Tea and coffee making facilities in Silhouette cabins

NeedPeace

Apologies if this has been asked before.  We have never cruised with Celebrity before., and were looking at online photos of 2B (deck 7 Verandah) cabins as we are going soon.  None of the photos show tea & coffee making facilities, which seems very unusual.  Are there any please?  Surely room service first thing every morning for everyone would be crazy?

Room service on Celebrity does tend to be very efficient. Also many guests have a drinks package meaning they can get premium coffees and teas from cafe el bachio, much better than an in room brew. Hence many guests don’t particularly want in room facilities.

We have asked and received a kettle and tea tray set up on several different ships (but we do cruise in Suites, I don’t know if that makes a difference) so ask your room attendant. 

10 minutes ago, mangoSalsa said:

Hi, 

I am just wondering if teabags  are also supplied with the kettle.    And  is it  safe/ok to fill the kettle with water  from the tap  in the bathroom?

Thanks

A selection of tea bags and coffee sachets are usually provided. Also expect sugar and milk sachets. Water in cabin is drinkable.

You can get additional tea bags from cafe. You can bring your own if you want to be sure that you get a brew that you like.

• Like 1

Getting a kettle has been very inconsistent, even on ships that I know have been to Europe.  Some manage to find one and some do not.  I always cruise in a Sunset Veranda and if not able to get a kettle, I just throw on a hat and head down to Cafe al Bacio or up to the buffet and fill up my Contigo cup and head back to the cabin to get showered, etc.

Does seem rather silly that suites have kettles and they can't manage to find one for the few passengers that request them.

6 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

Getting a kettle has been very inconsistent, even on ships that I know have been to Europe.  Some manage to find one and some do not.  I always cruise in a Sunset Veranda and if not able to get a kettle, I just throw on a hat and head down to Cafe al Bacio or up to the buffet and fill up my Contigo cup and head back to the cabin to get showered, etc.

Does seem rather silly that suites have kettles and they can't manage to find one for the few passengers that request them.

That may be embarkation port specific, also.  Never have had a kettle in a suite on Celebrity.

Have had them in sailings from Southampton in all categories, though.

Edited by ECCruise

I've sailed on the Silhouette five times from Southampton in a variety of cabin classes and every time we've had a kettle (plus tea bags, coffee sachets etc) in the room. The Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 has half-pint cartons of milk at breakfast, I usually take one of those back to the room and keep it in the minibar fridge - it usually lasts 1-2 days (aways prefer fresh milk in tea rather than those UHT cartons). The stateroom attendant will empty the minibar on request if you'd rather keep the fridge free for milk, water, sodas etc.

If you're on deck 7 there is also a tea & coffee station in the Hideaway (midship, near the elevators) where you can get self-service tea and coffee with real milk.