Soda at Bars

kapcruiser

5 hours ago, kapcruiser said:

Is soda poured from a can or a tap at bars?

Soda guns. Cans only used if guns are inoperative/not on the fun for the bar. The cold soda from the gun is (usually) faster to serve than popping a warm can. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Love the map!  That is too funny.  

I was in Texas for the first time and I ordered a Coke...The waiter said "What kind?"  Then I noticed that when I would be with co-workers in the South, they would say "Let's get a Coke" and then they would buy a root beer.  When I asked, they would say, "We call everything Coke."  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rrebel94 said:

I was in Texas for the first time and I ordered a Coke...The waiter said "What kind?"  Then I noticed that when I would be with co-workers in the South, they would say "Let's get a Coke" and then they would buy a root beer.  When I asked, they would say, "We call everything Coke."  

This freaks me out. When I go south I order Iced Tea. I mean Ahhhhsssd Teee.

40 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I live in Ohio.  Never hear it called "pop."

I can help with that. Data is beautiful.  Find your county and see what your % pop is. Report back.  We want to know.  This was 2013 data. To see it today go to http://www.popvssoda.com/   Hover your mouse until you find your county. Tell us the %pop.  This is important.

image.png.08d4c9666f89901ebf721712cc73a639.png

3 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

I wonder if you ask for an unopened can of soda at the bar if they would give it to you.  My husband drinks soda first thing in the morning instead of coffee and would like to drink it sitting on the balcony in his pj's

Yes, but you have to pay for it.  I usually pick up a few cans and keep them in the mini fridge in the cabin.  Only soda that comes with the package is from the gun (unless the bar does not have a gun or it's broken).  It is like $3.85 per can with tax and tip.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrebel94 said:

This was my experience when I first moved to Texas as well...

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

This freaks me out. When I go south I order Iced Tea. I mean Ahhhhsssd Teee.

Yes  --  but do you order Sweetened or Unsweetened?

I'm from the Mid-West (Dubuque) - in our neighborhood we grew up calling it both...

Some called it Soda & some Pop - there may have been a few who called it Sodie Pop

Our House served Coke

Next Door served Pepsi

Across the Street served RC

5 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

download.jpgdownload.jpgAhhhhmm from Soda Country too. Then I moved to Rochester NY where I fight the fight every day against the scourge of Pop.Image result for soda vs pop map