Wondering

cruisersea

I've never done the upgrade program but when the offer comes in, it's usually for 2 to 3 categories higher than what I've booked.  So if you're in an inside you might get offers to upgrade to a better inside category, an ocean view, and maybe a balcony.  But if you are interested in upgrading my recommendation is to keep an eye on prices and if they drop, call your TA or whomever and simply pay the difference.  This will get you the associated perks being offered at that time as well as the location you've picked. AND it can often be less $$ than you would have bid. I did this twice on my last cruise on Breakaway.  Once was an upgrade to a category that dropped to the same price that I originally paid and the other was for a slight out of pocket for a category that dropped in price...that I really wanted to try.  Just my 2 cents...

21 minutes ago, cruisersea said:

If you have a family ocean view room what room upgrade choices???

Upgrade advantage will allow you to bid on balcony and mini suite rooms. The system will select the best bids and upgrade you automatically anywhere from the time you make the bid to 48 hours before departure. 

38 minutes ago, cruisersea said:

What room option is above balcony rooms on cruise ships????

Mini suites and Suites. Suites is a generic term which includes “S”uite class rooms, ”C”oncierge class rooms, and “H”aven class rooms depending on ships. Since there are a very limited number of suites, bids on suites start with many hundreds of dollars per person and go up.