NCL Passport Deal

fiftyguy

4 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

What were the bullet points? 

Have you travelled before with NCL when a passport book was mandatory? 

Yes, I’ve traveled with a passport. This was an email, from NCL, suggesting I use a third party to get me a quick passport renewal or new one if I’d never had one. The company was called Visa Central. I haven’t rec’d this in the past and was wondering if it was a new arrangement NCL has with this company. No big deal just surprised.

2 minutes ago, cruisinsc1 said:

When are you traveling? Is your passport expiring soon? Is it up for renewal?

No, I’m current with my passport. This was an unsolicited email from NCL. I travel in September to Canada.

24 minutes ago, fiftyguy said:

Yes, I’ve traveled with a passport. This was an email, from NCL, suggesting I use a third party to get me a quick passport renewal or new one if I’d never had one. The company was called Visa Central. I haven’t rec’d this in the past and was wondering if it was a new arrangement NCL has with this company. No big deal just surprised.

There's a difference between travelling with a passport and travelling when a passport is mandatory....... which is why I asked that specifically. 

If your cruise requires a passport or visa, it is not uncommon for a cruise line to send solicitation from a partner or agent that they do business with to assist you. It is sent regardless if you have a current one etc. 

Just now, esm54687 said:

There's a difference between travelling with a passport and travelling when a passport is mandatory....... which is why I asked that specifically. 

If your cruise requires a passport or visa, it is not uncommon for a cruise line to send solicitation from a partner or agent that they do business with to assist you. It is sent regardless if you have a current one etc. 

Thank you. As I said no big deal just curious about the partnership.

Usually a third party charges a fee for something you could do for yourself.  I’ve had to use them for business travel occasionally when I needed a visa, but for a normal US passport renewal, no way!  I did it entirely by mail and allowed plenty of time to get it done.

59 minutes ago, fiftyguy said:

Doubt seriously that it came from NCL, clearly it is spam. Ignore it.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Doubt seriously that it came from NCL, clearly it is spam. Ignore it.

So,,, it is an official NCL email. And addresses if you need a VISA for any ports of call. A copy of a recent email is below. 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. We are thrilled you've chosen to sail with us and can't wait to welcome you aboard.

As your ship will be calling to a Canadian port, we have important visa and passport requirements for your sailing. US citizens may sail with either a valid passport or original proof of US citizenship. Non-US citizens must present their passport and applicable visas. Due to strict Canadian entry requirements, citizens from certain countries require a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in order to sail.

For your convenience, we are pleased to offer the service of VisaCentral, the fast and easy way to obtain a visa, passport and other documents for travel anywhere in the world. As a reminder it is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain the necessary visas for this itinerary. Please visit
http://www.visacentral.com/ncl for information or http://www.cic.gc.ca to check if your nationality requires a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

Failure to have the required visas may result in denial of boarding for your cruise, and we will be unable to extend any refund of your cruise fare.

For more information on Norwegian's documentation requirements, please visit
www.ncl.com/traveldocs.

Again, thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart
Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, it is an official NCL email. And addresses if you need a VISA for any ports of call. A copy of a recent email is below. 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. We are thrilled you've chosen to sail with us and can't wait to welcome you aboard.

As your ship will be calling to a Canadian port, we have important visa and passport requirements for your sailing. US citizens may sail with either a valid passport or original proof of US citizenship. Non-US citizens must present their passport and applicable visas. Due to strict Canadian entry requirements, citizens from certain countries require a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in order to sail.

For your convenience, we are pleased to offer the service of VisaCentral, the fast and easy way to obtain a visa, passport and other documents for travel anywhere in the world. As a reminder it is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain the necessary visas for this itinerary. Please visit
http://www.visacentral.com/ncl for information or http://www.cic.gc.ca to check if your nationality requires a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

Failure to have the required visas may result in denial of boarding for your cruise, and we will be unable to extend any refund of your cruise fare.

For more information on Norwegian's documentation requirements, please visit
www.ncl.com/traveldocs.

Again, thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart
Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

These travel companies are legitimate companies that charge you hundreds of dollars for what you can do yourself for the price of postage plus the price of the passport or visa . For example, they will charge you for a form DS-82 (passport renewal form) that you can download for free or pick up at your local post office or library. The only official government travel site is www.travel.state.gov   You'll find all of the information you need about passports and visa requirements there. Other sites will look official with Flags and eagles and even the Department of State seal but your throwing your money away.

Edited by Waverunner1
Additional info