Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

Trying to tick off some more boxes this morning... Sea day brunch. I've always wanted to try out that chicken dish, I believe it was called "hey chicken" or something like that. Anyhoo, that's gone from the new menu, so I'm going with my old standard, steak and eggs...

First, one of the fresh squeezed juices. Pineapple, ginger, and turmeric. Also, something else, but I forgot already.

IMG_20190927_085559.thumb.jpg.84f5acd308d1d1c581f6ee67674af200.jpg

Oh my gosh, that juice is so freaking good! (Notice how I cleaned up my language now?)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I reverted back to the secret coffee place at ocean plaza this morning... At least they make this fresh by the cup every single time...

very excited about secret coffee place.  is this coffee additional $ or free?  

happy birthday, have a beautiful day!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Update: they charged me six bucks for that glass of juice... I've tried looking over the terms and conditions of Cheers, and the only juice I can find that's specifically excluded is the fresh squeezed oj at the Havana Bar...

I've not done Cheers myself but several other people have reported experiencing the same charge for the juice on the brunch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Update: they charged me six bucks for that glass of juice... I've tried looking over the terms and conditions of Cheers, and the only juice I can find that's specifically excluded is the fresh squeezed oj at the Havana Bar...

Juice isn’t listed with what’s included in cheers. They’re always trying to get me to order it at brunch. I’ve asked and been told it isn’t included with cheers. If I’m paying $6 for a glass of orange juice there better be vodka in it.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Juice isn’t listed with what’s included in cheers. They’re always trying to get me to order it at brunch. I’ve asked and been told it isn’t included with cheers. If I’m paying $6 for a glass of orange juice there better be vodka in it.

Normally, if something isn't included they'll at least tell you before proceeding with the order... I guess that the new policy is, charge for it immediately and let them go fight it out at guest services...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HastaLaVistaBaby said:

Included with Cheers, but a charge if you don't have Cheers...

My only souvenirs of the trip... A refrigerator magnet for my mom. (I usually get her one at every "new to me" port. I guess that I fell way short of that on this journey)

And, for me, a piece of an Aruban licence plate. They had all different colors and years, but this is the closest I could find to 1969...

IMG_20190927_100059.jpg

• Like 1

In order to make up for the juice incedent earlier, I'm going to try and drink as much "included but not alcoholic" items as I can today.

In other news: I have just witnessed some crimes against the eyes at the Tides aft pool... Sorry, no pictures. I didn't want to break my camera.

IMG_20190927_103523.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HastaLaVistaBaby said:

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Included with Cheers, but a charge if you don't have Cheers...

Hmm,  while the Java Café, or whatever is included in Cheers and charged extra for non- Cheers, The coffee in Sid's "secret" place was free back in January.  It's just MDR coffee.

Wow! on the separate juice charge!! DW would have been in a hissy fit on that one as she loves the seaday brunch stuff.  Is Carnival becoming like RCCL and nickel diming you to death?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

How about a description of the crime?   And when do the alcoholic drinks begin (asking for a friend...)?

Let's just say that there should be a numerical limit in inches where they just shouldn't make bathing suits anymore...

In addition: there should be a numerical minimum, in inches, that must be covered if it just doesn't look good...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Let's just say that there should be a numerical limit in inches where they just shouldn't make bathing suits anymore...

In addition: there should be a numerical minimum, in inches, that must be covered if it just doesn't look good...

oh.... a skin crime.  There is lots of the at sea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Really appreciating the no pictures rule now....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1