Classic Monuments of London

Squawkman

Haven't taken that specific tour, but have visited everywhere it goes during multiple trips to London. Personally, you can do it all on your own for a fraction of the price. From Greenwich, you can get the DLR/Tube into the city, or take a ferry down to Tower or Westminster. The Ho-Ho bus stops at all the attractions, or you can use the Tube.

Last year we took the tour of the Palace of Westminster (Parliament) and also the Royal Day out at Buckingham Palace. Both are exceptional tours. Also had Afternoon Tea at Parliament.

If you only have 1 day, it is tough to complete tours of many attractions - Parliament was 2+ hrs & Buckingham Palace was almost 5 hrs. For 1 day, my choice would be one of the Ho-Ho buses.

Thanks for the suggestions. Our cruise isn't until March, 2021, but I'm starting to think about London now. I haven't been to London since 1974, and don';t expect to get that much done in one day. I'm considering doing 2 days pre-cruise on our own, but if the timing won't work, I'm researching how to best use that one day. I've done HoHo's in US and Canada cities - but one thing I fear is that in March, there would be fewer buses and we could wind up using too much time waiting for the bus.

Thanks again.

London has multiple vendors. Last time (couple of years ago) we used BigBus, which had live guides, rather than canned commentary. They had buses about every 15 mins. London is busy year round, so the frequency may not change much, if at all.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

London has multiple vendors. Last time (couple of years ago) we used BigBus, which had live guides, rather than canned commentary. They had buses about every 15 mins. London is busy year round, so the frequency may not change much, if at all.

Haha, Andy, I know your "Classic Monuments of London".....  The Prospect of Whitby, The Dickens Inn, The Gipsy Moth, etc, etc, etc.....🍺

Edited by Jim Avery

1 minute ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, Andy, I know your "Classic Monuments of London".....  The Prospect of Whitby, The Dickens Inn, The Gipsy Moth, etc, etc, etc.....🍺

Jim - that's why we can only visit 1 attraction per day. It is thirsty work sitting on a bus or trailing a guide around Parliament, etc. After the World Cruise, I volunteer to be the official London pub crawl tour guide, no pubs less than 200 to 300 years old.

Mind you docklands has changed significantly since I joined my first ship in Royal Albert Docks.😀