Allstate Rewards 10% off gift cards

I venture over to the Carnival boards to see if any new gift cards have come out. This morning Allstate has the Princess Gift Cards in $100 or $500 denominations. Nice deal, no expiration date. For all questions, go to Carnival board and look at Allstate thread. I got $1000 for $901.80. Little shipping thrown in.

Aloha

21 hours ago, franktown said:

This is a Allstate insurance not a AARP offer.  It is part of their Allstate rewards program.  I do not know the requirements to join.  

My apologies franktown. While searching for info on the Allstate offer I came across a posting on the Carnival board that AARP was also offering them and my thought process had not reverted back to Allstate when I made that posting. Sorry, please ignore.

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks for posting the tips about Allstate offers;  I logged into my Allstate account and was surprised at how many points I have in my account.. I never knew about this

You get points and possibly cash back from having their Safe Driving app ( I hate those irritating commercials). I go to the Carnival Board and scoop up all the promo codes that get posted there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, I'm just bored and roaming around the forums. I wandered over here from the Carnival forum. Saw this and thought I'd fill you guys in on these discounted Carnival gift cards. I apologize for this post being so long, but it's a long explanation.

Let's start with Allstate, since that's the topic of this thread. Their program is called Allstate Rewards and you do not have to be an Allstate customer to join this program. If you are, I'm assuming you just login to Allstate Rewards through your regular Allstate account. However, if you're not a customer (I am not), it's a bit trickier. Non-customers have to join Allstate Rewards through their Allstate smartphone app. Download the app and click on create an account. If you're not a customer, make sure you then choose the option "Drivewise only (No Allstate policy)." Then just enter your information to create your account. Drivewise is their service that tracks your driving and can award you points for good driving by doing things like keeping it under a certain speed and avoid hard braking. When you first set it up, you have to let the app track you through GPS. You can leave tracking on if you want to continue to earn points that way, but you don't have to. Me, I created my account a few years ago and don't even mess with the app.

In addition to earning points if you let Drivewise track you, you'll also receive emails with promotional codes in them. These codes are worth at least 1,000 points, sometimes 2,000 or 3,000. You use these points to get the 10% discount on the Carnival gift cards. You can do this through the app itself, or if you'd rather use a web browser, just go to: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145. They sell $100 and $500 Carnival cards. For 1,000 points, you get a $100 gift card for $90. For 5,000 points, you get a $500 gift card for $450.

Carnival gift cards can be used for just about everything Carnival. You can pay off the balance on your cruise, buy Cheers, an internet plan, excursions, things from the online Fun Shops, or take them on board with you and add them to your Sail & Sign account. So essentially, everything you buy with them gets you 10% off. For example, we currently have two cruises booked and used these gift cards to pay off both cruises. Just on the cruise fares alone, we'll save about $450 total for both using these cards. That doesn't count additional savings on things like internet or other things we'll buy beforehand and taking some on board.

If you joint Allstate Rewards, you'll get a lot of points just for joining and for the first time going to the rewards site I linked to above. I also highly recommend going to the Allstate thread over on the Carnival forum and using the promo codes that are shared there. You can actually go through that entire thread and try all of the codes that have been posted. It will be a long & tedious process, but it'll be worth it. Some of those codes have expired, but many of them are still good and are worth tens of thousands of points. You can check out the thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/. If you want to gather codes, you can start at the end of the thread for the newest codes that are more likely to be good, then work your way to the beginning of the thread.

Right now they only sell physical gift cards. Once upon a time, they sold e-cards that came in your email. Very convenient, fast, and no shipping charge. But they stopped selling those some time ago and haven't sold them since. So we're stuck with being shipped the physical cards and paying $1.18 per card for shipping. If you order under $500 worth of gift cards in one order, they'll be shipped via USPS and do not require a signature. If you order $500 or more in one order, they'll be shipped UPS and do require a signature. They do not send tracking information. If you order $500 or more to get them shipped UPS, I recommend creating a UPS MyChoice account. It's free and can  be accessed on a computer or download the UPS app. Any orders (not just these gift cards) that are scheduled to come to your chosen address will show up in your MyChoice account with estimated delivery dates, a delivery window, and tracking info. You can also do things like re-route the shipment to a UPS Store or have it sent to another address (for a fee). You can also authorize the package to be delivered without a signature, but when we're talking about $500 or more worth of Carnival gift cards, I would recommend physically signing for it just to be safe.

As for AARP, they have a program that's exactly the same. In fact, the same third-party company runs both the Allstate and AARP Rewards programs. But in the case of AARP, they care currently in the midst of revamping their rewards program. It was formerly known as Rewards for Good, but will now be known as AARP Rewards. The new program won't start until September 24th. I don't know if they're allowing new accounts to be created until the new program starts, but current members can't earn any points right now and will lose all of our points when the new program begins. So current members have been scrambling to use up all their points in the last couple months.

