MSC Magnifica News

sidari

MSC Magnifica to sail on 24 itineraries from Southampton in summer 2021 after being extended by 23 metres to add 215 cabins, a new waterpark and redesigned children's area. Other features will include two extra restaurants and a shopping area.

We loved Magnifica.  The addition of another Speciality Restaurant would be very welcome - wouldn't surprise me if they add a Butcher's Cut;  it seems to be one of the more popular ones and would be the most likely, seeing as there is already an Asian one onboard.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Very exciting news about the MSC Magnifica. As Bea, we love the MSC Magnifica, she is a beautiful ship. Will be interesting to see if they will do three shows. The theater have more than 1100 seats,  is much larger than the Lirica Class. Agree with Bea, they will for sure put in a Butcher's Cut as it is a very popular specialty restaurant. Enclosed is photo of the beautiful Royal Theater onboard the MSC Magnifica which I took during a great cruise in 2016.

20161016_090209.jpg

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73
  • Like 1

MSC MAGNIFICA'S ITINERARIES FOR 2021:
4 -14 May: Genoa, Marseille, Barcelona, At Sea, Cadiz, Lisbon, Vigo, El Ferrol, Bilbao, At Sea, Southampton.
14 -16 May: Southampton, St Peter Port, Southampton.
16 -28 May: Southampton, At Sea, At Sea, Lisbon, At Sea, Funchal, Las Palmas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Arrecife de Lanzarote, At Sea, Vigo, At Sea, Southampton.
28 -31 May: Southampton, Cherbourg, Zeebrugge, Southampton.
May 31 - June 12: Southampton, At Sea, Oslo, Copenhagen, At Sea, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, St Petersburg, Tallin, At Sea, At Sea, Southampton, United Kingdom.
June 12 - June 19: Southampton, At Sea, Kristiansand, Nordfjordeid, Flaam, Stavanger, At Sea, Southampton.
June 19th - June 26th: Southampton, At Sea, Haugesund, Flaam, Nordfjordeid, Rosendal, At Sea, Southampton.
June 26 - July 3: Southampton, At Sea, Haugesund, Nordfjordeid, Flaam, Rosendal, At Sea, Southampton.
3 - 10 July: Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Bergen, Flaam,?, At Sea, Southampton.
10 - 17 July: Southampton, At Sea, Eidfjord, Stavanger, Flaam, Kristiansand, At Sea, Southampton.
17 - 24 July: Southampton, At Sea, Eidfjord, Stavanger, Olden, Kristiansand, At Sea, Southampton.
24 - 31 July: Southampton, At Sea, Haugesund, Nordfjordeid, Flaam, Eidfjord, At Sea, Southampton.
31 July - 7 August: Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Flaam, Bergen,?, At Sea, Southampton.
7 - 21 August: Southampton, At Sea, At Sea, Cadiz, Malaga, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca, Palma de Mallorca, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, At Sea, Lisbon, At Sea, At Sea, Southampton.
21 - 28 August: Southampton, At Sea, Eidfjord, Stavanger, Flaam, Kristiansand, At Sea, Southampton.
August 28 - September 4: Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Flaam, Bergen, Rosendal, At Sea, Southampton.
September 4 - 11: Southampton, At Sea, Bergen, Flaam, Olden, Rosendal, At Sea, Southampton.
11 - 25 September: Southampton, At Sea, Oslo, Copenhagen, At Sea, Stockholm, Stockholm, Tallin, St Petersburg, St Petersburg, Helsinki, At Sea, At Sea, Southampton.
September 25 - October 2: Southampton, At Sea, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Le Havre, Southampton.
2 - 9 October: Southampton, At Sea, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Le Havre, Southampton.
9 - 16 October: Southampton, At Sea, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Le Havre, Southampton.
16 - 23 October: Southampton, At Sea, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Le Havre, Southampton.
October 23 - November 2: Southampton, At Sea, Bilbao, El Ferrol, Lisbon, Lisbon, Tangier, At Sea, Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa.
2 - 5 November: Genoa, Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa.
5 - 8 November: Genoa, Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa.
8 - 12 November: Genoa, Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, Marseille, Genoa.
12 - 15 November: Genoa, Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa.
15 - 19 November: Genoa, Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, Marseille, Genoa.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Thanks 2

I agree ... it'll be interesting to see what they plan out of Southampton.  We're embarking Preziosa there next September;  if it turns out to be a convenient embarkation port for us, and the itinerary is attractive, I'd love to sail the "new" Magnifica.

ETA ... was typing when the previous post was submitted.

The September 11th itinerary is one that's on my bucket list.  We've sailed in September for the last few years with Preziosa for next year.  Perhaps 2021 is now taken care of  🤔  😜

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, 1fifthavenue said:

Dave, you know where to be for all the news 

To be honest I got lucky, the guy I admin for on a FB page had posted a link and I saw it before MSC asked for it to be taken down because they want to make their big announcement tomorrow, didn't manage to get any of the photos off though.

Wow. I was just on Magnifica the last week of August. I cannot imagine another 215 cabins. She seemed comfortable as she was; another 430 passengers? I don't know. The water park would be desirable, as it would draw a lot of kids away from the Grand Bleu pool, but the kids would be replaced with more adults.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

2 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Wow. I was just on Magnifica the last week of August. I cannot imagine another 215 cabins. She seemed comfortable as she was; another 430 passengers? I don't know. 

There will be additional public space added, too.

43 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Is one of the new public facilities a boxing ring, or bucking bronco or bingo hall?

430 more GB cruisers having a break from the All Inclusive 'El Magio de la Can't Stand Up now' in the Costa del Britas 😰

Errr.....No thanks

😱  ... and no YC to retreat to!  ☹️

• Like 1

Not exactly a big surprise by itself... This is the current trend on the mainstream (4*) cruise industry these days... Quite surprising though is that they have chosen the youngest of the Musica class sisters to start this project!...

I wouldn't say never... But, for now that is not for me... It would have been better (and at the end of the day more profitable for them...) if they had added such a mid ship YC instead of a multitude of new regular cabins which will end up being mostly sold at a discount more likely than not...

Have a nice day!... :)

• Like 1

It was wonderful to be there last night as the news was announced; we've known about it since March but not the finer details. Keeping it secret has been so difficult and a challenge! There is talk that if this is successful then the next thing will be to go for one of the newest ships based out of Southampton

http://timthorpetravel.com/2019/09/11/msc-magnifica-news

This was the worst-kept secret as it's been known for some time that one of the Musica-class ships was going to be "stretched". As far as I can see, there's nothing new in the announcement, other than sparse details about a new water park, a new shopping area, two new restaurants and a redesigned kids area (apart from the addition of the 215 cabins, of course).

Edited by Beamafar

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

With the itineraries?

To clarify my previous post ... it's not on sale 'til tomorrow, but you can pre-register with the TA.

Yes the itineraries, the stretch will take place March/April 2021 and will take about six weeks.

Anyone booked?  I booked the 3 nighter  - 28th May 2021.  Came out at £550 for 2 adults and 1 child, OVF.  £25 onboard spend.  Booked this time through UK travel agent as the deposit was £150 per cabin.

Not too fussed where the cabin is as its "only" for 3 nights.

ps - Hi Beamafar!