Do shows repeat?

zitsky

46 minutes ago, Haworth said:

The popular shows like Abba and The Beatles yes but others no.

And only if your cruise is longer than 7-nights.

Two shows per night is a rare occurrence in my experience. Usually the show is at 9:15 and runs for 45 minutes.

Edited by Peregrina651

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do shows repeat?  Day1... Day3... etc?  And is it just one show a night or more than one?  Another thread suggested 7:30 and 9:30?

Our Caribbean cruise had 2 entertainment shows per night 6:15 and 9:15 and the others (Europe and Homeland) only the 9:15 one.

there was only one evening for a specific show like ABBA.  No repeats.

what we hope Viking does though is begin to put some new material in, as we have future cruises booked.  There must be about 4 acts/shows that are on every cruise and now we re tired of those ...

but it gives aid a free evening!

2 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Our Caribbean cruise had 2 entertainment shows per night 6:15 and 9:15 and the others (Europe and Homeland) only the 9:15 one.

Okay. I have only sailed with Viking in Europe so that would explain why I can report only one show per night.

5 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Okay. I have only sailed with Viking in Europe so that would explain why I can report only one show per night.

You know, Peregrina, we wondered if it was perhaps more the time of year and time of sunset.  It got dark around 5 each night on our winter Viking Sea Caribbean cruise.  So maybe they felt once it was dark people would like entertainment and then dinner.  Must admit it was odd have every dinner when dark outside!  

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

If we are not in a specialty restaurant we always eat in the World cafe, have had one evening meal in the MDR, we prefer to pick our own bits and pieces to eat and enjoy at a pace that suits our plans for the evening and a few glasses of wine.

34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  We can try to move dinner earlier if there is a good show.  Best to try a change at the World Cafe or should we go early and try to get in?

IMHO, try to change when you board,  just as soon as the reservation desk opens in the WC. If that doesn't work, find someone manning the reservation desk at Manfredi's.

On our just-completed (July 14-28) British Isles cruise, we were surprised that some shows were on at 6:30 and repeated at 9:15, like ABBA and the Beatles Songbook.  Same show, different foursome as on our last cruise. One other repeat was "Decades"-popular songs from the 50's, 60's, and 70's by the same 4 vocalists.  Otherwise, the main show was on at 9:15 (and ended at 10:00).

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

We found it was tough to get an early dinner reservation.  Seems everyone wants to begin their dinner meal between 6 and 7.  We never had luck just showing up early to get seated.  Late worked but not early.  Once on board try to change your reservation at desk by World Cafe and, if that doesnt work, at Manfredi's when they open for dinner.  Is your birthday listed on your booking papers?  We will have a wedding anniversary on during our next cruise.  I told our booking agent and i see it noted in a line on our Guest Invoice papers.

When is your cruise and to where? I see you on CC asking many questions and posting a lot.  You remind me of myself prior to our very first cruise with Viking trying to find out everything and making it all perfect..  You are gonna love it.  Tranquilla!

I'm going to Mediterranean Odyssey.  New to ocean so yes many questions.  I try to search first.

I hope it's possible to get into the MDR at a decent time 6 or 6.30??

Edited by zitsky

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm going to Mediterranean Odyssey.  New to ocean so yes many questions.  I try to search first.

Every cruise is different re: times the restaurants are busy.  We have had one where, like Tanya, the early ones were popular.  Our last cruise Barcelona to Copenhagen, the hours 6 to 7 were open all the time and we would walk up eating standby with no problem.  

So it is definitely cruise specific. Besides the passenger make up I think the time of sunset matters.  The early the sun went down the earlier people wanted to eat and the later the sunset people seemed to want to eat later.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Mdr is open seating.. never a line to get in..although I did see a line after a lecture/port talk get out and it seemed like the whole theater emptied in the MDR..there  was a line so Viking handed out champagne for those that had to wait a few minutes..

🥂🥂

3 hours ago, geffric said:

Mdr is open seating.. never a line to get in..although I did see a line after a lecture/port talk get out and it seemed like the whole theater emptied in the MDR..there  was a line so Viking handed out champagne for those that had to wait a few minutes..

🥂🥂

Never say , "Never"!!

One cruise we were on, maybe our first NYE in the Med cruise,  looked like folks were lining up for the early bird special. By 6pm the line was out the door. 

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Never say , "Never"!!

One cruise we were on, maybe our first NYE in the Med cruise,  looked like folks were lining up for the early bird special. By 6pm the line was out the door. 

But did you get Champagne? 

We did the Baltic Sea cruise in May 2018.  Am I reading correctly that they are still doing the same shows of Beatles and Abba?  We leave on another cruise in Sept. and hoping it's not the same show 1 1/2 years later!

55 minutes ago, cvgrammy said:

We did the Baltic Sea cruise in May 2018.  Am I reading correctly that they are still doing the same shows of Beatles and Abba?  We leave on another cruise in Sept. and hoping it's not the same show 1 1/2 years later!

Expect to see some of the same shows and some that are new to the line-up or local talent for your itinerary only.

Show times were our one disappointment on Star last Nov.  There was just one show nightly at 9:15.  Everyone wanted to attend but theater simply too small.  Always a large line waiting for doors to open.  Every night hotel director Leitner would personally carry in extra chairs and benches.  Still lots of folks standing in rear or outside in corridor.  Never understood why they didn't perform shows twice nightly like other lines.

32 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Show times were our one disappointment on Star last Nov.  There was just one show nightly at 9:15.  Everyone wanted to attend but theater simply too small.  Always a large line waiting for doors to open.  Every night hotel director Leitner would personally carry in extra chairs and benches.  Still lots of folks standing in rear or outside in corridor.  Never understood why they didn't perform shows twice nightly like other lines.

That's disappointing.  I know my husband won't like it.  But we can listen to music instead at Torhavn.

We need a Cruise Critic red carpet and a secret handshake to get in.

• Like 1