RECOMMENDED EARLIEST FLIGHT HOME FROM COPENHAGEN

cardbucfan

Hey all, our cruise ends in Copenhagen and I'm starting to look at flights.  What's the earliest return flight time you'd recommend? I've searched and keep getting weird results. We will be connecting through London vs the US so don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

Flying through London you handle it there instead

For flights via London passport control in Copenhagen -US immigration check in London -  for flights via Frankfurt or other Schengen hubs passport control and check at last Schengen airport. 

1 hour ago, cardbucfan said:

What's the earliest return flight time you'd recommend

When do you expect to arrive into Copenhagen? - for flights via LHR I’ll recommend at least four hours - if direct to Zia’s a bit more and for flights via Schengen airport maybe three hours from port. List of Schengen countries

@hallasm- the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00 a.m.  We will have an overnight in London before continuing on to the U.S. So if I'm reading your post correctly, give ourselves minimum of 5 hours from disembarkation to flight time since the UK is not a Schengen country. Right? There's a 1:40 flight. Would that be too tight? We are spending a couple of days in Copenhagen prior to the cruise so I'm OK heading out the day the ship docks.

Sorry I was to tired when i posted yesterday, you do indeed need to clear the passport control when flying from Copenhagen to London. 

I don't know why I posted otherwise.

Sorry if I confused anyone. 

US pre check will off course happen at London as Hallasm wrote. 

6 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Sorry I was to tired when i posted yesterday, you do indeed need to clear the passport control when flying from Copenhagen to London. 

I don't know why I posted otherwise.

Sorry if I confused anyone. 

US pre check will off course happen at London as Hallasm wrote. 

No worries! Thanks for all your advice!

23 hours ago, cardbucfan said:

Hey all, our cruise ends in Copenhagen and I'm starting to look at flights.  What's the earliest return flight time you'd recommend? I've searched and keep getting weird results. We will be connecting through London vs the US so don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

We just got back from the Baltic/St Petersburg Regal Princess cruise last Aug 21-28.  We had the early walk off at 0620 for an 0950 flight at Copenhagen with connection at Heathrow at 1350. Took the taxi and got at the airport at 0715 with lots of time to spare.  Via Air Norwegian all the way to LAX.