Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Odyssey... sailing supposedly in a year...

Not even a hint of a mega block for her build at the MeyerWreft factory - though the Iona, which I think is just ahead of her, is developing well.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, Host Clarea said:

No way to know at this time.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:16 PM, pinebro said:

Waiting on july 2021 British Isles.....maybe december release?

Same here....any speculation from the experts here as to which ship it might be?

17 minutes ago, lamb616 said:

Same here....any speculation from the experts here as to which ship it might be?

Keep watching this thread, this is where the speculation will be.

Darwin Ports and Brisbane have bookings under the name "Voyager of the Seas" during the Oz Winter 2021.

Darwin 1 June 2021

Brisbane 8 June 2021.

On paper it looks like Voyager maybe getting a dry dock in Singapore and returning to Sydney for a Winter season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

Darwin Ports and Brisbane have bookings under the name "Voyager of the Seas" during the Oz Winter 2021.

Darwin 1 June 2021

Brisbane 8 June 2021.

On paper it looks like Voyager maybe getting a dry dock in Singapore and returning to Sydney for a Winter season.

Hi Springaussie,

Well spotted.  There is also a booking in Sydney OPT under the name Voyager of the Seas for June 10, corroborating your idea.  

Voyager has a major refurb before that, which I'd have thought would include the regular maintenance and inspection work.  Or is the dry dock not due until 2021? 

Maybe the entries in June 2021 are a placeholder for another ship, perhaps Quantum or Spectrum, and this ship replaces Voyager in Sydney.  

Thoughts?   

Hi Geoff,

SYD ports is now showing Carnival Splendor and Pacific Adventure in SYD on 10 Jun (PA at White Bay which will be interesting sailing under the Harbour Bridge).

On the 8th June there is a booking for Unnamed Vessel booked in by RCCL. Sydney ports has no ships booked in after 27 June.

Maybe Voyager is being based in BNE.

Odyssey of the Seas is registered regularly until the 15th of April 2021 in Cayman port. And then comes an issue that contradicts with Piraeus (Athens) port registries. It is also registered one time in the 15th of August 2021 in Cayman port, something that could put at risk the theory that Odyssey will be in Europe for summer 2021.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

11 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Hi Springaussie,

Well spotted.  There is also a booking in Sydney OPT under the name Voyager of the Seas for June 10, corroborating your idea.  

Voyager has a major refurb before that, which I'd have thought would include the regular maintenance and inspection work.  Or is the dry dock not due until 2021? 

Maybe the entries in June 2021 are a placeholder for another ship, perhaps Quantum or Spectrum, and this ship replaces Voyager in Sydney.  

Thoughts?   

Sydney has Vivid Festival on in late May and early June which makes Sydney unavailable for Royal.

The thing that is stumping me is why would Voyager go back into dry dock 17 months after this millions of dollars refit.  Social Media has not be kind to Royal in Oz about the crap refit Voyager is getting compared to Mariner, Adventure and Navigator. It is obvious that a reason must exist why Voyager is leaving Sydney 9 days earlier. Voyager would miss the connection in Singapore with Ovation heading to Alaska (5 year dry dock) by one day if my maths are right. So if Voyager is going into dry dock in Singapore 26 April 2021 is this the changes required to run under a different company.

Another point to consider Geoff is why Sydney and Brisbane are only showing 8 and 10 June 2021. If Voyager got one date added in each port surely they would have added more if staying in OZ or not added any.

20 minutes ago, springaussie said:

From November 2021 the regular Wednesday visits for Liberty of the Seas swap to Independence of the Seas in Grand Cayman.

Maybe Liberty will take on the full-time schedule out of Fort Lauderdale and Independence will be an additional ship out of Galveston during Winter and perhaps in Southampton at Summer? Although I can't imagine a ship being shared between England and Texas, very different markets.

21 minutes ago, springaussie said:

From November 2021 the regular Wednesday visits for Liberty of the Seas swap to Independence of the Seas in Grand Cayman.

Interesting. I think RCCL is shuffling the cards again... Let's see what they are gonna announce. Three months, if they follow the the same pattern as last year, and we will know.

16 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Sydney has Vivid Festival on in late May and early June which makes Sydney unavailable for Royal.

