Indian food in MDR?

NillaB

Everyday there is an Indian option that is vegetarian - not sure if there is a separate vegetarian option/dish besides that or you would have to order wisely vegetarian options off the menu. 

The indian option is a full plate with three different prepared dishes put in their own bowls and placed on a larger plate. One is usually rice, one a vegetable and one a bean  like concoction. I am sure I am explaining it wrong but it tastes great!   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NillaB said:

I read somewhere that there is an Indian menu for the MDR (other than the daily vegetarian option). 

Does anyone know, please? 

Hi there, I do not know if there is an Indian menu, but if you speak to your server, I am pretty sure they will send the Maitre D over.  On several cruises, my husband and his cousin have asked about Indian food. When the Maitre D came over, he asked what they were interested in, what night and for how many people. Plenty of chicken curry, rice and naan (roti is their preference but they were more than happy with the naan!) were brought to the table.  Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bambilin said:

Hi there, I do not know if there is an Indian menu, but if you speak to your server, I am pretty sure they will send the Maitre D over.  On several cruises, my husband and his cousin have asked about Indian food. When the Maitre D came over, he asked what they were interested in, what night and for how many people. Plenty of chicken curry, rice and naan (roti is their preference but they were more than happy with the naan!) were brought to the table.  Hope that helps!

That sounds really good- we love Indian food (including naan).

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

Once on the Ecstasy there was a large family Indians that I had the pleasure to get to know. Each night, they had certain foods that the waiters served to them from a station in the MDR, I asked them about and they told me the ship had some Indian dishes not on the menu. He told me since many of the staff culinary are Indian they prepare special foods.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naxer said:

It's on the menu, but there is no separate menu. 

There is a separate menu you can ask to read at the host stand. You may order the night before for the following night from that menu. This menu has more variety and offers lamb, chicken and varying vegetarian options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition to this "secret" Indian menu in the MDR ,there are some ships which have an Indian food station on the Lido at lunch time.

Splendor has it in the back near the aft pool.

I do not know which other ships also have it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

There is a separate menu you can ask to read at the host stand. You may order the night before for the following night from that menu. This menu has more variety and offers lamb, chicken and varying vegetarian options.

Thank you!  That is great to know!    We're already so pleased with the "chef's choice," I can't imagine how cool it's going to be to make a selection. 

I do miss the tandoori and it's tandoori chicken, and especially it's tandoori fish, which if you beg the Blue Iguana guys to giving you some tortillas, make for an excellent fish taco.  Better than the breaded pellets at Blue Iguana.

10 hours ago, CruisingViper said:

Wife loves the indian dish on the mdr menu. I've heard if you give them a days notice they can also swap out one of the currys with a chicken curry dish as well if you're not a strict vegetarian. 

My husband did this. He asked the waiter one day ahead of me could order a special curry dish (quite upset Carnival has eliminated tandoori buffet). There was no extra charge. The chef actually came out to ask if he liked the curry. Of course we tipped extra.

• Thanks 1