Hurricane Dorian talk

1 hour ago, bclinton said:

Here is the revised itinerary offer......this does nothing but slap the consumer n the face........pretty unbelievable. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Thurs

Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

They are trying to offer something for those that would like the respite from Florida and the hurricane.    The passenger is not at fault but made the decision to cruise during hurricane season and accepted the risks in the contract.  

They are not going to give you a cash refund - did you not have insurance for a cruise during hurricane season??   Surely Royal offered you this - so it’s only the travelers fault if they don’t have it.  

Maybe wait it out a little longer and see if things change again due to port access on wednesday.  Maybe things will change to offer refunds.  

Until then - enjoy your sons wedding and make the most of this!   Maybe see if you can get him booked on a cruise next week instead with that FCC! 

I would be shocked if coco cay takes a direct hit that it even opens at all in September.  Those newly planted tree, flowers...will be like they never existed.  The pool will take two weeks to pool those said trees and plants out of it.  The erosion of the new landscape that was done will be catastrophic.  It would be interesting to see some drone footage of the place today with EVERYTHING stripped clean to prepare for this nightmare.  Dont be at all surprised with a "direct hit" that the new pier has some significant damage.  It is a ball buster for RCCL as they have really put all of their eggs in one basket to pump up coco cay and add so many stops there.  Fingers crossed that it fares well because so many people are looking forward to their stops there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattb31 said:

I'll be really interested to see how CocoCay fares. Current track has it going almost directly over the island as a Category 4 hurricane. I know Daredevil's peak was built to withstand a 5, but there's plenty of smaller buildings that probably wouldn't fare too well. Also can't imagine the damage the storm surge will end up doing to Oasis Lagoon and such.

Ugh, what a mess that's going to be.

2 hours ago, bclinton said:

Here is the revised itinerary offer......this does nothing but slap the consumer n the face........pretty unbelievable. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Wed

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Thurs

Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Miami, Florida

Hopefully for them the cruise will be completed cancelled and get a full refund and a FCC.

2 hours ago, DKLI said:

I really feel for everyone with cruise schedule issues, and even more so for those who live in harms way. :classic_sad:

I'm sure people have said it here a hundred times,

Just received this email from Royal Caribbean re: our September 3rd Symphony sailing. The itinerary is obviously subject to change, depending on Dorian's impact on Nassau and Coco Cay and on whether the Port of Miami will be open on Wednesday. I called Royal to try to book a cabin on the Symphony for tomorrow's sailing so we could ride out the hurricane and go back-to-back, but was told they had already submitted the final passenger list and couldn't add anyone at this point.

Dear Guest,

After careful review of Hurricane Dorian’s Path, our Symphony of the Seas sailing will now depart on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, instead of Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. We’re terribly sorry for this last-minute change, but we made this decision to maintain a comfortable cruise and avoid adverse weather at the beginning of our journey. Please know, your safety is and always will be our top priority; it’s not something we’d ever jeopardize. Although starting later than we originally planned, we’re looking forward to welcoming you aboard. Below, please find our new itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Tues

Wed

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

Thurs

Nassau, Bahamas

8:00 AM

9:00 PM

Fri

CocoCay, Bahamas

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Sat

Miami, Florida

While these circumstances are beyond our control, we understand they impact your vacation. To help make up for this unexpected change, we’re providing you with the following:

• A refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit. Plus, a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us.
    • Both amounts will be in the value of the 1 day your cruise was shortened by, and based on the total cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.
  • In addition, if you purchased an internet or beverage package, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund as a credit for the 1 day your cruise was shortened by to your Onboard Account.

All credits will be applied to your Onboard Account by Day 2 of your cruise. And remember, they can be used anywhere onboard, and if unused, they will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

Please know, we’re currently working with some of our airline partners, as some have agreed to waive change fees for our guests due to this special circumstance. Please contact your airline service provider for additional details. Unfortunately, if your airline does not waive the change fees, you’ll be responsible for any charges incurred.

While we hope you choose to sail with us, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with: 

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by email by Friday, September 20th, 2019.
  • You’ll also receive a full refund for any pre-purchased items like, shore excursions, beverage packages, pre-paid gratuities, and your taxes & fees. If you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. Our guest’s and crew’s safety is our number one priority and while not the itinerary we originally anticipated, we know your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Our cruise was affected by Dorian and the compensation they offered was very fair. I have opted to take the 100% future cruise credit option. I was going to call and ask but the wait times now are very long due to hurricane questions. 

I know someone here can help. Can I use the credit on a cruise that is already booked through a 3rd party site?

2 hours ago, bclinton said:

I agree! Doing nothing but creating a whole group of potential customers that will never consider Royal Caribbean CL again. 

