Passport required!

JF - retired RRT

52 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Awful waste of money?  Nope - at least not for for us because we plan on leaving the US from time to time.   At less than $200 to receive a government-issued document good for 10 years that validates identity, citizenship, it's worth coughing up less than $20/year for this little jewel. 

I was referring to the poster that claims no passport is needed to fly back into the US.  He apparently used a passport in Toronto in order to fly home.  I guess his advice that no passport is needed didn't even convince him before he went to Toronto.

Not only is getting a passport not a waste of money, it's worth its weight in gold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Not only is getting a passport not a waste of money, it's worth its weight in gold.

Passport is great to have. I've travelled with one my entire life. But I'll take the gold, thank you very much. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Why did you bother to bring a passport if you don't need one?  Seems as if the cost of the passport would be an awful waste of money if you didn't need one.

Because I travel more than just closed loop cruises from the West Coast. My last trip to Canada wasn't a cruise.

I am taking a closed loop Hawaii cruise in Feb and only using my drivers license.