Azamazing Evening Journey November and December

uktog

Thanks uktog, we were unsure if these were made known pre-voyage. Given your Az experience, sounds like you know they are!

We wondered if the Barbados stop would be the night, and therefore potentially something in Harrisons' Caves....we have done Barbados a few times now, and were considering that as a daytime tour. If it is used for the Az evening, then we would do it that way.

Are you on all 3 sailings you asked about, we are on the the 30th and 7th?

Doing a little research I found that in 2016 it was at the 

Polo at Lion Castle

Barbados

Polo has been played in Barbados since the 1800s and few other sports attract such a jet-set crowd. Lion Castle is one of the most prestigious polo clubs in Barbados, thanks to a world-class polo field and clubhouse, and you’ll join the glitzy polo set for an evening of sporting prowess. Pick your team, have the waiter refill your champagne glass and enjoy the balmy Caribbean evening air as Royal Barbados Police Band kick off proceedings.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fatfish said:

Thanks for finding this.  St Maarten seem to be the most plausible port for the Azamazing Evening as the ship doesn't  depart until 10:00 PM.

Rich

12 hours ago, uktog said:

Bonnie

Do you have any idea when the Azamazing Evening details for the replacement cruises on 21 November, 30 November and 7 December will be available?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been traveling all day.

I will see what I can find out for you next week.

• Thanks 1

I’m working on the basis that as these cruises were last minute shoe ins for cancelled Cuba trips the evenings may have to be different given bookings for groups etc would be so late. Whatever it is we will enjoy! 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I’m working on the basis that as these cruises were last minute shoe ins for cancelled Cuba trips the evenings may have to be different given bookings for groups etc would be so late. Whatever it is we will enjoy! 

Indeed, a very fair point. For us as Az newbies, we will be delighted no matter what....after 45 cruises, we just look forward to something completely different from what other cruiselines offer! 😄

The other thing we are looking forward to is white night which, by all accounts, seems a fabulous experience.....not like the tacky white night stuff that many other cruiselines have.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, a very fair point. For us as Az newbies, we will be delighted no matter what....after 45 cruises, we just look forward to something completely different from what other cruiselines offer! 😄

The other thing we are looking forward to is white night which, by all accounts, seems a fabulous experience.....not like the tacky white night stuff that many other cruiselines have.

Yes they should be good, at least we are in warmer weather which hopefully removes some of the uncertainties.  I hear that because of timings on a current cruise there is likely to be a white night in Edinburgh this week - hope folks have packed some jackets!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes they should be good, at least we are in warmer weather which hopefully removes some of the uncertainties.  I hear that because of timings on a current cruise there is likely to be a white night in Edinburgh this week - hope folks have packed some jackets!

Wow....although the outlook into the new week is better with a balmy 19C forecast!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 3:10 PM, uktog said:

I am currently on the Journey, and the white night is scheduled for Wednesday in Edinburgh. The forecast I see calls for rain in the evening, so I’m not too optimistic of it being a nice night!

2 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

I am currently on the Journey, and the white night is scheduled for Wednesday in Edinburgh. The forecast I see calls for rain in the evening, so I’m not too optimistic of it being a nice night!

I believe they are looking at alternatives given the various forecasts.  Its so hard, finding a night in port that meets with the approval of the weather gods and is not going to impact on too many excursions e.g. the tattoo.

We were at the tattoo last night, it was fabulous but as the Castle esplanade is high up and exposed it is windy and of course no cover so tell anyone going to wrap up well but ta wonderful spectacle awaits them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

I believe they are looking at alternatives given the various forecasts.  Its so hard, finding a night in port that meets with the approval of the weather gods and is not going to impact on too many excursions e.g. the tattoo.

We were at the tattoo last night, it was fabulous but as the Castle esplanade is high up and exposed it is windy and of course no cover so tell anyone going to wrap up well but ta wonderful spectacle awaits them.

Great, thanks for this info. We are going to the Tattoo on Tuesday night, can’t wait! Will definitely plan on bundling up!

Azamara's website states this: 

"Each private, bespoke AzAmazing Evenings event delivers authentic travel moments that bring you closer to your destination, its culture and its people. Best of all, one is included with our compliments on all cruises except transatlantic crossings and voyages that are less than seven nights long." 

JsMom2, I'm curious, where did you get this information that there would be no Azamazing evenings?

6 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

There will not be Azamazing evenings on Nov 21st or Nov 30th sailings.  

Bonnie 

What have you found out - is this correct?

Hope not!

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Bonnie

Is there any update - there is a comment on several roll calls that people are being told there are no evenings in the November /December sailings.  It would be good if Azamara came clean if that is indeed the case - or tell us things are still being worked on

Thanks

• Like 2

I suspect that maybe they don't have it all worked out yet.  When we sailed to Cuba last November, the planned Azamazing evening at the Heredia theater in Santiago had to be cancelled about 6 weeks prior to sailing because damage caused to the port by Hurricane Irma made Santiago a tender port.  They scrambled around and found a replacement Azamazing evening for one of our nights in Havana.   We didn't learn what the replacement was until a week or so before sailing.  We had a wonderful evening  at the Gran Teatro de la Habana watching the Cuban National Ballet.  

30 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

I suspect that maybe they don't have it all worked out yet.  When we sailed to Cuba last November, the planned Azamazing evening at the Heredia theater in Santiago had to be cancelled about 6 weeks prior to sailing because damage caused to the port by Hurricane Irma made Santiago a tender port.  They scrambled around and found a replacement Azamazing evening for one of our nights in Havana.   We didn't learn what the replacement was until a week or so before sailing.  We had a wonderful evening  at the Gran Teatro de la Habana watching the Cuban National Ballet.  

Yes I’m hoping it’s a case of still working out, but several people seem to have been informed there are no evenings at all being planned 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes I’m hoping it’s a case of still working out, but several people seem to have been informed there are no evenings at all being planned 

I’m working on getting a definitive answer for you, hopefully by Monday.

• Thanks 2