You do not have to be a member of AARP to join the rewards program. You just create a free account, just like with Allstate. With AARP, you earn points by taking very short, easy quizzes on their rewards website. Since it's AARP, these quizzes often pertain to life, finances, health, etc. Their usually maybe 10 questions, give or take, and even if you don't get them right, you still get points. If you are a member of AARP, you get more points per quiz. Then, just like with Allstate, you use those points to buy the 10% off Carnival cards. None of us know for sure if they'll still sell Carnival cards when the new program begins, but I'm hoping they continue. There are several AARP threads that have been created in the Carnival forum. There used to be somewhat of an "official" AARP thread in there, but it hasn't been used in a long time. Since then, multiple people have created multiple threads about it, so it's kind of spread out. If you'd like more info, just do a Carnival forum search. Since I'm not sure if they're allowing new accounts to be created right now, I won't link to the website. You can google AARP Rewards for Good if you'd like to have a look.

Hope some of you find this helpful.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I bought 2 of the $500 ones for my kids for Christmas to help pay for their cruise (Allstate)...$450 each plus a little shipping! Going to pay for the rest of my cruise using them too...$1700 cruise I will save $170 to put towards other things!

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the Allstate gift cards for my next two cruises (thanks Gramma for having Allstate and a ton of points lol).

Saved $50 on our upcoming weekend Carnival Cruise, plus we purchased $300 in cards for onboard things to save an additional $30.

Saved $300 on our upcoming Princess Alaska cruise through gift cards. Will probably buy some more to cover shore excursions. The only bummer about Princess is they won't let you pay for the in-room balcony dinners with gift cards on the website. And I hate waiting on hold to speak with someone to ask if I can do it by phone. Oh well. 

I also like buying the $100 gift cards like once a month... then when the cruise comes around you can apply them to your onboard account and it's like you've prepaid for everything onboard. Nice budgeting tool.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Hey y'all, I'm just bored and roaming around the forums. I wandered over here from the Carnival forum. Saw this and thought I'd fill you guys in on these discounted Carnival gift cards. I apologize for this post being so long, but it's a long explanation.

Let's start with Allstate, since that's the topic of this thread. Their program is called Allstate Rewards and you do not have to be an Allstate customer to join this program. If you are, I'm assuming you just login to Allstate Rewards through your regular Allstate account. However, if you're not a customer (I am not), it's a bit trickier. Non-customers have to join Allstate Rewards through their Allstate smartphone app. Download the app and click on create an account. If you're not a customer, make sure you then choose the option "Drivewise only (No Allstate policy)." Then just enter your information to create your account. Drivewise is their service that tracks your driving and can award you points for good driving by doing things like keeping it under a certain speed and avoid hard braking. When you first set it up, you have to let the app track you through GPS. You can leave tracking on if you want to continue to earn points that way, but you don't have to. Me, I created my account a few years ago and don't even mess with the app.

In addition to earning points if you let Drivewise track you, you'll also receive emails with promotional codes in them. These codes are worth at least 1,000 points, sometimes 2,000 or 3,000. You use these points to get the 10% discount on the Carnival gift cards. You can do this through the app itself, or if you'd rather use a web browser, just go to: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145. They sell $100 and $500 Carnival cards. For 1,000 points, you get a $100 gift card for $90. For 5,000 points, you get a $500 gift card for $450.

Carnival gift cards can be used for just about everything Carnival. You can pay off the balance on your cruise, buy Cheers, an internet plan, excursions, things from the online Fun Shops, or take them on board with you and add them to your Sail & Sign account. So essentially, everything you buy with them gets you 10% off. For example, we currently have two cruises booked and used these gift cards to pay off both cruises. Just on the cruise fares alone, we'll save about $450 total for both using these cards. That doesn't count additional savings on things like internet or other things we'll buy beforehand and taking some on board.

If you joint Allstate Rewards, you'll get a lot of points just for joining and for the first time going to the rewards site I linked to above. I also highly recommend going to the Allstate thread over on the Carnival forum and using the promo codes that are shared there. You can actually go through that entire thread and try all of the codes that have been posted. It will be a long & tedious process, but it'll be worth it. Some of those codes have expired, but many of them are still good and are worth tens of thousands of points. You can check out the thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/. If you want to gather codes, you can start at the end of the thread for the newest codes that are more likely to be good, then work your way to the beginning of the thread.

