Cabin or Suite?

7 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I’m trying to plan a cruise for my family, 5 adults. (2 couples and my Mom) What is the best option cabins with joining doors or would a suite be best? Never stayed in a suite before only cabins. Can you share your experience with both? Thanks in advance

How much privacy are you looking for? what ship?, why not just 2 cabins near each other? availability could also be an issure, how soon you plan to cruise?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I’m trying to plan a cruise for my family, 5 adults. (2 couples and my Mom) What is the best option cabins with joining doors or would a suite be best? Never stayed in a suite before only cabins. Can you share your experience with both? Thanks in advance

Are the two couples related to each other?  To Mom?

If yes, look at the Royal Family Suite.  Oops. I think that it's now called Two Bedroom Grand Suite.  $$$$$

Or get two side by side Junior Suites, with or without connecting door.

Which ship?  They are many variations.

On Voyager and Freedom class ships there are some configurations that are not available on other ships.  And vice versa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I’m trying to plan a cruise for my family, 5 adults. (2 couples and my Mom) What is the best option cabins with joining doors or would a suite be best?

3 cabins - the extra bathrooms and privacy may outweigh the nicety of a suite.

• Like 2

It’s myself, my husband, my brother in-law, sister in-law and my Mom. We are thinking Mediterranean cruise in 2021. As we all have cruises next year already planned. So it would be whatever boat is doing that cruise. I’m already on the Allure next sept for a Western Mediterranean cruise.

4 hours ago, Canmilitarywife said:

It’s myself, my husband, my brother in-law, sister in-law and my Mom. We are thinking Mediterranean cruise in 2021. As we all have cruises next year already planned. So it would be whatever boat is doing that cruise. I’m already on the Allure next sept for a Western Mediterranean cruise.

At least ONE of the Radiance class ships should be in the Med in the summer.  Beautiful ship and perfect for the Med itineraries.  Get three side by side balcony cabins.  The balcony dividers can be opened, with few exceptions.

• Like 2

We did an aft RFS, now 2 bedroom Grand Suite on Grandeur.  LOTS of room.  One large bedroom with bathroom attached (with tub/shower). A smaller interior cabin with bath (shower only) in the hallway.  A large lounge area with at least one sofa bed.  

HUGE balcony.

We ended up switching to it after final payment, and it was cheaper (no refunds) than our one JR suite and one balcony originally booked.

• Like 1