Meet and Greet

noelea626

I don't know about "limited to" but I am willing to bet that you won't get very many takers and that the Roll Call will be almost dormant.

I think that the general feeling, and I have come across it when trying to arrange M&Gs, is that anything under 10 days does not have the sea days to arrange one and people are not really interested.  That seems especially true in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I don't know about "limited to" but I am willing to bet that you won't get very many takers and that the Roll Call will be almost dormant.

I think that the general feeling, and I have come across it when trying to arrange M&Gs, is that anything under 10 days does not have the sea days to arrange one and people are not really interested.  That seems especially true in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean,

On a recent Escape 7 day Caribbean we had over 250 attend the meet and greet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

7 day cruises have ample sea days to do a M&G. We have had great turnouts on NCL Epic, Escape and Bliss.

Our Bliss bar crawl was a fantastic turnout also.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

??  .......  7 day cruises have plenty of sea days for the M&G especially out of Boston & NYC with the first day at sea and that is when NCL schedules them.  Even the 4 day from NYC has the first day at sea so it can be done. Get a feel for it in your Roll Call to see if people are interested then reach out to NCL with the tentative headcount to see if they can accommodate you.

15 hours ago, noelea626 said:

Hello All,

I want to host a meet and greet on the NCL Encore for the 4 day to Bermuda April 22-26 out of NYC. Are Meet and Greets only limited to 7 or more day cruises?

Thank you for any input!!!

I doubt there is a limit as to how many days, but the shorter cruises draw fewer people as a rule and my feeling has always been if you can't have a decent turnout it isn't really fair to the staff to attend. This being said, good luck and have fun regardless. oh, I will add one more thing, if you do go ahead with it and at first you don't get a good response don't get disappointed. Many people do not sign up for m&Gs until a month or so prior to sailing. Also offer more than just the M&G. Slop pulls can be fun, as well as an informal meeting the day of sailing; some people like bar crawls, or maybe get a group together for one of the tours. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I doubt there is a limit as to how many days, but the shorter cruises draw fewer people as a rule and my feeling has always been if you can't have a decent turnout it isn't really fair to the staff to attend. This being said, good luck and have fun regardless. oh, I will add one more thing, if you do go ahead with it and at first you don't get a good response don't get disappointed. Many people do not sign up for m&Gs until a month or so prior to sailing. Also offer more than just the M&G. Slop pulls can be fun, as well as an informal meeting the day of sailing; some people like bar crawls, or maybe get a group together for one of the tours. 

I am wondering if the policy on NCL is the same as the last time I cruised an RCCL 5 day to Bermuda. Informal get togethers are certainly an option but on our cruise they said no official M&G sponsored by crew and officers on Liberty of the Seas 5 day was possible.

22 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

I am wondering if the policy on NCL is the same as the last time I cruised an RCCL 5 day to Bermuda. Informal get togethers are certainly an option but on our cruise they said no official M&G sponsored by crew and officers on Liberty of the Seas 5 day was possible.

I really don't know. It makes sense they may not want to set time aside from their busy schedule,  the staff I mean, and I would think people would understand. I have never been on a 4 day cruise where there has been a M&G. Of course I have only been on a handful of cruises less than 7 days. 

• Like 1