Diamond Lounge Mariner

Does anyone know if there is any food/sandwiches in the diamond lounge on embarkation day?  

The royal app says it is open for lunch from 11:00-2:00. I have never entered the lounge other than the evening hours. Curious if they are actually open. 

We avoid the windjammer on day one. Cafe promenade is our usual spot  

TIA

It would be unusual for any food to be available in the lounge on boarding day.  We sometimes go there for a coffee and to sit while the crowds in the buffet die down and have never seen anything more than a plate of cookies during lunch time.

25 minutes ago, Cruzin RN said:

Does anyone know if there is any food/sandwiches in the diamond lounge on embarkation day?  

The royal app says it is open for lunch from 11:00-2:00. I have never entered the lounge other than the evening hours. Curious if they are actually open. 

TIA

They had small sandwiches when we boarded.  Tao was our Concierge -- he will be back on 9-29-2019 and I'm not sure who is in the DL and if they also have the small sandwiches.  

I just got off the Mariner this morning. On embarkation day we went to the diamond lounge at about 1 PM and there were duck sandwiches and some other sandwiches I can’t remember what kind and also cookies and apples.

Edited by Marie51

To those that say there is not...what is your experience on Mariner lately?  🤔🙄

OP...ignore those that state that.  While it is true it is unusual to have sandwiches in the DL (and sometimes even the coffee machine is not turned on)...but on Mariner they do it right.  You have excellent Tao the DL concierge to thank for that.  Had a variety of sandwiches available when we boarded.  Was a nice extra touch we did not expect. You will love Tao!  He is one of the best DL concierges I have met.  🙂 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

OP...ignore those that state that.  While it is true it is unusual to have sandwiches in the DL (and sometimes even the coffee machine is not turned on)...but on Mariner they do it right.  You have excellent Tao the DL concierge to thank for that.  Had a variety of sandwiches available when we boarded.  Was a nice extra touch we did not expect. You will love Tao!  He is one of the best DL concierges I have met.  🙂 

As I said in my earlier post I just got off mariner this morning. Tao is not there,  someone named Leo instead 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Tao will be back on MA.  Agree with Pat -- he's a fabulous concierge!!  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, Cruzin RN said:

TIA

Give the Jammer a try.  Today they had beef and chicken fajitas.  Laura said they were fabulous

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Give the Jammer a try.  Today they had beef and chicken fajitas.  Laura said they were fabulous

Not a fan of the windjammer, especially on embarkation day.  

On a recent Mariner cruise,  we had a light and nice embarkation snack/lunch at promenade cafe. 

M

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, Cruzin RN said:

TIA

Personally I don't trust much of the info from the reps.  They mean well but are misinformed r simply don't have a clue .  They can read from  the script but can't really answer any specific questions, especially about any specific ship.   Just last week I was  pricing a CP balcony on Harmony then decided to price  a Mariner B2B instead. Before asking my cabin  type preference,  the reps tells me that all the CP balconies are sold out on Mariner. What?????      Such poor training by RCCL.  I  thanked the rep and hung up.  

You can often get better info here, but again, there is little consistency  from ship to ship  or even sometimes  sailing to sailing. 

BYW - check out the lounge one morning.   You might be delightfully  surprised at the nearly empty pleasant room, nice continental breakfast, good coffee and an available concierge.   

M

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not a fan of the windjammer, especially on embarkation day.  

On a recent Mariner cruise,  we had a light and nice embarkation snack/lunch at promenade cafe. 

M

Is that a general statement,  or have you been lately.  We generally avoid is well. Just sharing that it was very nice yesterday. But that was after canins opened

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is that a general statement,  or have you been lately.  We generally avoid is well. Just sharing that it was very nice yesterday. But that was after canins opened

I guess a general statement, but I know belter to "never say never".   I walk through  more than once each cruise, regardless of  the ship just  to  confirm that I'd rather eat elsewhere.   I'm sure the food is fine and many people like eating  there.  I am glad most ships have some alternative.   There  have been a few times we've eaten there, like very early in the morning and a few times (late, just before they close )  just for fresh crepes  dessert.   We had a late day in Boston and walked in when we arrived back at the ship at 8:30pm.  The simple fact that I can pinpoint the  times we've eaten there should tell you something.     BTW - CK staff on harmony tell me they share the kitchen with WJ.  If there is no suite  embarkation lunch provided, and we are not on Oasis Class,  then we might use a BOGO and have embarkation  lunch in a specialty restaurant.   Most of our cruises are B2B  so we often get a nice  lunch on the second embarkation day.  

I guess if we were hungry enough we'd eat there, or anywhere.

M

16 hours ago, Marie51 said:

As I said in my earlier post I just got off mariner this morning. Tao is not there,  someone named Leo instead 

Yes, I saw your post.  And yes, I know Tao is on vacation, but obviously Leo is following the standard that Tao has set in his absence.  Thanks for confirming that.  

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Will back on again Monday, guess I'll check out DL when we board. I'll miss Tao, he was awesome this past May. 

+1 on that!  One of the best DL concierges we have met!   Have a fantabulous cruise my friend, wish we were boarding with you.  We are still up here in Maine until October.  

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

+1 on that!  One of the best DL concierges we have met!   Have a fantabulous cruise my friend, wish we were boarding with you.  We are still up here in Maine until October.  

Enjoy the North! We'll see you on board sometime soon!