Seriously, you think it's just RCCL??????  Go on over to the other lines threads and see what they are doing.  It's weather dude...shlt happens.  We're holding our breath for our 9/7 Symphony sailing, but there's no way I am going to second guess a company who has been doing business in Hurricane alley for almost half a century.  And it's not just about profit.  They are trying to do the best thing for the most people.  All of whom have different ideas on what they would like.  It's not easy bein' green.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Seriously, you think it's just RCCL??????  Go on over to the other lines threads and see what they are doing.  It's weather dude...shlt happens.  We're holding our breath for our 9/7 Symphony sailing, but there's no way I am going to second guess a company who has been doing business in Hurricane alley for almost half a century.  And it's not just about profit.  They are trying to do the best thing for the most people.  All of whom have different ideas on what they would like.  It's not easy bein' green.

I get your point but......RCCL is the cruise line I am dealing with now. To send me a revised itinerary for what is barely over 36 hours long that is supposed to make good for a 5 day cruise is insulting.......to only offer credits when I paid in cash just tops it off.......pretty terrible way to do business even with the beyond their control hurricane......

23 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

know someone here can help. Can I use the credit on a cruise that is already booked through a 3rd party site?

That 3rd party site is technically your travel agent.  You should be able to but you'll have to contact them.  You can apply it towards what's left to pay if you aren't past final payment yet.

11 minutes ago, bclinton said:

I get your point but......RCCL is the cruise line I am dealing with now. To send me a revised itinerary for what is barely over 36 hours long that is supposed to make good for a 5 day cruise is insulting.......to only offer credits when I paid in cash just tops it off.......pretty terrible way to do business even with the beyond their control hurricane......

Not in my opinion.  I think what they have offered is above and beyond....you do what you have to do, there are just as many people who still want to cruise on your trip....I would take the cruise credit and reschedule if it were our cruise. And they said in the offer that even though it is on board credit, they will totally credit your CC if you do not use it.

All credits will be applied to your Onboard Account by Day 2 of your cruise. And remember, they can be used anywhere onboard, and if unused, they will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

Edited by BecciBoo

Amazingly, Royal Caribbean just sent an email asking if I want to Royal Up for my 4-day September 3rd cruise. It seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing (and I think if folks battle a hurricane to make it to a shortened cruise they should receive free upgrades)!

Image-1-1.thumb.jpeg.e98f3ff5f26842b93705c62cfc2a8692.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bclinton said:

No cruise line at this point is giving a cash refund to cruisers affected (as far as I know). Disney hasn't even made any plans for the hurricane public.

They have Mariner going in and out of Canaveral on Wednesday Sep 4 - and the NHC projects the still-hurricane strength Dorian sitting right on top of that area at that time.  Even if it's a bit West of the actual port, it means people would have to travel through the hurricane to get there.  Maybe as we get closer to the time they will decide to move things again...?

Edited by garywatson

4 minutes ago, bclinton said:

You won't find any cruiseline that will offer you a refund in this situation.  None.  Even if they fully cancel the cruise on you due to weather, it will still be a credit for a future cruise and not a cash refund.  If it was Royal's fault (mechanical or scheduling) then yes, refund is possible.

You would be hard pressed to find an insurance policy even that will refund cash for the cruise fare when the cruiseline is offering you a credit.

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You're not down here are you?

Nope.  We were originally scheduled for this week, but put it off.  Now our kids will be deciding whether to put up our hurricane shutters.

2 minutes ago, Beth 2001 said:

Amazingly, Royal Caribbean just sent an email asking if I want to Royal Up for my 4-day September 3rd cruise. It seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing (and I think if folks battle a hurricane to make it to a shortened cruise they should receive free upgrades)!

Image-1-1.thumb.jpeg.e98f3ff5f26842b93705c62cfc2a8692.jpeg

More likely that no one went in and suspended the AUTOMATIC emails that go out for sailings. 

1 minute ago, garywatson said:

They have Mariner going in and out of Canaveral on Wednesday Sep 4 - and the NHC projects the still-hurricane strength Dorian sitting right on top of that area at that time.  Even if it's a bit East of the actual port, it means people would have to travel through the hurricane to get there.  Maybe as we get closer to the time they will decide to move things again...?

Yeah, mine was delayed til the 4th out of PC as well.  I’m waiting for an updated forecast or another delay before I move my flights.  Right now, JetBlue is only offering free changes for flights through the 3rd. But as it is, there’s no way anyone is flying into or sailing out of a Cat 1 hurricane. 

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

More likely that no one went in and suspended the AUTOMATIC emails that go out for sailings. 

Use this as a fair warning to cancel any pending bids you have if you are unsure you want to sail because as other people cancel there will likely be many bids awarded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1