Gee I hope I like Royal Caribbean

Those who know will be aware that we try to do a short Tas cruise each December.

Well didn’t have one for next year. Princess didn’t have anything so booked RCCL, am I mad for now having four booked with them, before I’ve tried them?

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Those who know will be aware that we try to do a short Tas cruise each December.

Well didn’t have one for next year. Princess didn’t have anything so booked RCCL, am I mad for now having four booked with them, before I’ve tried them?

At least you know your  check in will be first class......yep I know.. before you say it.....I will get Jo to handle it. 😁

What are the other two? Serenade & Radiance....and ???

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Gutty baby we are booked on the serenade of the sea to tassie 12 December .

Is that the cruise?

We are  a group with 3 grand suites and maybe with a crisp $100 bill to the concierge we can get you to tag along 

Edited by Chiliburn

16 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

At least you know your  check in will be first class......yep I know.. before you say it.....I will get Jo to handle it. 😁

I have always got top service even if it hasn't been by our two resident cc members there at check-in.

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Serenade again.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Gutty baby we are booked on the serenade of the sea to tassie 12 December .

Is that the cruise?

We are  a group with 3 grand suites and maybe with a crisp $100 bill to the concierge we can get you to tag along 

That’s the one, but just a common old accessible balcony for us.

I was surprised that it went to Port Arthur, past experience was that only those under the Carnival Umberella actually stop there. (I did start a Roll Call even if no m@m).

in recent years our Dec Tassie tip has been...

2014 Celebrity Century

2015 had a break because we did a circumnavigation of Aus in Oct/Nov

2016 ??? (I Can’t recall, but Migh have been a Pacific Jewel that year)

2017 Emerald Princess

2018 Norwegian Jewel

2019 Majestic Princess

2020 This one on Serenade

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

But Mr Gut, you will not 'Come Back New.'  ala Princess.   And don't fall off the rock climbing wall or the giant waterslide. 🤣

Bet I still “Come back Fat” (tm).

I believe it’s the first time for RC to visit Port Arthur.

Never been there before ,one of the reasons I booked it.

Cruise planner has a shore excursion in port Arthur for $108 for 1.5 hours a bit expensive.

Also they have the KEY  ,New to Australia.

Something that may interest you is the ultimate dining package for $171 ,That is for lunch and dinner in the specialty restaurants.B562EC9B-1F30-466A-BA22-38B2F3B549AF.thumb.png.f5f80edf2d2a9557bf22df91ef1d21f7.png

Edited by Chiliburn

The package only covers lunch on the sea days, but dinner every night. I thought it was wonderful and great value for doing specialty restaurants for the whole cruise, however the MDR food is still very good and as such the package may not be value for some.

30 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Cruise planner has a shore excursion in port Arthur for $108 for 1.5 hours a bit expensive.

Would be interested to get your opinion on "The Key" and how much they charge for it  (is it still  US $25 per day /per person.) It was available (trialed) last season  in Sydney but not sure if it was good value for money  I guess the free Wi Fi  would be  ok if you were going to purchase it anyway although not sure how much a  WiFi  package is a day.

I noticed on RCCLs website they say that priority check in is not available in Australian ports but  they did it here last season and I am pretty sure we are getting new signage for check in with "The Key " on them.

47 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Something that may interest you is the ultimate dining package for $171 ,That is for lunch and dinner in the specialty restaurants.B562EC9B-1F30-466A-BA22-38B2F3B549AF.thumb.png.f5f80edf2d2a9557bf22df91ef1d21f7.png

Thanks for that tip, we haven’t sailed RCCL yet, but now got a few lined up, first one is in January, my sis sails with them a lot and daughter going on Ovation in Oct.

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Now I don’t know how Royal will do it, but I can’t see it being any different, they will Anchor in the harbour (just off the Isle of the Dead) and tender you in to the wharf, right near the Cafe where Martin Bryant started his attack) then there are free tours of the Historic site, with guides right at the wharf, the only extra being if you want to do the ferry trip out to the Isle of the Dead (the cemetery for the prison) and Point Puer (the children’s convict part) in my honest opinion they are a not miss option.

Of course there are other tours that go “off site” to the old mine and lavender farm etc, but in my humble opinion Port Arthur itself is a full day if you haven’t been before.

46 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As a Suite guest don't you get specialty dining for a few nights night anyway?

Not on the older ships .The suites are cheaper per night on the older ships but don’t have specialty dining,booze packages and internet.

That cruise we paid $1550 each ( no onboard credit) .Theres free booze and coffee machine in the lounges, a private number to the kitchen and they will make just about anything and bring it to your cabin for free .Also a couple of private functions with the captain and his staff .which has fantastic food.

Basically first class .

When you add the extras it’s good value.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I can’t see a Port Arthur tour, only a stroll of Hobart for $108, seems a bit steep, Hobart is pretty easy to do an historic walk on your own.

Sorry you’re right .

I did see something somewhere about that price.

But as you said just catch the tender and wing it.

30 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks for that tip, we haven’t sailed RCCL yet, but now got a few lined up, first one is in January, my sis sails with them a lot and daughter going on Ovation in Oct.

So with the cruise planner prices constantly fluctuate.

If you see something your interested in book it and pay for it. If the price drops just cancel it and rebook under the new price.

No questions asked and your credit card is refunded the balance.

The transactions used to done out of Miami and there used to have international transaction fees.But now they are done here out of Sydney and no fees.

46 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Would be interested to get your opinion on "The Key" and how much they charge for it  (is it still  US $25 per day /per person.) It was available (trialed) last season  in Sydney but not sure if it was good value for money  I guess the free Wi Fi  would be  ok if you were going to purchase it anyway although not sure how much a  WiFi  package is a day.

I noticed on RCCLs website they say that priority check in is not available in Australian ports but  they did it here last season and I am pretty sure we are getting new signage for check in with "The Key " on them.

For me graham it’s not worth it.

I think if you wanted the private flow rider and rock climbing it would be .

we have the ovation booked for 22 feb and the KEY is available.We have a junior suite on that cruise.

With a suite you get most of that anyway.B275D689-F19F-4EE3-9521-0FDC1ED6D1A2.thumb.png.6f1c5df17e8c5663418b2b7ea821bbc5.png