had opened up six 7 niters now...….. so they cancelled some of the shorter cruises to make room for the longer ones (that go to Coco Cay btw)… 

Adventure is coming in to replace Enchantment too...….(don't remember what timeframe tho)

As for Liberty leaving Galveston...I am with you...I think she will be replaced by ALLURE as soon as the new Terminal is complete.... they say late 2021. 

So...2021/2022 brings Galveston The Adventure & The Allure or similar Oasis class...….. Now if they will continue to add more Bahamas sailings from there THAT would be awesome! 

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

A UK Travel Brochure claims Odyssey of the Seas is doing a 13 night Transatlantic 22 December 2020 Southampton to Miami and then will be based in Fort Lauderdale.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Odyssey OTS blocks should be in the "house" soon now that Norwegian Encore is out of Hall 6 and all of Iona's blocks are attached. There should be room in the back of Hall 6 behind Iona for the first Odyssey blocks. Perhaps RCI will finally make an announcement to coincide with this. 

I don't recall a TA happening that late I the year. I still don't understand why RCI is keeping Odyssey a bring secrete when other Cruise Lines are publishing details about their new ships. The longer they wait, people may just book with other lines. 

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Don't think so, but maybe a new ship repo and will command big prices.

Who knows, something different and Allure and Anthem Ta might sail full

14 hours ago, springaussie said:

The brochure says Dec. 22 in one place and Oct. 22 in another.  I am pretty suspicious about it’s veracity.

12 minutes ago, eel said:

The brochure says Dec. 22 in one place and Oct. 22 in another.  I am pretty suspicious about it’s veracity.

Oct 22 seems more likely.  With our family situation a Christmas cruise would not be a possibility.  Family first!  I would also have to be retired to go at Christmas.  

13 minutes ago, eel said:

In that case, the 12/22 date is probably a typo and 10/22 makes a lot of sense, with very few if any sailings before that.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

Explorer is doing it in 2021 -- I am booked in January.  Nine nights out of Miami, with ports of call at Labadee and all 3 of the ABC islands.

Great itinerary.  I did that on Navigator in April 2017.

8 minutes ago, FLASHINGLIGHTS83 said:

Anyone have any insight info for 2021 Alaska cruises yet?   Planning a big trip, and am impatiently waiting for the release of itineraries....

We booked AK 2020 the week it went on sale. We booked on 11/5/2018. If 2021 is released at the same time, watch for those to be available early in November. 

• Like 1