Teens and Diamond Club

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

No more CLs when the ship converts to SL.  As in Freedom and Voyager class...

I don’t know if the intent is to convert all CL’s to SL’s but a number of ships still have a CL. The Brilliance has a very nice CL that I was looking forward to this past May on its TA to Europe but due to the large number of D+, they decided to restrict access to only suite guests and pinnacle, effectively making it a suite lounge for that sailing. The only CL I have experienced is on Explorer where the lounge is very small and in a bad location. Few people with D Lounge access would select the CL over the DL on that ship.

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The difference is lying about where he lives. 

I guess the intention was fairly innocent but the facts are plain wrong!

Let me try one last time to explain how I came to suggesting that - 

I have nieces who live in New Zealand who's parents I KNOW have no intention of cruising ..

Lets assume for a minute that my nieces would ( always shown a massive interest and have asked if they could come on the ship when we've docked in Auckland etc ) like to cruise with my wife and I. They have the same surname etc so i would when booking simply have told (hypothetically remember) RCCL that they lived at the same address - for ease of communications and the like!  innocent enough = yeah .... factually  wrong = of course!

That was pretty much how I read and and replied to the OP  

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I for one do not decide on a cruise line based on loyalty programs. I base my choice on what works for me whether it be price, itinerary, ports in driving distance or overall ambiance that each line provides. Jockeying for position in a loyalty program never enters the equation. The only perks that would interest me are the perks that save actual dollars like a balcony discount. Internet has become so inexpensive that the perk is now meaningless. Drink packages trump any lounge benefit that dictates a time frame and I will not let anyone do my wash for fear of damage or loss.   What I have learned is that I can have a vacation tailored to me if I am willing to jump around. That  is more important than any feel good freebies and emotional stroking. What I don't understand is bumping kids or spouses to  a status that haven't earned it. Now that doesn't mean that a spouse would be excluded from a lounge or special embarkation, or tender lines if they are booked together.  I think those who turn to on line dating sites to meet a potential spouse should add their Diamond + status to their profile. It could give you an edge if you are looking for someone who likes to cruise.

Ha ha ha ... your post made me giggle!

You're right about other cruise lines etc, when we cruised with Celebrity ( instantly Elite ) the looks and comments were at times terrible from their hardcore cruisers! Not that i worried at times, simply found it fun when asked, to tell them anything to wind them up even more! My opinion of them was that they were just another cruiser/table mate and I didn't believe they should judge others in any other way.

MSC is on our bucket list, as are pretty much 'most' other lines! The extra's they offer are often like you say immaterial when drinks are all inc and/internet/laundry etc are easily obtained.

The online dating bit is comedy gold - I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but I can see the humour in it ha ha

13 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

I guess the intention was fairly innocent but the facts are plain wrong!

Let me try one last time to explain how I came to suggesting that - 

I have nieces who live in New Zealand who's parents I KNOW have no intention of cruising ..

Lets assume for a minute that my nieces would ( always shown a massive interest and have asked if they could come on the ship when we've docked in Auckland etc ) like to cruise with my wife and I. They have the same surname etc so i would when booking simply have told (hypothetically remember) RCCL that they lived at the same address - for ease of communications and the like!  innocent enough = yeah .... factually  wrong = of course!

That was pretty much how I read and and replied to the OP  

Keep digging. If you want to lie about someones residence for as you call it ease of communications that's on you. Just don't bring them in the DL which this what this thread is about. This is what I took exception from on your original post, "To be sure you don't miss out on the perks of your status and assuming your nephew has the same surname, can you not 'register' him as living with you? ie an 'extra' child ha ha  He'll automatically pick up your status then and be able to join you. For what he'd drink/eat it's nominal I would have thought and you can all stay together as a family unit"!

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Keep digging. If you want to lie about someones residence for as you call it ease of communications that's on you. Just don't bring them in the DL which this what this thread is about. This is what I took exception from on your original post, "To be sure you don't miss out on the perks of your status and assuming your nephew has the same surname, can you not 'register' him as living with you? ie an 'extra' child ha ha  He'll automatically pick up your status then and be able to join you. For what he'd drink/eat it's nominal I would have thought and you can all stay together as a family unit"!

I don't consider it to be 'digging' as such and as you've stated  - this bit  .... 'and you can all stay together as a family unit' was really my only thought on the matter! I don't believe that entitled cruisers shouldn't be able to bring in children or relatives that are travelling with them. That's my belief and I'm happy to accept it's not yours and/or other people on here.

I joined this site many moons ago because I believed at the time it was a font of all knowledge and advice for cruisers, but as I've found over the years it's not all positive/correct advice in some cases as you believe that of mine. But what I will say, there's an element of toxicity to some people and what 'they' believe is right!

