Docking at 5;30 am AOS so Carib from Ft Lauderdale

We are booked on AOS from ft Lauderdale to Southern Carib on an 8 day cruise leaving 3/28/2020.  Our return time into Ft Lauderdale is listed as 5:30 am.  Is this accurate? What would be the recommended flight time from FLL?

5 minutes ago, 63galaxie said:

We are booked on AOS from ft Lauderdale to Southern Carib on an 8 day cruise leaving 3/28/2020.  Our return time into Ft Lauderdale is listed as 5:30 am.  Is this accurate? What would be the recommended flight time from FLL?

Anything after noon. This will allow plenty of buffer time in the event your ship is delayed into port.

I would book something between 11:00 and noon or even a bit earlier and do self disembark. FLL is only a 10-15 min taxi ride at the most. Get home (to Ky) as early as you can. FLL isn't an airport I want/like to spend much time in.

Edited by Ashland

Other things to consider.

If---- you are doing luggage valet, I would make sure I was eligible by the time restraints.

I cannot remember if your flight has to leave after 11:30 am or noon, if you are flying an participating carrier.

Just saying.

We flew out of FLL in April after our symphony cruise.  This is a very small and very inefficient airport.   We spent hours waiting in line to check in for our delta flight.  The lines were so long!   We arrived around 10:30 for our 1pm flight.  They would not allow us in the regular line - they made us wait in a separate line and would not allow us to proceed to the counter until 1 hour before our flight time.  It was pretty miserable and it meant we could not have lunch before our flight.   There were a lot of storms that weekend and every flight was at Max capacity, but you just never know when that is going to happen.  

When we finally got to the counter the girl told us that it’s busy like this on all cruise days??

On both our May and June cruises on Allure, we left the ship at 8:15, through Customs, cab to airport Fll.

We did luggage valet.

At airport, got in line to go thru TSA, sitting at gate before 9am.

Flight scheduled both times for noon.

They let us in both times when we arrived to the airport to check in.....

Safe travels.

We had flights booked for 9:45. The only other flights that day were late in the afternoon and we didn't want to wait at the airport all day and get home after midnight. Based on some reports here, I knew we could make an early flight but I wasn't sure we would make it. We decided to give it a try. We did self debarkation. We were off the ship at 7:20. We took a short taxi ride to the airport, were through check-in and at our gate at 7:45. So the answer is yes, an early flight can be made if there are no issues with the ship getting into port on time or clearing customs. On the day we boarded, we got to the pier at about 11:00 and debarkation had only started about 30 minutes before that. Apparently there had been an issue clearing customs. I'm sure there were a lot of people that missed early flights.

11 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

We flew out of FLL in April after our symphony cruise.  This is a very small and very inefficient airport.   We spent hours waiting in line to check in for our delta flight.  The lines were so long!   We arrived around 10:30 for our 1pm flight.  They would not allow us in the regular line - they made us wait in a separate line and would not allow us to proceed to the counter until 1 hour before our flight time.  It was pretty miserable and it meant we could not have lunch before our flight.   There were a lot of storms that weekend and every flight was at Max capacity, but you just never know when that is going to happen.  

When we finally got to the counter the girl told us that it’s busy like this on all cruise days??

Maybe it was just Delta. We have flown out of FLL many times and always with JetBlue. Checkin and through TSA 3 or more hours before flight. We have even dropped luggage with the Skycap out front at 9 30 am for a 5 pm flight and hopped on the Suntrolly for a few hours in town.