The thing that is stumping me is why would Voyager go back into dry dock 17 months after this millions of dollars refit.  Social Media has not be kind to Royal in Oz about the crap refit Voyager is getting compared to Mariner, Adventure and Navigator. It is obvious that a reason must exist why Voyager is leaving Sydney 9 days earlier. Voyager would miss the connection in Singapore with Ovation heading to Alaska (5 year dry dock) by one day if my maths are right. So if Voyager is going into dry dock in Singapore 26 April 2021 is this the changes required to run under a different company.

Another point to consider Geoff is why Sydney and Brisbane are only showing 8 and 10 June 2021. If Voyager got one date added in each port surely they would have added more if staying in OZ or not added any.

Still wondering what will happen to my April 21/21 repo Sydney to Singapore. It is gone from website.  😞   Keeping close eye on this thread 😀

3 minutes ago, emmy said:

Still wondering what will happen to my April 21/21 repo Sydney to Singapore. It is gone from website.  😞   Keeping close eye on this thread 😀

It appears now Departing Sydney 12 April 2021 Brisbane 14 April Darwin 21 April and Singapore arrive 26 April. Good luck getting Royal to confirm this Emmy. 

10 minutes ago, emmy said:

Hi Emmy! Perhaps it's just completely sold out with long wait lists. That's the case for the Brilliance TA in September 2020.

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Hi Geoff,

SYD ports is now showing Carnival Splendor and Pacific Adventure in SYD on 10 Jun (PA at White Bay which will be interesting sailing under the Harbour Bridge).

On the 8th June there is a booking for Unnamed Vessel booked in by RCCL. Sydney ports has no ships booked in after 27 June.

Maybe Voyager is being based in BNE.

Hi woodscruise, 

The Unnamed Vessel appears in the Sydney calendar from Nov 2021 to June 2022.  

The new entry for Voyager is in June 2021, some time earlier.  Not clear if they are for the same ship or not. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Voyager's previous dry dock was apparently in 2014, so the mandatory work has to be done this year, and cannot be delayed.  So I can't see Voyager being dry docked in 2021.  I think she is leaving and another ship is coming into Australia in June of that year.  Odd timing.  The absence of more port entries in Syd and/or Bris probably just means they haven't sorted out the itineraries yet.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Voyager's previous dry dock was apparently in 2014, so the mandatory work has to be done this year, and cannot be delayed.  So I can't see Voyager being dry docked in 2021.  I think she is leaving and another ship is coming into Australia in June of that year.  Odd timing.  The absence of more port entries in Syd and/or Bris probably just means they haven't sorted out the itineraries yet.  

Maybe the next cruise is to California from Sydney 10 June 2021 and Voyager is going elsewhere with no other port dates  booked in Sydney and Brisbane. 

Voyager of the Seas Sailings 2021 (Speculated)

12 April - 26 April Sydney to Singapore

DRYDOCK ( No dry dock suitable when based in California/ South America)

27 May - 10 June Singapore to Sydney ( To get around Jones Law.)

10 June  - 4 July  ( APPROX ) Sydney to California via South Pacific (one cruise )

Voyager based in San Francisco or Los Angeles

Then possibly move to South America for the Summer in that region. Royal has asked about cruises from South America in recent surveys.

https://thecatalinaislander.com/guest-column-royal-caribbean-cruise-lines-may-return-to-catalina-island/?fbclid=IwAR0o3GEi3jEcREtggdMBfHX-kd064_1gStcA0uW1ni3zkW-clw-GVe26dYw

• Like 2

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

10 June  - 4 July  ( APPROX ) Sydney to California via South Pacific (one cruise )

Then possibly move to South America for the Summer in that region. Royal has asked about cruises from South America in recent surveys.

https://thecatalinaislander.com/guest-column-royal-caribbean-cruise-lines-may-return-to-catalina-island/?fbclid=IwAR0o3GEi3jEcREtggdMBfHX-kd064_1gStcA0uW1ni3zkW-clw-GVe26dYw

Very interesting find and info on possible visits to Catalina. I'm sure the West Coast people would be happy to get Voyager or any RCI ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Good find. Looking forward to it, if it does happen

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Oh wow, too bad they're late on getting to SA. We gave up waiting and we're going with Princess in January. That would have been a wonderful way to rack up some serious points! 

Catalina would be fun, too!

4 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Can Voyager Class ships visit Catalina, which is a tender port?  

We have tendered several times from Voyager Class ships.  We have done it in Grand Cayman, Cabo and will be doing it this October in Bar Harbor to name a few.