Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

9 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

well  there are plenty other spots ready to go and board cruise ships ..they do not need to destroy areas around the globe and Australia for it ..   you have to make a choice is it the environment or is it convenience of a third port in Sydney .. it has to be one or the other .. the third choice is use existing ports even if they are out of the Sydney basin that doesn't need dredging or destroy the eco system

but like I said maybe the world is on the verge of destruction as we see many signs of this around the globe , so if the people don't change and demand change by boycotting certain companies for the destruction , then we just deserve what we get .. 

How many times do you need to be told....the third terminal is (will be ) in Sydney because that is where the  need is for a third embark /debark terminal.Regional centres will not work, they are fine for a port of call not an embark/ debark.   IF you had ever been on a cruise you would know the difference but obviously you don't . Anyhow it does not really matter, none of us will be around in a few years if we keep on cruising..THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH.

29 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

How many times do you need to be told....the third terminal is (will be ) in Sydney because that is where the  need is for a third embark /debark terminal.Regional centres will not work, they are fine for a port of call not an embark/ debark.   IF you had ever been on a cruise you would know the difference but obviously you don't . Anyhow it does not really matter, none of us will be around in a few years if we keep on cruising..THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH.

just as many times as you need to be told royal carribean are the ones lobbying the nsw liberals to build it in botany bay ..  and if Sydney as you say needs a third one then look for spots in Sydney harbor not botany bay  or bring in ships that can fit under the harbor bridge  if  royal or any other cruise line cant fit then see ya later other companies that can fit will take up there spots .. so there really isn't a need for one at botany bay .. what will you see at botany bay a cemetery and gas storage  containers , cranes oil wharf ,  nice view hey …  

I don't think I will be going on any more cruise ships ..  maybe the Disney one as I love the horns 

Edited by in rod we trust

3 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

.. what will you see at botany bay a cemetery and gas storage  containers , cranes oil wharf ,  nice view hey …  

They already have that, surely a nice cruise terminal obscuring those things will make it much more pleasant.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

They already have that, surely a nice cruise terminal obscuring those things will make it much more pleasant.

no it wouldn't  as mentioned will destroy a whole bay for it .. rather see it as it is than the cruise ship companies destroying a bay residents of Sydney use and indigenous people still use and marine life use and us anglers use as well , so no keep them cruise ships out of botany bay

5 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

no it wouldn't  as mentioned will destroy a whole bay for it .. rather see it as it is than the cruise ship companies destroying a bay residents of Sydney use and indigenous people still use and marine life use and us anglers use as well , so no keep them cruise ships out of botany bay

All those people can use the new terminal as well. There would be plenty of fish around the new piers.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think you will find that the majority here want the 3rd cruise terminal, maybe not to the detriment of the whole environment but we still want it.

It is a cruise forum so the expected bias would be for the terminal. Though as traveller I personally don't think we need a third terminal, we just want a third terminal and if cruise ships can't fit in Sydney Harbour then perhaps cruise lines should be more mindful of their destinations rather than expect countries to turn everything upside down to accommodate them😒

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

nope a exclusion zone will be in place so nobody can go near the ships or its turning basin 

Gee .............all this detail .............and they haven’t even chosen a site yet.

22 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Gee .............all this detail .............and they haven’t even chosen a site yet.

the site has been chosen both places will be used or whats the use of a port if you don't have a passenger processing terminal next to it unless you ok being bussed to a nearby processing centre with the other 6000  people 

Edited by in rod we trust

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Exclusion zones are only in place when the ship is in.

well no cruise ships comes here in the winter , but locals still use the beach  during the whole yr .. with the dredging of all those toxic cancer causing seabed spoil nobody will be able to use it at all that just wont be yarra bay it will be the whole of botany bay

8 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

the site has been chosen both places will be used or whats the use of a port if you don't have a passenger processing terminal next to it unless you ok being bussed to a nearby processing centre with the other 6000  people 

You really have got no idea have you.

I may not change your minds of it and that's not my plan , you all can decide for yourself whats right ..

im just making it aware to all people including myself that go on cruises and love seeing awesome places and islands we don't have to destroy them just for greed we have seen enough of our own country destroyed and sold off when is enough going to be enough .. stand up for your country not let it be destroyed and sold off .. if not for you than at least for your kids future 

4 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

and you have ..  yet you don't read any reports ..  that's  great

4 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

and you have ..  yet you don't read any reports ..  that's  great

But the reports are useless anyway, they are all redacted.

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But the reports are useless anyway, they are all redacted.

that's right but he still chooses to ignore facts and royal carribean own ceo press release statements , dredging facts , epa facts, indigenous people claim to the land etc etc .. so long as he has a port of convenience  ignore the rest..  but then again we might as well sell everything thing off in this country , and just let the bushfires burn everything and kill all the wildlife it will be easier to sell to the Chinese ..

13 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

With all that toxic cancer causing stuff in the bottom of the bay, I don't understand why people fish there unless they don't eat the fish they catch.

some people eat it I don't I just fish for a sport  its mainly disturbing the toxins that lay under the top layer of sand and yarra bay is probably the cleanest part of botany bay due to where it is..