Tropical Storm Dorian

MRSG29

Posted yesterday in CC's Hurricane Zone forum:

"

Already have at least one itinerary change. Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow out of Fort Lauderdale, originally scheduled as an Eastern Caribbean cruise, is now a Western Caribbean cruise with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. "

It's a good thread to look at fairly often.

Edited by Joe817

25 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

You have no way to know this for certain.  The cruise MAY change its itinerary, but that would be up to the captain I believe.

You are absolutely correct. I should have said they *may* change course. Thank you for the correction.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Posted yesterday in CC's Hurricane Zone forum:

"

Already have at least one itinerary change. Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow out of Fort Lauderdale, originally scheduled as an Eastern Caribbean cruise, is now a Western Caribbean cruise with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. "

It's a good thread to look at fairly often.

The ship left today and the itinerary did change to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. We are sailing on Allure Sunday Sep 1st. The same ports. I am wondering if the cruise itself will be cancelled. If the storm does not change its path and keeps a cat 1 status. 

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

The ship left today and the itinerary did change to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel. We are sailing on Allure Sunday Sep 1st. The same ports. I am wondering if the cruise itself will be cancelled. If the storm does not change its path and keeps a cat 1 status. 

It won't get cancelled  They might not dock until a day later which means you cruise leaves a day later and your cruise will be 1 day shorter as 1 example 

I wanted to mention Tropical Storm Dorian as some of you have I see been asking questions.

The Captain's on some of our ships will send letters to guest cabins today that include this important section:

" In conjunction with our Fleet Operations Center in Miami, we have been monitoring Topical Storm Dorian in the Atlantic. Since the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, we will remain a safe distance from the system at all times. We will continue to keep a close eye on the weather and provide you with timely updates should any changes to our itinerary become necessary."

So at the moment there are no changes to any itineraries but of course the Captain's will always keep the ship and those on board safe and that is the most important thing you should remember.

The fun is waiting and we ( I ) will keep you informed if any changes are made and lets hope the storm dissapissatates very soon.

On 8/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, dbrucern said:

Headed to Charleston to board on Thursday, this could be interesting

Me too! Assuming we will not be going to Princess Cay on Saturday - at the very least, the winds will be bad and we are supposed to tender in.  They would never do that with high winds. I'm holding out hope we go to Bermuda LOL.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind 4 sea days though.