Right now they only sell physical gift cards. Once upon a time, they sold e-cards that came in your email. Very convenient, fast, and no shipping charge. But they stopped selling those some time ago and haven't sold them since. So we're stuck with being shipped the physical cards and paying $1.18 per card for shipping. If you order under $500 worth of gift cards in one order, they'll be shipped via USPS and do not require a signature. If you order $500 or more in one order, they'll be shipped UPS and do require a signature. They do not send tracking information. If you order $500 or more to get them shipped UPS, I recommend creating a UPS MyChoice account. It's free and can  be accessed on a computer or download the UPS app. Any orders (not just these gift cards) that are scheduled to come to your chosen address will show up in your MyChoice account with estimated delivery dates, a delivery window, and tracking info. You can also do things like re-route the shipment to a UPS Store or have it sent to another address (for a fee). You can also authorize the package to be delivered without a signature, but when we're talking about $500 or more worth of Carnival gift cards, I would recommend physically signing for it just to be safe.

As for AARP, they have a program that's exactly the same. In fact, the same third-party company runs both the Allstate and AARP Rewards programs. But in the case of AARP, they care currently in the midst of revamping their rewards program. It was formerly known as Rewards for Good, but will now be known as AARP Rewards. The new program won't start until September 24th. I don't know if they're allowing new accounts to be created until the new program starts, but current members can't earn any points right now and will lose all of our points when the new program begins. So current members have been scrambling to use up all their points in the last couple months.

You do not have to be a member of AARP to join the rewards program. You just create a free account, just like with Allstate. With AARP, you earn points by taking very short, easy quizzes on their rewards website. Since it's AARP, these quizzes often pertain to life, finances, health, etc. Their usually maybe 10 questions, give or take, and even if you don't get them right, you still get points. If you are a member of AARP, you get more points per quiz. Then, just like with Allstate, you use those points to buy the 10% off Carnival cards. None of us know for sure if they'll still sell Carnival cards when the new program begins, but I'm hoping they continue. There are several AARP threads that have been created in the Carnival forum. There used to be somewhat of an "official" AARP thread in there, but it hasn't been used in a long time. Since then, multiple people have created multiple threads about it, so it's kind of spread out. If you'd like more info, just do a Carnival forum search. Since I'm not sure if they're allowing new accounts to be created right now, I won't link to the website. You can google AARP Rewards for Good if you'd like to have a look.

No thanks, I have no desire to let big brother track my every move and tell me how I'm driving... I've been driving since 1992 and I don't need someone watching over my shoulder...

Go watch "America's Book of Secrets", Season 3 is currently on Hulu, you might think twice about letting apps track your movements...

15 hours ago, jsfoster75 said:

No thanks, I have no desire to let big brother track my every move and tell me how I'm driving... I've been driving since 1992 and I don't need someone watching over my shoulder...

Go watch "America's Book of Secrets", Season 3 is currently on Hulu, you might think twice about letting apps track your movements...

You don't have to allow the app to track your driving to benefit from Allstate Rewards. I mentioned in my post that I don't even use the app. I uninstalled it from my phone. Without Drivewise tracking, you can earn points through promo codes sent by email. Codes are worth a minimum of 1,000 points, but they often send codes that are worth 2,000. During the current cruise shutdown, they've issued codes worth 15,000 points on a couple of occasions, plus others.

We save hundreds of dollars on our cruises using these cards. For our last cruise this past March, we saved over $350 on the cruise fare alone. With other purchases, like excursions, internet plans, etc., we probably saved over $500.

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Yehootu said:

I venture over to the Carnival boards to see if any new gift cards have come out. This morning Allstate has the Princess Gift Cards in $100 or $500 denominations. Nice deal, no expiration date. For all questions, go to Carnival board and look at Allstate thread. I got $1000 for $901.80. Little shipping thrown in.

Aloha

Hello yehootu, I just purchased a $1000 gift card through all state and it’s said it’s being shipped to me. Do you know how long it takes to get it mailed to you?

On 9/3/2019 at 10:45 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I just purchased a $1000 gift card through all state and it’s said it’s being shipped to me. Do you know how long it takes to get it mailed to you?  My cruise leaves next Sunday  I have 7 days before my cruise leaves please help me 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, Jason_schrank said:

I just purchased a $1000 gift card through all state and it’s said it’s being shipped to me. Do you know how long it takes to get it mailed to you?  My cruise leaves next Sunday  I have 7 days before my cruise leaves please help me 

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Haven't logged on for a while. On average, I'd get them within 7 days or less. Have you gotten yours yet?

When you order $500 or more, they come UPS. Log on to your account and see if there's a tracking number on your order. If not, call the Allstate Rewards customer service (1-800-642-2609) and they should be able to give you a tracking number. I hope you got it, but if not, there isn't anything you can do. You'll have the gift card for a future cruise. They don't expire. It's best to give yourself more than a week the next time you order any.

They don't have them in stock right now, but they've been selling e-gift cards on occasion. They come via email (card number & PIN) and usually arrive within 5 minutes of ordering.