Formal Night(s) - 9 night ABC's

rstackjd

Good morning all.

We have a large group booked for a nine night cruise on the Equinox to the ABC's.   I am starting to work on the "social schedule" for the group and like to try and coordinate it with ship special events.  This is our first time on Celebrity in 7 years.   

Does Celebrity still have "formal night"?    On a 9 nighter is there more than one "formal night"?   Any ideas on which night(s) that would occur?

Any other special events on the cruise I should be aware of (ie. Disney has Pirate Night, NCL has the GLOW party, etc etc)

I realize itineraries change all the time, but it's a place to start at least.

Thanks in advance!

I would say, usually on sea days, but not always.  It depends on how the sea days fall.  On this particular cruise I agree that the two nights will likely be on the first and last sea days.

Celebrity does not publish advance notice of any special events (other than on their APP if the ship you are sailing uses it - but it is not updated until right before the cruise).  Generally speaking there are few if any.  They will likely have a 'white night' up on deck by the pool.  Many people will show up in their white clothes.  Sometimes they will have other deck parties now and then but no advance notice.  They now have something called Silent Disco onboard which many really enjoy.  No need to pre-plan, just show up, get a pair of headphones, and join the party.  They also may have theme nights in the disco (60's music, disco music, etc..) but no special preparation and also no advance notice.   But check the APP right before you sail - I believe Equinox does have it available if memory serves.

3 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

The Evening Chic nights will never be the first or last night of the cruise. On a 9 night you will have 2 Evening Chic nights. They'll most likely be nights 2 and 8, but that's just an educated guess.

thanks - that's consistent with what others have said - first and last full sea days

Bob

3 minutes ago, rstackjd said:

thanks - that's consistent with what others have said - first and last full sea days

Bob

Most likely wont be the last sea day if that's the last day before your return to port, but it would be the night before that.

Edited by Luvcrusn