Breakfast offerings & medication

Drose716

We are going on a fairly last minute short getaway at the end of the month on Victory. My son takes a daily morning medication that I pour from a capsule into some applesauce. He's young & hasn't mastered pill swallowing yet. This will be my 12th Carnival cruise but our first since this med so I've never paid attention before & can't remember everything available! Is apple sauce or some kind of jelly or cottage cheese even a breakfast offering in the buffet? Would I be allowed to carry on a small container of applesauce in my carry on or checked luggage if needed?

I know I could always reach out to the special needs department but they aren't open now & this isn't a super urgent medication. Just curious if anyone has paid better attention than me! 🙂

Edited by Drose716

1 hour ago, Drose716 said:

We are going on a fairly last minute short getaway at the end of the month on Victory. My son takes a daily morning medication that I pour from a capsule into some applesauce. He's young & hasn't mastered pill swallowing yet. This will be my 12th Carnival cruise but our first since this med so I've never paid attention before & can't remember everything available! Is apple sauce or some kind of jelly or cottage cheese even a breakfast offering in the buffet? Would I be allowed to carry on a small container of applesauce in my carry on or checked luggage if needed?

I know I could always reach out to the special needs department but they aren't open now & this isn't a super urgent medication. Just curious if anyone has paid better attention than me! 🙂

I believe there is jelly packets, yogurt and maybe cottage cheese.  I doubt if you'll find applesauce at breakfast, but I could be wrong. You should be ok bringing snack pack size applesauce.  If I'm wrong, someone here will give you the correct answer.

Happy sails. 🛥️

No applesauce that I have seen, but definitely there is jelly, cottage cheese and yogurt. They also have "real" strawberry topping for pancakes, which is actually pretty good and healthy!  It is also easy enough to bring on the small snack-pack sizes of applesauce.

Think about eating breakfast in the main dining room. If you talk with the Maitre D (on embarkation they are set up in a dinning room around 1 pm (ish), they can have applesauce all ready for you when you get to breakfast each morning. They might also be able to arrange it on the buffet, but you will need to ask.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dctravel said:

Think about eating breakfast in the main dining room. If you talk with the Maitre D (on embarkation they are set up in a dinning room around 1 pm (ish), they can have applesauce all ready for you when you get to breakfast each morning. They might also be able to arrange it on the buffet, but you will need to ask.

Agreed.  I was super nice with compliments to the head chef in the buffet on our last Carnival cruise.  I mentioned that I love traditional Filipino Adobo. His sous chef was from The Philippines and the two of them made me a helping of Adobo for the next night on the buffet.  

3 hours ago, pjhootch said:

There is always yogurt available at breakfast and on the breakfast room service menu- and it is the sweet type, so most children like it.

Ohh thanks! I didn't even think of yogurt. He's not a huge fan but could probably be talked into one small spoonful. 

I'm an omelette station gal. I haven't paid much attention to the buffet in our last several cruises & couldn't even remember the options!