Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

It's amazing how easy the packing gets after you've done this 10 times. I have a notepad document on my phone that has my packing list. I used to put an x by the item after I had it. Then I'd put a y next to it after it was in the suitcase. This time my first look at the list was this morning. I just skimmed through it....I'm good.

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It's amazing how easy the packing gets after you've done this 10 times. I have a notepad document on my phone that has my packing list. I used to put an x by the item after I had it. Then I'd put a y next to it after it was in the suitcase. This time my first look at the list was this morning. I just skimmed through it....I'm good.

Agreed, I have gotten to the point that I wash my "cruise stuff" and repack. It sits in the laundry room patiently waiting.

• Like 1

I stopped by the post office this morning to fill out a mail hold card. I did it online a week ago but I'm trying to be double safe on it because my mail carrier is an idiot. I put a mail hold on about 3-5 times a year. I would say they may get it right once a year.

I have had times where they don't hold it all. So I started putting a copy of the mail hold confirmation in the mail box...folded up so when he opens the box it's staring at him like a stinking popup book. One time I did that and he just piled mail on top of the mail hold confirmation. Sometimes they hold some of it. Sometimes they hold none of it. One time they held it and at the end of my mail hold period I got a bundle of someone else's mail. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After reviewing the MDR menus I decided to make a steakhouse reservation for the first night. You get a free bottle of wine that night but since I have cheers the first night out of New Orleans, I don't care about that. I'll try to give it to another table if that's possible.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, Jamman54 said:

Hey Greg! We just boarded the Ecstasy and I'm sitting at the Red Frog  Rum Bar reading this. Have a great cruise. Will  be following along closely as we are doing a B2B on the Glory in April. 😀

I will be hoping to read your review, Jamman54! Love your reviews!

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I stopped by the post office this morning to fill out a mail hold card. I did it online a week ago but I'm trying to be double safe on it because my mail carrier is an idiot. I put a mail hold on about 3-5 times a year. I would say they may get it right once a year.

I have had times where they don't hold it all. So I started putting a copy of the mail hold confirmation in the mail box...folded up so when he opens the box it's staring at him like a stinking popup book. One time I did that and he just piled mail on top of the mail hold confirmation. Sometimes they hold some of it. Sometimes they hold none of it. One time they held it and at the end of my mail hold period I got a bundle of someone else's mail. It's ridiculous. 

I have had the same problem with USPS. Now I get a neighbor I trust to pick up the mail. Most of it is junk anyway.

I'm trying to figure out how to work pictures this time. A year ago when CC was on tapatalk I used tapatalk exclusively. Since CC switched to their own photos, I've used CC for my cruise photos but I've still been using tapatalk to host the non-cruise photos in my review.  Well now tapatalk has maybe figured out people are using them to host non-tapatalk pictures and they've changed it to where they don't give you the link to the pictures. It just puts an attachment ID in the post. So I'm trying to find a place to put my non-cruise photos. Everything I've tried so far CC won't embed using the URL. I've tried Google Photos,  iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Flickr, Instagram. I'm open to suggestions at this point.

I mean if I take a picture of a fat leprechaun in a cape..That's not something that needs to be in the CC album but it absolutely needs to be in my review thread.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm trying to figure out how to work pictures this time. A year ago when CC was on tapatalk I used tapatalk exclusively. Since CC switched to their own photos, I've used CC for my cruise photos but I've still been using tapatalk to host the non-cruise photos in my review.  Well now tapatalk has maybe figured out people are using them to host non-tapatalk pictures and they've changed it to where they don't give you the link to the pictures. It just puts an attachment ID in the post. So I'm trying to find a place to put my non-cruise photos. Everything I've tried so far CC won't embed using the URL. I've tried Google Photos,  iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Flickr, Instagram. I'm open to suggestions at this point.

I mean if I take a picture of a fat leprechaun in a cape..That's not something that needs to be in the CC album but it absolutely needs to be in my review thread.

Last review I did I just uploaded pictures directly. 

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Maybe you should just put duct tape over it, like on the ship...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I plan on doing the same for our upcoming cruises. I have had a neighbor grab my mail in the past, but since it will be winter, and most likely nobody will shovel the snow from sidewalks while we are gone (my hubby clears the sidewalks to the corner), I hate for my elderly neighbor to trudge through the snow to gather my mail. Let’s hope we don’t have the same issues.

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Maybe you should just put duct tape over it, like on the ship...

If it's like my apartment building mailboxes, the mail person has a master key that opens the entire length of boxes, and they put the mail in from the top.  Duct tape would tape the front door of the box closed, but wouldn't do anything to stop mail from going into the box.

39 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

Sailed on the Magic in May and didn't have any straw issues.  Has something changed?  Going on the Vista in December and Miracle in January and I don't want straw problems.  I like goose and sprite zero and a short little straw to twirl my ice.  Please  advise......

You are going to have to bring your own.

48 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

Sailed on the Magic in May and didn't have any straw issues.  Has something changed?  Going on the Vista in December and Miracle in January and I don't want straw problems.  I like goose and sprite zero and a short little straw to twirl my ice.  Please  advise......

I believe they went to sugar straws for frozen drinks and either paper or no straws for everything else. We’ll see on Sunday but I’m bringing my own.

Damn....when my husband finds straws in my luggage he is going to think I've went nuts.  This makes me wonder....door decorations, matching family t-shirts,....straw contest??  That's it...I'm starting to shop for the cutest straws I can find to bring along and I will tell you all that I have seen plenty of cute straws.

• Like 2