Some General Musings on the Breakaway August 25 Sailing

gmbhardy

Just some general thoughts and info. Boarding was at terminal F that is usually used by MSC. Weather was fantastic. No towel art and no ice (we just asked our steward for ice and received it daily). Nightly turn down service is still intact. Vibe did not sell out. There was a blurb in the daily stating if you don’t show for a specialty dinner reservation you will be charged (is this new). Cagney’s and Ocean Blue both serving lobster (not very good) with no upcharge using SDP. Great staff and service. If you’re looking for cookies in the buffet they are in the Kids Corner station in the back corner. Rock of Ages was very good. Christian at Maltings is the best bartender I’ve encountered in all my cruises. O’Sheehans served prime rib on the last night of the cruise. The Waterfront was a nice quiet place to hang out at night. We had an angled balcony on deck 14 right beside the aft elevators. Great location but the internet was awful. If I think of anything else, I’ll repost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Just some general thoughts and info. Boarding was at terminal F that is usually used by MSC. Weather was fantastic. No towel art and no ice (we just asked our steward for ice and received it daily). Nightly turn down service is still intact. Vibe did not sell out. There was a blurb in the daily stating if you don’t show for a specialty dinner reservation you will be charged (is this new). Cagney’s and Ocean Blue both serving lobster (not very good) with no upcharge using SDP. Great staff and service. If you’re looking for cookies in the buffet they are in the Kids Corner station in the back corner. Rock of Ages was very good. Christian at Maltings is the best bartender I’ve encountered in all my cruises. O’Sheehans served prime rib on the last night of the cruise. The Waterfront was a nice quiet place to hang out at night. We had an angled balcony on deck 14 right beside the aft elevators. Great location but the internet was awful. If I think of anything else, I’ll repost.

thanks for this review --- we have an angled balcony room on deck 10 in Dec - I heard the balconies aren't to big but angled are a little bigger - did you find that to be true?

Good tip about the cookies... 

45 minutes ago, C cruise said:

thanks for this review --- we have an angled balcony room on deck 10 in Dec - I heard the balconies aren't to big but angled are a little bigger - did you find that to be true?

Good tip about the cookies... 

You’re right, the balconies on the Breakaway and Getaway are really small. Our angled balcony increased the space considerably. I saw one angled balcony that even had a lounger on it. I won’t cruise  on either ship without an angled balcony.

• Like 1