Britannia Refit

philsuarez

9 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

We received the email this morning but we have been aware of the canopies since early summer when someone on here posted about maintenance coming into their cabin to measure up for the new canopies. I will see if I can find the post.

Thank you, I’ll have a read through if I can find it.

This highlights my point even more, the work has clearly been planned and yet there is no mention of the changes on the deck plans on the p&o website. People choose specific cabins based on their requirements whether that be location, cabin type, shaded balcony non shaded balcony etc and for the majority of people they ascertain the information to make that choice primarily from the p&o website and there is absolutely nothing on there that mentions these changes. Both of our cruises were booked after August 2019 when it was clearly decided before then that these works would go ahead and yet we are only finding out about this now. It’s a very big issue for my family and I, but even more so that they have taken our deposits and informed of us at a later date of the changes that have now taken place. Honestly these canopies are enough for me to cancel both cruises but it’ll leave me £1000s out of pocket as it it isn’t just one room per cruise

14 minutes ago, Precioussmeagol said:

This highlights my point even more, the work has clearly been planned and yet there is no mention of the changes on the deck plans on the p&o website. People choose specific cabins based on their requirements whether that be location, cabin type, shaded balcony non shaded balcony etc and for the majority of people they ascertain the information to make that choice primarily from the p&o website and there is absolutely nothing on there that mentions these changes. Both of our cruises were booked after August 2019 when it was clearly decided before then that these works would go ahead and yet we are only finding out about this now. It’s a very big issue for my family and I, but even more so that they have taken our deposits and informed of us at a later date of the changes that have now taken place. Honestly these canopies are enough for me to cancel both cruises but it’ll leave me £1000s out of pocket as it it isn’t just one room per cruise

It was posted on 24/4 under another thread headed Britannia refit

56 minutes ago, Precioussmeagol said:

Why don't you just change cabins, instead of cancelling?

11 minutes ago, happy v said:

Why don't you just change cabins, instead of cancelling?

There are several reasons, one being the internal space but primarily because I don’t believe the balconies that run along the sides of Britannia represent good value for money. The aft balconies are huge in comparison

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Foot said:

Do you know on which P&O FB as there’s more than one & I can’t find them?!

Or are you referring to the 2 pictures already posted?

Thank you.

They are on the group ‘P&0 Britannia chat’ there are quite a few photos but you have have to scroll quite a long way down the page now!

36 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

They are on the group ‘P&0 Britannia chat’ there are quite a few photos but you have have to scroll quite a long way down the page now!

36 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you for that, I shall take a look 

Just to give people an idea of what it was like last time we had an a deck suite and to illustrate it’s not just about sun, although that’s vitally important. Here is an image from summer 2018 and an image of how those balconies look with the canopy. Minus the beautiful sunset, they look dramatically different and you can’t take the pictures I have from before or enjoy the views in the same way 

384BD3E9-2FB3-4241-B0FC-0B59FE4214FD.jpeg

D64BDB89-1D5C-4CBF-A9FC-0A7FBAE87D83.jpeg

Edited by Precioussmeagol