Again, I'll leave you to it, Happy Cruising and you have my best wishes all the same

17 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

You're right about other cruise lines etc, when we cruised with Celebrity ( instantly Elite ) the looks and comments were at times terrible from their hardcore cruisers!

Are you saying you got nasty looks and comments because of your elite status match? How would anyone even know? Anyway, I’ve sailed Celebrity twice now and encountered no such thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

I don't consider it to be 'digging' as such and as you've stated  - this bit  .... 'and you can all stay together as a family unit' was really my only thought on the matter! I don't believe that entitled cruisers shouldn't be able to bring in children or relatives that are travelling with them. That's my belief and I'm happy to accept it's not yours and/or other people on here.

I joined this site many moons ago because I believed at the time it was a font of all knowledge and advice for cruisers, but as I've found over the years it's not all positive/correct advice in some cases as you believe that of mine. But what I will say, there's an element of toxicity to some people and what 'they' believe is right!

Again, I'll leave you to it, Happy Cruising and you have my best wishes all the same

What I took offense to was the part you left out this time. "To be sure you don't miss out on the perks of your status and assuming your nephew has the same surname, can you not 'register' him as living with you? ie an 'extra' child ha ha  He'll automatically pick up your status then and be able to join you"...Plenty of places on the ship to eat, drink, laugh and be together as a "family unit".

And when someone post something wrong or incorrect, yes they will be called out on it. I believe CC is a great place to learn and share. But not a place to advocate cheating the system to benefit themselves. Sorry that upsets you but I don't apologize for what I have posted to be true.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blackshirt said:

Are you saying you got nasty looks and comments because of your elite status match? How would anyone even know? Anyway, I’ve sailed Celebrity twice now and encountered no such thing.

Yes!

It's on the seapass card and we asked a few questions with regards to stuff like internet etc at dinner and in company at the bar and that's when people gave more than a few disparaging looks! Maybe the area of cruise and the demographic of people on it ( 17 nighter around NZ & Australia for what it matters ) was the difference! I've never looked up or down for that matter to anyone I've cruised with so I don't believe anyone should do to either of us.

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What I took offense to was the part you left out this time. "To be sure you don't miss out on the perks of your status and assuming your nephew has the same surname, can you not 'register' him as living with you? ie an 'extra' child ha ha  He'll automatically pick up your status then and be able to join you"...Plenty of places on the ship to eat, drink, laugh and be together as a "family unit".

The post was all about them being able to enjoy 'their' benefits AND staying together at the same time!

The child getting temporary or otherwise Diamond status is in my opinion a fairly irrelevant aspect of that when it's already overly abused and taken advantage of in so many ways!

or are you simply saying because THEY chose to take their nephew on a cruise they should forfeit their entitlement to enjoy the lounge? ... 

14 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

It´s not About what someone beliefs or not. YOu can believe all you want. It´s About the rules of the Programm. 

You might think the System is flawed, but that does not entitle you to ignore the rules. Status Transfers to SO´s and Kids under the age of 18 Living under the same address. Your Suggestion was to lie About the Residence to get someone Status s/he does not deserve and that´s what People are rightfully calling you out on.

As your own example Shows you are Right it´s not Always correct advice given on this site. Yours definitely has been wrong - factual wrong and morally wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s not About what someone beliefs or not. YOu can believe all you want. It´s About the rules of the Programm. 

You might think the System is flawed, but that does not entitle you to ignore the rules. Status Transfers to SO´s and Kids under the age of 18 Living under the same address. Your Suggestion was to lie About the Residence to get someone Status s/he does not deserve and that´s what People are rightfully calling you out on.

As your own example Shows you are Right it´s not Always correct advice given on this site. Yours definitely has been wrong - factual wrong and morally wrong.

👇

4 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

The post was all about them being able to enjoy 'their' benefits AND staying together at the same time!

The child getting temporary or otherwise Diamond status is in my opinion a fairly irrelevant aspect of that when it's already overly abused and taken advantage of in so many ways!

or are you simply saying because THEY chose to take their nephew on a cruise they should forfeit their entitlement to enjoy the lounge? ... 

8 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

The answer to enjoy their Benefits and stay together is to use their drink Coupons loaded on theis seapass Cards. 

There is no such Thing as temporary or otherwise getting Diamond Status. What you think About is is Pretty irrelevant, as there´s rules to be followed and your Approach is not within those, irregardless what you think About the rules. If you want to give advice to others you should stick to Facts and not your opinion. It doesn´t matter if others abuse the System in your opinion or not.

Yes I am saying because they Chose to take their nephew they either Need to forfeit their entitlement to enjoy the lounge, or they Need to seperate from their nephew for a short period of time in the evening.

You can argue as much as you want, what you proposed and Keep arguing About is simply wrong and against the rules there is simply no leeway.

Edited by 123funcruiser
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, 123funcruiser said:

Yes I am saying because they Chose to take their nephew they either Need to forfeit their entitlement to enjoy the lounge, or they Need to seperate from their nephew for a short period of time in the evening.

