Portland and Bar Harbor

Pugster4

Just started looking at NE/CA cruises and am trying to decide if I should spend the extra time to see both Portland and Bar Harbor. Also trying to figure out if the price to see PEI would be worth it also and what it has to offer compared to other ports. Any help would be great. Considering a 7 day and a 9 day. 9 day includes Bar harbor. There is a 10 day that has PEI but it costs over $300 more than the 9 day. Thanks for your help!

I think it really depends on where you're from... and how likely it is that you'll get back to NE/CA. I would do the one with the most ports. Portland and Bar Harbor are nothing alike, other than both being on the coast. Portland is a city, Bar Harbor is a town on an island. Both are worth visiting, in my opinion. If you have the time, take a couple extra days and see more!!

Each time in Bar Harbor we have visited Acadia NP (not to be missed, in my opinion). Also, if the tides are right, you can walk out to Bar Island over a large sandbar.  We have done this twice, but you must be careful, the tide comes in quickly and you can be stranded.

• Like 1