Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

More on my guy

In addition to the Navy Cross he was awarded the Distinguished flying cross and six air medals. 

He moved on to flying jets with the F-9 Panther.  

In 1963 He commanded USS independence 

Retired as a rear admiral in 1975

Passed away in 2012

6F58BFA2-0076-4981-BD6E-57840F3F1A20.jpeg

Welcome to Lee Circle..or Leeless Circle. The statue of Robert E. Lee that once stood on that pedestal was a casualty of the war on confederate monuments a couple years ago. A total of four statues were removed from around New Orleans.

529B7C07-CC6B-4928-996B-320FE65476B3.jpeg

This is a recent development. This was the Hotel Modern. Now it’s a Holiday Inn Express. I’m very excited about that.  Hotel Modern has always had sketchy reviews. It’s changed ownership a couple of times and the ratings really haven’t improved. I’ve stayed at three holiday inn properties around here and they’ve all been great. I’ve also heard nothing but good things about the Holiday Inns in Metairie and on the West Bank. So I’m expecting this to be another good hotel. 

3F3C5452-0E50-4B0F-9F36-D69A87512439.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

F32AB8F1-196A-4FE4-B95A-48C9B3018DA0.jpeg

53D548FE-27AA-4C80-9A00-B21501ED24FE.jpeg

1D42082A-9E10-4D09-8CE4-AF93E47B4C3C.jpeg

That's a cool looking bar, Greg.  I'm surprised it's so empty.  How's the HGI?  I am looking to book it for our 1/2021 pre-Glory cruise.  The rooms look pretty clean.  We usually stay at the Place d'Armes in the French Qtr, but since we're flying in we may stay a couple nights pre and post cruise and utilize both hotels.

25 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

That's a cool looking bar, Greg.  I'm surprised it's so empty.  How's the HGI?  I am looking to book it for our 1/2021 pre-Glory cruise.  The rooms look pretty clean.  We usually stay at the Place d'Armes in the French Qtr, but since we're flying in we may stay a couple nights pre and post cruise and utilize both hotels.

HGI looks good.