Settle our Disagreement!

RumpunchGirl

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This is a very good point and is the main reason I would never cruise out of Galveston, because our bar bill would be well over $200 on day one.  Of course if I lived within an easy drive of Galveston I might feel differently. 

We only have a 4 hour drive to Galveston, this is why being able to bring on 2 bottles is helpful ... 1 day w/o Cheers is significantly cheaper than airfare somewhere else.  🙂

If Cheers was available the first day, I don't think I would bother bringing my own wine.

Edited by christyran1228

It is true that Cheers won't kick in until the 2nd day when you are cruising out of Galveston, so that is a good reason to bring bottles of wine.  But personally, I bring champagne for the convenience of it. I like to have mimosas in the morning on my balcony, so I order orange juice and continental breakfast items for room service, and I mix the orange juice with my champagne to drink mimosas on my balcony.  It's a great way to start a vacation day!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

It is true that Cheers won't kick in until the 2nd day when you are cruising out of Galveston, so that is a good reason to bring bottles of wine.  But personally, I bring champagne for the convenience of it. I like to have mimosas in the morning on my balcony, so I order orange juice and continental breakfast items for room service, and I mix the orange juice with my champagne to drink mimosas on my balcony.  It's a great way to start a vacation day!

Another great reason to carry on a bottle. Thanks!

12 hours ago, kylesplash said:

Last time we did cheers we carried on 2 bottles of wine, a 12pk of beer, 2x 750mls of vodka, 10 mini shooters. We still maxed out most days.

On our upcoming cruise, we are only going to carry on 2 bottles of wine with our cheers.

Wait, how was this possible???

8 hours ago, BearPenn2010 said:

I could be wrong...but thought I read somewhere the Cheers pkg doesn't start till you are at Sea...So having a Bottle of Wine in the room for the First day sounds like a deal...

Not only are you wrong, it starts the second you're on the ship, even before you have your Sail & Sign card

8 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Wait, how was this possible???

We also did Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, all you can drink.

If you are asking how it is possible to drink that much, we had 2-3 drinks per meal, and drinks at the show, also had drinks after the show. So the other stuff just filled in the day on sea days. If you are up 16 hours, its not hard to drink that much. Simply put vacation, and no I probably wouldn't take that much again.

If you are asking how it was possible to smuggle the alcohol on, the 750ml bottles of vodka went into rum runners, we put one in each bag. The beer went in the bottom row of the two 12 packs we carried on. The shooters went in my socks, I wore jeans to the port so I could hide them, I picked bottles with plastic lids.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, RumpunchGirl said:

DH and I have Cheers but I would like to carry on a bottle of wine to have in our cabin for convenience. He thinks that would be silly since we have "Free" wine all cruise. Has anyone else carried on wine even if you have cheers?

We purchased liquor for the cabin on our last cruise even though we had the drink package.

3 hours ago, kylesplash said:

We also did Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, all you can drink.

If you are asking how it is possible to drink that much, we had 2-3 drinks per meal, and drinks at the show, also had drinks after the show. So the other stuff just filled in the day on sea days. If you are up 16 hours, its not hard to drink that much. Simply put vacation, and no I probably wouldn't take that much again.

If you are asking how it was possible to smuggle the alcohol on, the 750ml bottles of vodka went into rum runners, we put one in each bag. The beer went in the bottom row of the two 12 packs we carried on. The shooters went in my socks, I wore jeans to the port so I could hide them, I picked bottles with plastic lids.

Your parents must be so proud of you.

6 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

So I guess they have no ethics or respect either.

One of the first things they taught me was to treat others the way I wanted to be treated, and if I couldn't say something nice not to say anything at all.

So with that being said have a nice life, and I hope you have many cruises in your future.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kylesplash said:

One of the first things they taught me was to treat others the way I wanted to be treated, and if I couldn't say something nice not to say anything at all.

So with that being said have a nice life, and I hope you have many cruises in your future.

So you want people to lie, cheat and steal from you, too, is that right?

2 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

So you want people to lie, cheat and steal from you, too, is that right?

Couldn't let it go could you? Alright, let's begin. You do realize I bought the drink package. Here is the equivalent of what I did, I go to a restaurant and pay for all I can eat, but I also brought in some extra food. Did the restaurant lose money, no. Did carnival lose money, no

I didn't lie. I didn't cheat. I didn't steal. 

Congratulations on being a keyboard warrior and judging others.

19 minutes ago, kylesplash said:

Couldn't let it go could you? Alright, let's begin. You do realize I bought the drink package. Here is the equivalent of what I did, I go to a restaurant and pay for all I can eat, but I also brought in some extra food. Did the restaurant lose money, no. Did carnival lose money, no

I didn't lie. I didn't cheat. I didn't steal. 

Congratulations on being a keyboard warrior and judging others.

Well yes, you absolutely did.  You can try to justify it all you like.  The very fact that you had to sneak it in is a clear indication that you're well aware of it, too.  It's ok to be morally bankrupt, but there's no point in lying about it.  We all know better and you're not fooling anyone.

Edited by ParrotRob

21 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

Well yes, you absolutely did.  You can try to justify it all you like.  The very fact that you had to sneak it in is a clear indication that you're well aware of it, too.  It's ok to be morally bankrupt, but there's no point in lying about it.  We all know better and you're not fooling anyone.

😭😭😭 I appreciate your honesty, I clearly have some soul searching to do. I didn't realize my position in the world and how terrible I am. Maybe with your guidance I can become a better person.  Maybe we could plan a cruise together. Maybe you can help me remove my hat before entering the mdr. I don't know how to dress up for formal night, maybe you could help me replace my jeans with some slacks. Maybe you could help me quit smoking so I don't break the rules and smoke on the balcony.

All honesty, thank you for the entertainment.😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, kylesplash said:

😭😭😭 I appreciate your honesty, I clearly have some soul searching to do. I didn't realize my position in the world and how terrible I am. Maybe with your guidance I can become a better person.  Maybe we could plan a cruise together. Maybe you can help me remove my hat before entering the mdr. I don't know how to dress up for formal night, maybe you could help me replace my jeans with some slacks. Maybe you could help me quit smoking so I don't break the rules and smoke on the balcony.

All honesty, thank you for the entertainment.😂😂😂

I doubt it.  There are some things that can't be fixed.