Booking while on board

We booked two longer cruises, in GS, last cruise.

Total of $1200 OBC.  And Suites are always non-refundable deposit.

And then it was auto transferred to our TA, and more OBC on top of that. 😄

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

Slightly off topic but why are we allowed to discuss Royal Caribbean as a travel, but not other travel agents?

Is Cruise Critic now owned by the cruise lines?

All that is necessary to know is that this is Cruise Critic's website and they make the rules.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

All that is necessary to know is that this is Cruise Critic's website and they make the rules.

That sounds very sinister

If Tripadvisor owns this website, I cannot see the relationship - They do not own or are associated with any of the cruiselines

It is a very strange rule - Cruise lines are ravel agents, it really is that simple

54 minutes ago, compman9 said:

That sounds very sinister

If Tripadvisor owns this website, I cannot see the relationship - They do not own or are associated with any of the cruiselines

It is a very strange rule - Cruise lines are ravel agents, it really is that simple

Take it up with community@cruisecritic.com.

• 4 months later...

I have a question about booking with Next Cruise and having 60 days to change without penalty..... we just booked a 7 day back to back for the Mediterrean while on our last cruise about  a week ago.  I know you do have 60 days to change dates and ships but does anyone know if you can change from Royal to Celebrity?  I just found a better deal and better itinerary with Celebrity, 9 day back to back with the 4 perks, which brings the total price about $2000 less than Royal for 4 more days.  I guess if I cancel and rebook with with Celebrity and lose my $1000 deposit, I'm still $1000 ahead.   I know it's just a phone call to find the answer but it's not always a simple call dealing with RC customer service.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:21 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

B5CCE136-EC10-4065-AF0F-8547B9BEE54D.png

Next Cruise booking for UK we only get this OBC ^^ if we swap it to a “real” cruise within 2 months. Otherwise if we swap it outside that time we only get what offers are around then.

Also have to use it within 12 months otherwise it’s lost

Deposit £150 per cabin

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Next Cruise booking for UK we only get this OBC ^^ if we swap it to a “real” cruise within 2 months. Otherwise if we swap it outside that time we only get what offers are around then.

Also have to use it within 12 months otherwise it’s lost

Deposit £150 per cabin

It’s the same thing for North American bookings except its $100 per person deposit. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

I have a question about booking with Next Cruise and having 60 days to change without penalty..... we just booked a 7 day back to back for the Mediterrean while on our last cruise about  a week ago.  I know you do have 60 days to change dates and ships but does anyone know if you can change from Royal to Celebrity?  I just found a better deal and better itinerary with Celebrity, 9 day back to back with the 4 perks, which brings the total price about $2000 less than Royal for 4 more days.  I guess if I cancel and rebook with with Celebrity and lose my $1000 deposit, I'm still $1000 ahead.   I know it's just a phone call to find the answer but it's not always a simple call dealing with RC customer service.

If you cancel, you will only lose $400.  $100 per person, per cruise.

The remainder of the deposit will be given as a Future Cruise Credit, that must be applied to a cruise within 1 year.

BUT, why don't you just call and see if you can move the booking?   You will still lose the $100pppc, but they can move the rest of the deposit over.