Discounts on packages

Petoonya

I booked an inside cabin on a 7 day cruise and therefore just got one package. Took the drink package. Does NCL ever offer discounts pre-cruise on their additional packages on occasion- like dining or internet?

While I'm asking (I'm obviously new to NCL) if I book a dining package online, and I have to cancel before final payment, have I lost payment for that package or is it refundable before final?

Thanks so much...feel like a little weenie asking so many questions here. I didn't book with my travel agent of choice as she could not come close to matching Expedia's OBC. And Expedia not so great at answering questions....oh the consequences of not booking with your usual TA!

Thanks again.

Edited by Petoonya

7 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I booked an inside cabin on a 7 day cruise and therefore just got one package. Took the drink package. Does NCL ever offer discounts pre-cruise on their additional packages on occasion- like dining or internet?

While I'm asking (I'm obviously new to NCL) if I book a dining package online, and I have to cancel before final payment, have I lost payment for that package or is it refundable before final?

Thanks so much...feel like a little weenie asking so many questions here. I didn't book with my travel agent of choice as she could not come close to matching Expedia's OBC. And Expedia not so great at answering questions....oh the consequences of not booking with your usual TA!

Thanks again.

You can purchase any of the packages available on NCL prior to sailing and if, by chance you have to cancel, your purchases, along with port fees and taxes, gratuities for PBP, SDP, are automatically refunded. That includes after final payment as well.  Your cruise fare is a different story of course. 

7 hours ago, Petoonya said:

So, let's not mention travel agency names.

Whatever the price is on MyNCL is the lowest price that will be offered. Some packages have a small discount for booking online pre-cruise. But it is not like RCCL where you get an email every day offering you new and different discounts. The only thing that can happen is the price of the package goes up (the retail price of the package goes up). 

Port taxes and fees, and anything purchased is fully refundable until the day the ship sails. If you no show to your cruise, you get port taxes, fees, gratuities, shore excursions, purchased packages, are fully refunded. Your cruise fare is subject to penalty up to 100%. 

NOTE: Your travel agency may have additional penalties,,,, just because. 

Edited by BirdTravels

10 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks again.

If you don't sail any packages you purchase are refunded, and that includes the service charge on the "free" perks.

9 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

No, I’ve never seen any discounts on these packages.

I believe that the packages are refundableIf, but I don’t know when the cutoff point is before it is too late to do so.

It’s also worth being aware that NCL can be very slow to process refunds.

Thanks very much Keith! 🙂

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

You can purchase any of the packages available on NCL prior to sailing and if, by chance you have to cancel, your purchases, along with port fees and taxes, gratuities for PBP, SDP, are automatically refunded. That includes after final payment as well.  Your cruise fare is a different story of course. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Whatever the price is on MyNCL is the lowest price that will be offered. Some packages have a small discount for booking online pre-cruise. But it is not like RCCL where you get an email every day offering you new and different discounts. The only thing that can happen is the price of the package goes up (the retail price of the package goes up). 

Port taxes and fees, and anything purchased is fully refundable until the day the ship sails. If you no show to your cruise, you get port taxes, fees, gratuities, shore excursions, purchased packages, are fully refunded. Your cruise fare is subject to penalty up to 100%. 

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

If you don't sail any packages you purchase are refunded, and that includes the service charge on the "free" perks.

Well thanks so much everyone!!!! Sure appreciate your help 🙂