Top 13 - Armonia - New to MSC

OceanBlueWaters

Hello!

I tried to search about this, but I found little info, so here I go: 😞

I am guessing this is a space exclusive to a certain package?  If so, what package and what does the "Top 13" include.  Is there a bar there?  Refreshments?  Can a "day/week pass" be purchased?  It looks like it is "adults only" area, correct?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Hello!

I tried to search about this, but I found little info, so here I go: 😞

I am guessing this is a space exclusive to a certain package?  If so, what package and what does the "Top 13" include.  Is there a bar there?  Refreshments?  Can a "day/week pass" be purchased?  It looks like it is "adults only" area, correct?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Aurea guests have free access to the Top 13, but you can pay per day to utilise it.  I don't remember what the cost was.  We were given free passes for the week, but it was too cold on the day we checked it out, so there was nobody there - including crew who may set up a refreshments stand when the area is being used.

Reports vary, generally, about this private sun deck on all ships as to whether it is an "adults only" area.  If someone has booked an Aurea cabin with children, it's unlikely that they could be excluded from it.

• Thanks 1

Well here's an interesting thing.

I got an upgrade to an S3 Aurea suite.  My experience on my ticket says Fantastica, this was a bid upgrade, not a complimentary one. We will be able to access the Top 13?

I just went through the terms and conditions of the upgrade program and found this:

16. If the Guests purchases an Upgrade which is accepted by MSC Cruises SA, all other conditions of the original cruise reservation will remain in effect following the Upgrade. This includes conditions, experience, pertaining to cancellation, penalties, and changes. If the upgrade cabin category includes a higher service charge amount, the guests occupying the upgraded cabin will be charged the service charge amount applicable to the upgraded cabin. 

17. The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Guests whose upgrade bid is accepted will receive the experience level included with their original reservation. 

So it would appear that we will not receive any of the Aurea perks, just the cabin. 

Seems to me that it's not worth bidding on an upgrade, so.  It's like bidding on a Business Class seat on a flight only to be told that the food will be the same as if you were in Economy, drinks won't be included and you won't be allowed to adjust your seat to the lying position.

• 1 month later...

Cruisers who do the upgrade bids must pay extra to receive the Aurea Experience Inclusions. Just bidding to change from a Fantastica Experience Cabin to an Aurea Experience Cabin just means a cruiser will now stay in an Aurea Level Cabin but only with Fantastica Experience Inclusions.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:20 AM, Beamafar said:

Aurea guests have free access to the Top 13, but you can pay per day to utilise it.  I don't remember what the cost was.  We were given free passes for the week, but it was too cold on the day we checked it out, so there was nobody there - including crew who may set up a refreshments stand when the area is being used.

Reports vary, generally, about this private sun deck on all ships as to whether it is an "adults only" area.  If someone has booked an Aurea cabin with children, it's unlikely that they could be excluded from it.

This is the sign on Armonia as of the Aug. 26 cruise:  

enhance

enhance

enhance

I don't know where/what the cabanas are...  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 10:02 AM, saxkid said:

Well here's an interesting thing.

I got an upgrade to an S3 Aurea suite.  My experience on my ticket says Fantastica, this was a bid upgrade, not a complimentary one. We will be able to access the Top 13?

In another CC thread ("Beware the MSC upgrade program") that is still ongoing, a poster wrote about how their bid to upgrade from a Bella balcony to YC had been accepted and expressed how there had been some miscommunication with MSC reps as to whether they would receive all of the benefits associated with the the upgrade to the  YC.    Several posters assuredly said "absolutely not" but others thought they would.  That thread was of particular interest to me because we were in exactly the same position as the OP.  And, like you, our ticket continued to say Bella Experience....although the final invoice did show we had upgraded to YC Experience in addition to stating Bella Experience.  Well,  upon returning from his/her cruise, the OP  of that thread  reported they'd received all of the YC benefits.  Furthermore, we just returned from our cruise and there was absolutely no problem.  We were afforded all of the YC benefits...there was no distinction between those who upgraded and those who had directly booked YC.   Of course, I cannot say how your situation with the upgrade to Aurea will turn out but I see no reason why your experience would differ from ours.   As others have advised, I believe you should call MSC and ask.  But, be prepared for some discrepant information because not all of the reps seem to be equally informed.

Edited by Bluewake

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I don't know where/what the cabanas are...  EM

5 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The cabanas are those globe like things in your photos EM.

And they are pretty uncomfortable.  Ours had a metal bar crosswise in the center that made it almost unusable.

• Like 1

We had the Aurea experience last June on Armonia and utilized the Top 13 deck. It was worth it to us to have a place where you didn't have to compete for deck chairs. The attendants were happy to get bar service when you wanted it, provided fresh fruit skewers, and gave us cold misters.The misters were really helpful because there is minimal shade on Top 13. The coveted shady area was usually taken by a couple of families who ran up there early in the day to deposit their belongings. If you just want a place with abundant, comfy loungers to soak in the sun for a short time, it's worth the splurge. If you do not have the Aurea experience, the daily price is well worth it, especially on crowded sea days.I can't say that children were not allowed in this area, but it's doubtful they would enjoy spending a significant amount of time there.

As an added note, I wish they would provide true cabanas like those on HAL. They provide privacy and shade along with amazing food and beverage service! 

2 hours ago, L2float said:

We had the Aurea experience last June on Armonia and utilized the Top 13 deck. It was worth it to us to have a place where you didn't have to compete for deck chairs. The attendants were happy to get bar service when you wanted it, provided fresh fruit skewers, and gave us cold misters.The misters were really helpful because there is minimal shade on Top 13. The coveted shady area was usually taken by a couple of families who ran up there early in the day to deposit their belongings. If you just want a place with abundant, comfy loungers to soak in the sun for a short time, it's worth the splurge. If you do not have the Aurea experience, the daily price is well worth it, especially on crowded sea days.I can't say that children were not allowed in this area, but it's doubtful they would enjoy spending a significant amount of time there.

As an added note, I wish they would provide true cabanas like those on HAL. They provide privacy and shade along with amazing food and beverage service! 

Great inside info!  Thank you!