Another Elite question

Go-Bucks!

I am currently Platinum, with 12 cruise credits and 98 onboard days.

My next cruise is a 58 day South America cruise where I'll be a solo, so earning 2 cruise credits, which won't get me to Elite yet.

But here are my questions...

1) Because this long cruise has 3 segments, will I get just 2 credits for the entire cruise or 2 credits per segment?  If per segment, will I get Elite perks during the last segment?

2) Or, going by onboard days, I'll get to 150 days near the end of the cruise so will I qualify then but not get perks until a future cruise?

Thanks for any help from you Princess Elite experts who have experienced this type of issue. 😎👍

1 minute ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I am currently Platinum, with 12 cruise credits and 98 onboard days.

My next cruise is a 58 day South America cruise where I'll be a solo, so earning 2 cruise credits, which won't get me to Elite yet.

But here are my questions...

1) Because this long cruise has 3 segments, will I get just 2 credits for the entire cruise or 2 credits per segment?  If per segment, will I get Elite perks during the last segment?

2 cruise credits for each segment, total 6. You will be Elite after the 2nd segment. You may have to speak with the Captain's Circle rep. on board to assure you receive your benefits on the 3rd segment.

2) Or, going by onboard days, I'll get to 150 days near the end of the cruise so will I qualify then but not get perks until a future cruise?

You will not reach by days, but you will reach by cruise credits.

Thanks for any help from you Princess Elite experts who have experienced this type of issue. 😎👍

See above

With 4 credits for the first 2 segments you will have enough to be elite for the 3rd segment but not the 2nd segment where you hit the magic number.

Ignoring your credits for a moment, by hitting 150 days during the third segment would not get you anything for that voyage since on Princess the benefits do not take affect until the cruise AFTER the cruise where you made the change. 

There will be a lot of elites on the Jan cruise so laundry will take longer than normal - at least 3 days and possibly 4 days.  If you do not get a notice, ask your steward for the expected timing.

We just made final payment - see you then

Thanks for the answers to my questions!

I was afraid that since I booked the cruise as one entire 58 day trip that I would only get 2 cruise credits. Glad they will give me the credits for each segment.

Yes, Wayne, I'm aware that Princess gives benefits after the cruise (or segment)...that's one thing I love about Oceania,  who gives the benefits ON the qualifying trip!

I too recently made final payment and am very excited to go on this S.A. adventure! Also excited to meet Waynetor and Mrs. Waynetor and share are Oceania world cruise experiences. 

Always glad to hear from other OSU Buckeye fans too!!  Go Bucks!🏈

Edited by Go-Bucks!

21 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I was afraid that since I booked the cruise as one entire 58 day trip that I would only get 2 cruise credits

Sign in to your Princess account.  Go to the Captains Circle section and look up your cruise credits (days & cruises).  You will see a full list of previous cruises and future bookings.  The future bookings will indicate the number of cruise credits and days you are about to earn.

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Sign in to your Princess account.  Go to the Captains Circle section and look up your cruise credits (days & cruises).  You will see a full list of previous cruises and future bookings.  The future bookings will indicate the number of cruise credits and days you are about to earn.

Sadly, it says 2 cruise credits. 😥

Are you guys sure I'll get 6???

19 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I am not totally sure as this is one of their special voyages.  When we did S.A., we were first booked as a single 60-night cruise.  We then switched to three segment booking because we were saving a TON of money (they didn't even begin with selling three segments at first).  We had to move cabins once, but it was worth it.  I think we had three credits in place, but of course we got three for sure with the ultimate booking.  My understanding is you should get the segment credits (I believe others who had 60-night booking did).  You may have to speak with the Captain's Circle host(ess) on board.  That said, they should be treating everyone the same who booked as you did.  Have you inquired on the Roll Call?

You booked it as One cruise you only get the 2 credits. If you had booked it

as three cruises would of got credits for each cruise. 

If you were an Elite and booked as only One cruise you would get a bar set up on each cruise.

Edited by Belle

Need to finish post..They said on....your profile

2 credits but you should get 2 for each cruise.

I booked a cruise as one, but could of been bought as two. I got credit for both.

If any cruise sold as more than one cruise should get credit for all but if say a 28 day cruise

sold as only one then only get credit for one.

I would talk to Princess and get it right.

Years ago I booked a 20 day Caribbean cruise that was also being sold as two 10 day cruises.  During the second segment I went to the Captains' Circle representative and asked if I would get a second cruise credit.  She got on her computer and changed my cruise history to show that I would get a credit for each segment since the segments were being sold separately.

For that last few years my cruise history, for both completed and future bookings,  shows that I get a cruise credit for each segment when I book a long cruise that is also sold in shorter segments.

Once you get aboard the ship, go visit the Captains' Circle representative and ask that your cruise history be adjusted to show a credit for each segment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, happiness is cruising said:

Book as three cruises....you also will get a mini bar set up with each cruise....also the segment pricing may go down........

It's cheaper to book the whole cruise as one than pay for 3 separate segments. I also got r/t Ezair flights for $69 total! 

The second segment isn't showing on the website now...wonder if it's sold out? They do show the whole trip now broken into 2 longer segments instead of just 3...so they're apparently trying to sell it all-which-ways!

7 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

As you know there are 3 segments to your cruise, F.L. to San Antonio, San Antonio to B.A. and then B.A to F.L.. From past experience booking b2b2b's we have received a cruise credit for each segment. In your case that would be 2 cruise credits each for being in a full suite. As an Elite we also received a mini bar set up for each segment. Booking as single or multiple cruises had nothing to do with the cruise count or benefits/segment.

I would recommend that you visit the Captain's Circle rep. once on board to make certain all is correct. As I mentioned in a previous posting you should be Elite on the 3rd segment, B.A. to F.L.

Just some notes: We have done S.A. twice, once Rio to San Pedro and once Chile to F.L. We thoroughly enjoyed each trip. I want to mention that in B.A. we booked a totally private walking tour, two of us with a guide, with Buenos Tours. We split a full 8 hour tour into two what turned out to be 5 hour days. More manageable. A little expensive, but really worth the price. In Montevideo we booked a tour with back yard BBQ. Another really nice trip.