Captain Tuvo

seattleslew

Is he on the Star right now?  Can't wait to meet this legendary man!  I just saw an interview on YouTube with him and he's hilarious, so our fingers are crossed he's still on the Star for 2019 Alaska end-of-season runs (before he goes to the Sky this fall).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, seattleslew said:

Is he on the Star right now?  Can't wait to meet this legendary man!  I just saw an interview on YouTube with him and he's hilarious, so our fingers are crossed he's still on the Star for 2019 Alaska end-of-season runs (before he goes to the Sky this fall).

Yes, he is on the Star right now. At least he was this past Sunday when the Star was in Seattle.

Tom

• Like 1

On the video I saw of his April interview he said captains are on duty for 3 months then off for 3 months & he’s joining the Sky in Lisbon on 11/21 before the transatlantic & Caribbean season.  I’m definitely looking forward to sailing with him on the Sky.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On the video I saw of his April interview he said captains are on duty for 3 months then off for 3 months & he’s joining the Sky in Lisbon on 11/21 before the transatlantic & Caribbean season.  I’m definitely looking forward to sailing with him on the Sky.

Rats, looks like I'll just miss him on my B2B on 3/7/20!

1 hour ago, seattleslew said:

I watched the video he is hilarious. 👍😁

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks for posting.  Other than the Sky announcement, I have seen his performance before when he was on Island in 2018.  It was fun to watch it again.  He is very personable and amazing and he did a similar interview session, but essentially the entertainment person is just a straight man for him to riff-off.  And I mean this in the best way.  He was a LOT of fun.  He gave lots of information out at his noon annoucements.  He always took credit for the good weather days and blamed one or another officer for the bad days and often said he'd be dunked overboard or something.  Tuvo is all over the ship greeting guests, etc.  He is a total delight, but very professional when called for.  No doubt his crew loves him as well.  He actually worried a few cruisers when he made an announcement about stopping for directions to the next port only twice over night.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Photofinish4 said:

Capt Tuvo is the best captain we have ever had. I know he is bringing the sky over but is he staying on it ? He and his family live in Carlsbad ca. Will someone ask him if he is staying on the Sky.

Yes. He will be one of the two captains. 

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I'm hoping to reconnect with him on the Sky at the end of January.  We had the pleasure of sailing with him on the Star to Hawaii last year.  Interesting thing happened at our M&G.  He showed up but had to leave after a very short time.  He actually requested we hold a second get together on our return leg from the Islands.  At this gathering, he stayed with us for well over an hour.  He is truly a great asset to Princess.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 2