New Princess Cruise Search Page

gottagocit

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I think the two worst features of the new search interface are:

1.  On the initial search, you create a short list by using date range, area of world, etc.  Now you "dive" into one of those cruises and look into pricing, cabin availability, itinerary details, etc.  Now you want to back out from that to the list.  Nope.  Once you back out, the filters are lost somehow and all Princess voyages show and have to re-enter search criteria.  IMO, this is the worst thing by far.

2.  No filter by port of call.

Otherwise, it works okay, even if it's a bit klugy with photos and entering the search options.  Not nearly as efficient and user-friendly as the previous version.  Seems like Princess wanted to glitz it up some.  I noticed pretty much the same search interface on HAL site.

The HAL clients complained a lot when their site was "updated" ... and didn't make one whit of difference ... this crap is here to stay

Edited by pms4104

5 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I think the two worst features of the new search interface are:

1.  On the initial search, you create a short list by using date range, area of world, etc.  Now you "dive" into one of those cruises and look into pricing, cabin availability, itinerary details, etc.  Now you want to back out from that to the list.  Nope.  Once you back out, the filters are lost somehow and all Princess voyages show and have to re-enter search criteria.  IMO, this is the worst thing by far.

2.  No filter by port of call.

Otherwise, it works okay, even if it's a bit klugy with photos and entering the search options.  Not nearly as efficient and user-friendly as the previous version.  Seems like Princess wanted to glitz it up some.  I noticed pretty much the same search interface on HAL site.

I hadn’t discovered #1 problem yet after just the single visit to search when discovering #2. That is awful for sure. HUGE waste of time for those looking for their next voyage. What are they thinking?

1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

Well it didn’t take them long to kill this page or else the link is a bad oneness because it isn’t working for me. 

No, it's the right link, but they're probably rolling the change out across their entire server farm slowly. I'm sure I'm just hitting a different server than you are and eventually they'll update the one I'm using as well. Nothing we can do to stop them. That old page will continue to work for some people for some period of time, but eventually it's going away completely.

I've bookmarked a couple of travel agency websites that allow for searching by ports en route, and provide pricing for each category in the search results. Those are the things I need to make a search engine useful for me, so luckily I don't need to use the princess site at all any more. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, 1emerald1 said:

I cleared my browsing history and got the old version back, was so excited!  Then I recently did a Dell update and got the crappy version back.  I'll have to clear history again and see if I get the better vision back.

Great ideal, thanks.

These visual pages were done on Carnival.Com about 18 months ago. I hated it then and still hate it. I go to a discounters that I use from time to time and search there for ports. Carnival left the search process the old way for the TA website. Lots of complaints for about 3 months, then everyone just gave up and found places to search the way they wanted to get and see info. I really hated it when they took away the ability to list all cruises on a specific ship so you could easily see B2B choices. That site ran really slow while they were tweaking it and was impossible to use on mobile devices for awhile.