Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

As I mentioned in the intro, I’ve been here once before about five years ago. I didn’t spend enough time here. I was rushing through before they closed. Plus they’ve added a new building since I was last here. 

This is one of the top museums in the country. I argue that it’s cheaper and better than many of the excursions you will take on your cruise. I think everyone should plan a cruise out of New Orleans. Get a great price on one of these convention center hotels right by Fulton parking garage. Park at Fulton. Visit the WWII museum the day before your cruise. Use the included Fulton shuttle to and from the terminal. 

As for the extras at the museum...I did watch the movie “Beyond All Boundries” narrated by Tom Hanks. It was excellent. I did do the submarine experience. It was less than excellent. I recommend “Beyond Borders.” I don’t recommend the submarine unless you have a kid that really wants to do it.

The way this works is you scan your card at various stations and follow a WWII service member throughout the war. You have an option to pick a specific person or take one at random. I took one at random.

Time to get on the train.

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Good morning.

I think I may have killed Mr. Coffee.

At first I tried to make coffee without water...And apparently he doesn’t like having water poured in after he’s been turned on. There was a loud noise and smoke...Now Mr. Coffee just leaks all over the place.

Poor Mr. Coffee.  Last week Mr. Black and Mr. Decker just up and decided to quit on me.  Woke up expecting hot coffee ready to drink, and nothing!  Warming plate was warm, water in the coffee maker was cold, coffee was still dry in the basket.  But it was on, according to the little green light, LOL!

That museum looks interesting.  I've always wanted to visit New Orleans, so maybe one day I'll cruise from there.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, Saint Greg said:

I have had times where they don't hold it all. So I started putting a copy of the mail hold confirmation in the mail box...folded up so when he opens the box it's staring at him like a stinking popup book. One time I did that and he just piled mail on top of the mail hold confirmation. Sometimes they hold some of it. Sometimes they hold none of it. One time they held it and at the end of my mail hold period I got a bundle of someone else's mail. It's ridiculous. 

Hmmm, it sounds like we have the same mail carrier.  They either teleport or are clones....

Continuing to follow my guy. I missed one and had to backtrack.

At this point he’s still waiting at Pearl Harbor for assignment. He uses connections to get on the USS Enterprise before it leaves for Midway. The job is as an air officer not a pilot. He wants to fly. Finally he gets assigned to the 10th bomb squadron.

F01CBC61-62D8-4615-94F6-A5181DBC476B.jpeg