Summit Retreat sundeck?

39august

Deck 12 all the way forward.  There is little shade.  Hot tub but no pool.  Don't remember seeing a shower.  The service was very good.  There is an eating area/dining area with a limited menu.  This area has very little shade also.  They also come around to chairs with a more limited menu.  Hope this helps.

It was sunny and warm (for Alaska) one day on our recent cruise.  We had come back to the boat from port early and I ventured up to the Retreat sundeck.  I was amazed at how HOT it was up there when the temperature was only 70.  I can't imagine what it would/will be in warmer climates!!!  Perhaps I sat in the wrong places, but I don't think anyone could sit where I did in hot weather.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, cruisestitch said:

Who knows about the shade situation going forward? They are getting a lot of complaints about not having enough shade on the new retreat sundecks so maybe by the time Connie is done the problem will be moot.

There were no complaints in the past when deck 12 was the favourite go to place for us lesser mortals who wanted to sunbathe! Obviously those in suites require more mollycoddling!

To the original poster:   As others have suggested you may see exactly where the Retreat Sun Deck is by viewing the deck 12 plans.   Yes the Retreat Sun Deck is for suite guests only.   Very, very limited shade.  As well, unless you have a drinks package beverages there are extra; including water.   Recently some folks were shocked to find this out when they were presented with a bill to pay for their beverages and water.   Just a "heads up".