Port of Miami Terminal Transportation

On October 25th, I will arrive on Empress of the Seas and depart on Symphony of the Seas.  I expect the Empress to arrive at terminal F or G and the Symphony to depart from Terminal A.  Is there any special transportation between the terminals at the Port of Miami?

52 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

On October 25th, I will arrive on Empress of the Seas and depart on Symphony of the Seas.  I expect the Empress to arrive at terminal F or G and the Symphony to depart from Terminal A.  Is there any special transportation between the terminals at the Port of Miami?

You'll most likely have to jump in a taxi. I'd tip him as if it was an airport cost ride

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

This has been discussed on both Roll Calls.  Join in!

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

This has been discussed on both Roll Calls.  Join in!

I ran a search on Port of Miami terminal transportation and it came back as no match. That is why I started a roll call.  Now when some one searches for this, it will show a math.

3 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Hi,

I am sailing on Symphony of the Seas on the 26th of October 2019. Are you sure you have checked correctly your sailing date? Because you are mentioning a Symphony sailing on October 25th.

Just now, WeMissSeaView said:
17 hours ago, PCB1971 said:

Hi,

I am sailing on Symphony of the Seas on the 26th of October 2019. Are you sure you have checked correctly your sailing date? Because you are mentioning a Symphony sailing on October 25th.

My mistake.  The Empress sails on 10/25 and returns on 11/02. The Symphony sails on 11/02.

We were on the Symphony just last week, disembarking on August 31.  All the info we provided to them concerning leaving the ship was done through the television - which asked us to reply via the TV as to what our plans were - Continuing, "Express" (carry off own luggage), or Regular (set out luggage the night before).  Next time we turned on the TV, it requested info about when and via what mode we would be departing.  Two days before departure, all passengers received letters with the departure schedule (along with appropriate luggage tags, if needed).  Among other things, this letter states:

"Consecutive Cruisers transferring to another Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or Azamara ship in Miami or Fort Lauderdale on Turnaround day:  Please refer to letter in your stateroom."

This would imply that they had some special plan for those transferring in-company.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Homosassa said:

If you check the Port of Miami website, you will find that there is a free trolley between terminals.

Not realistically.  Assuming you come in to Terminal G and leave from A the trolley goes the other way.  There is a stop about half way back before it goes over the bridge, but it is also farther from the terminals.  And the trolley is a high streetcar design that isn't set up to handle luggage. 

Distance from entrances is probably about 4 ship lengths.  By the time you got through the taxi line you could walk most of the distance, but unless you have a special shuttle provided by the cruise line a cab would be easiest.