Well that's such a lovely caring attitude to take to a fellow cruiser you know nothing about!

2 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

Well that's such a lovely caring attitude to take to a fellow cruiser you know nothing about!

Of Course it is. Others, as well as me are letting them know what the Facts are and we are saving them from the fake News your are trying to spread based on your own opinion instead of the factual stated rules By the cruiseline. 

We are saving them some potential embarrassment, you are trying to get them into.

I´m not sure what I Need to know About them. They asked a Question they got answers. Some Right some - like yours - wrong.

It´s not been me making the rules, I just let them know About them. 

It would be nice if you had such a caring attitude to tell them the truth, even if it´s not perfectly what they want to achieve, though we don´t even know this, as they didn´t even explain their Needs, they just asked a Question.

1 hour ago, IzznOll17 said:

kind of matches to what I think with regards to - making more money from the space - theory!

shame!

Not really.  

There used to be 2 lounges...DL and CL

Now there are still 2 lounges the DL and the SL and in most cases now the SL is in a much better location than the old CL was

Same  2 lounges, the only thing that’s different is who can use them

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Not really.  

There used to be 2 lounges...DL and CL

Now there are still 2 lounges the DL and the SL and in most cases now the SL is in a much better location than the old CL was

Same  2 lounges, the only thing that’s different is who can use them

Ah my mistake ... I kinda thought that Suite guests had other options - or is that just for dining? ie coastal kitchen?

4 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

Of Course it is. Others, as well as me are letting them know what the Facts are and we are saving them from the fake News your are trying to spread based on your own opinion instead of the factual stated rules By the cruiseline. 

We are saving them some potential embarrassment, you are trying to get them into.

I´m not sure what I Need to know About them. They asked a Question they got answers. Some Right some - like yours - wrong.

It´s not been me making the rules, I just let them know About them. 

It would be nice if you had such a caring attitude to tell them the truth, even if it´s not perfectly what they want to achieve, though we don´t even know this, as they didn´t even explain their Needs, they just asked a Question.

yeah I've no problem with that - I didn't see an issue with a child as I think it's similarly flawed the moment you can marry into a certain status! That's only my personal opinion, it's what I'd do with regards to my nieces - for whatever reason and not particularly to get them in the lounge with us, advice is exactly that - advice - it's 100% upto them whatever they choose to do with it!

BV

6 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

yeah I've no problem with that - I didn't see an issue with a child as I think it's similarly flawed the moment you can marry into a certain status! That's only my personal opinion, it's what I'd do with regards to my nieces - for whatever reason and not particularly to get them in the lounge with us, advice is exactly that - advice - it's 100% upto them whatever they choose to do with it!

BV

To each his/her own. We don´t all share the same Integrity and Moral and most certainly you are entitled to your opinion and I´ve learned Long Long ago that peoples opinions and Actions mostly can´t be changed with Posts on CC. 

To Keep CC a good source of information it´s important to correct Posts like yours with Facts. 

It would have been nice towards the OP, if you had stated your advice as your opinion and being against the rules Right from the beginning and not only after being busted.

44 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

19 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

BV

When you get married and live in the same house, yes you get to have the same benefits. If you split up, that doesn’t carry forward, you no longer live together.

Thats their rules.

BUT to lie to get your nephew into the DL so you can drink is wrong. It’s deceitful!

And it sets a very bad example for the nephew!

They Each have 3 vouchers every night. They can use them on the cruise.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

Yes!

It's on the seapass card and we asked a few questions with regards to stuff like internet etc at dinner and in company at the bar and that's when people gave more than a few disparaging looks! Maybe the area of cruise and the demographic of people on it ( 17 nighter around NZ & Australia for what it matters ) was the difference! I've never looked up or down for that matter to anyone I've cruised with so I don't believe anyone should do to either of us.

We've sailed wth RC many times and Celebrity twice and neither time has anyone looked at us any differently in bars, restaurants or in the Captains Club. Why on earth would it make any difference to the staff?

5 minutes ago, loveheart said:

We've sailed wth RC many times and Celebrity twice and neither time has anyone looked at us any differently in bars, restaurants or in the Captains Club. Why on earth would it make any difference to the staff?

not the staff - other cruisers! 

25 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

It would have been nice towards the OP, if you had stated your advice as your opinion and being against the rules Right from the beginning and not only after being busted.

I did! 

First sentence of the second paragraph implies in no uncertain terms that it's wrong!

(of my initial reply)

Edited by IzznOll17
brackets for clarification

4 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

not the staff - other cruisers! 

Oh right. All the Celebrity cruisers I have spoken to never looked at me in a funny way when I tell them I usually sail with RC,  they seem interested in the differences between the cruise lines and our opinions and in general most of them have sailed on both cruise lines. I have never encountered any snobbery.