Bringing sodas on board other than embarkation port?

cujosmom

I know you can bring a case of canned sodas (12 sodas) at embarkation but can you bring the same amount at a subsequent port?  We fly in the same day we embark (Brooklyn cruise terminal) and will not have the opportunity to find a store to purchase some sodas.  At our first port of call (Halifax), would we be able to purchase and bring the canned sodas on board at that port?

6 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

I know you can bring a case of canned sodas (12 sodas) at embarkation but can you bring the same amount at a subsequent port?  We fly in the same day we embark (Brooklyn cruise terminal) and will not have the opportunity to find a store to purchase some sodas.  At our first port of call (Halifax), would we be able to purchase and bring the canned sodas on board at that port?

In the past it hasn't been an issue, we have done it before, however your mileage my differ. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

I have never seen a set amount of soda allowed to be brought onboard.

Bring as much as you want in any port AFAIK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

I know you can bring a case of canned sodas (12 sodas) at embarkation

You are not limited to a case at embarkation.  You can take as much as you feel like transporting.  Just slap a luggage tag on it.

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

You are not limited to a case at embarkation.  You can take as much as you feel like transporting.  Just slap a luggage tag on it.

I won't be bringing any at embarkation because we won't have the opportunity to do so. My question was can we do it at our next port. Most people said we should be able to do so. I'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks. :classic_smile: 

7 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

I won't be bringing any at embarkation because we won't have the opportunity to do so. My question was can we do it at our next port. Most people said we should be able to do so. I'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks. :classic_smile: 

Understood.  It's just that your initial post looked like it was stating what the embarkation policy is, and I didn't want others to be confused.  There is no case limit on sodas at embarkation.  And while I have not seen anyone load on a case or cases at a port, I am aware of no restriction prohibiting one from doing so.  The security folks are looking for contraband and wouldn't care about soda as long as they can clearly tell that it is soda.  In Halifax, I don't see this as being a problem.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Shouldn't have any problem. I've done it on Alaska cruises.

Tom

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, cujosmom said:

I did in San Diego with no problems at all.  Like you, I did not have an opportunity to purchase in embarkation day!

Princess doesn't limit the amount of soda brought onboard or where, BUT - coming from Texas you might be shocked by prices in Halifax versus home, and also the teeny tiny cans.