Plenty of Outlets

I have read many posts here regarding the lack of outlets and the banning of power strips.  I just returned from the Adventure of the Seas and was pleasantly surprised based on previous posts.   I was staying in a GS and realize not all cabins are created equally but comparing to previous GS, the Adventure had plenty of outlets including a power strip already in room (see picture below).   There were (2) 110V outlets and (2) 220V outlets on the desk.  There was (1) outlet on the peninsula counter, (1) on the left side of the sofa and (3) 110V outlets on the right side of the sofa.  In (1) of the outlets on the right side there was a power strip where the TV and Cable was plugged in leaving (2) outlets open.  Therefore there was a total of (8) open 110V outlets and (2) 220V outlets. 

This was far more outlets than I needed.  The plug in the middle is my USB charger.  Also note that the power strip was grounded.

109147663_2019-08-0419_22_42.thumb.jpg.be9a38bffebfb710c7e5c04424aeed06.jpg

Edited by Mythbuster

20 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

I have read many posts here regarding the lack of outlets and the banning of power strips.  I just returned from the Adventure of the Seas and was pleasantly surprised based on previous posts.   I was staying in a GS and realize not all cabins are created equally but comparing to previous GS, the Adventure had plenty of outlets including a power strip already in room (see picture below).   There were (2) 110V outlets and (2) 220V outlets on the desk.  There was (1) outlet on the peninsula counter, (1) on the left side of the sofa and (3) 110V outlets on the right side of the sofa.  In (1) of the outlets on the right side there was a power strip where the TV and Cable was plugged in leaving (2) outlets open.  Therefore there was a total of (8) open 110V outlets and (2) 220V outlets. 

This was far more outlets than I needed.  The plug in the middle is my USB charger.  Also note that the power strip was grounded.

109147663_2019-08-0419_22_42.thumb.jpg.be9a38bffebfb710c7e5c04424aeed06.jpg

Number of outlets vary by ship class and cabin type.  Older ships have one or two outlets.  Newer ones can have three plus usb.  That's why you see posts.  You're not allowed to bring power strips onboard (or extension cords) and I'm surprised to see one already in a cabin.  We've stayed in GS on a couple of different ships and usually stay in JS and haven't seen what your photo shows.  And I've never seen 8 outlets in any cabin.  Some JS have an outlet by the bed. Anthem I think is one (honestly can't remember for sure after 28 cruises).

Edited by BND

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Someone left that Power Strip or you brought it, either way that kind is 100% banned and always has been

And you would be wrong.  It was put there by Royal according to the cabin attendant.  And if someone had left it why would they have plugged in the TV and cable into the strip?

Edited by Mythbuster

19 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

And you would be wrong.  It was put there by Royal according to the cabin attendant.  And if someone had left it why would they have plugged in the TV and cable into the strip?

Either way as said 100% Banned and this style unsafe

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

They are only banned by Royal for passengers to bring on as they do not know if what passengers are bringing on is approved and safe.  I’m sure they have sourced ones that meet ships requirement for use on board. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, I am sure that RCCL put an unsafe power strip in the cabin.  Perhaps I should sue them for endangering us.  Will you be my expert witness?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are only banned by Royal for passengers to bring on as they do not know if what passengers are bringing on is approved and safe.  I’m sure they have sourced ones that meet ships requirement for use on board. 

Circuit Breaker style, pretty sure Chief has said so also