Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

My sister-in-law had a Bloody Mary there and it came with about 4 huge strips of bacon hanging off the top.  She loved it.  Great review.  Don’t forget the cakes at lunch.  They were awesome.  We ate somewhere else and went to the buffet for dessert!  We wished they had them at other times too!  The marble cake, on chocolate day, had wonderful icing.  Have fun.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Now, this is a cool live ship review.

BTW, I bought some DETOX and FlyBy from Amazon.  Tested both out this weekend.  I'm thinking they're both the same thing.  They both work pretty well, too.  I like them better than anything else I've tried so far.

Packing them for the Breakaway trip next week.

Thanks for the heads up.  

Thanks, graphicguy... I guess this is your make up cruise from the one that was cancelled / delayed a few weeks ago... Have an awesome time!...

• Like 1

Just now, sid_9169 said:

Thanks, graphicguy... I guess this is your make up cruise from the one that was cancelled / delayed a few weeks ago... Have an awesome time!...

Indeed it does.  Feeling good about this one.  Then again, I felt good about the last one, too.

Carry on, my good man!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snick500 said:

My sister-in-law had a Bloody Mary there and it came with about 4 huge strips of bacon hanging off the top.  She loved it.  Great review.  Don’t forget the cakes at lunch.  They were awesome.  We ate somewhere else and went to the buffet for dessert!  We wished they had them at other times too!  The marble cake, on chocolate day, had wonderful icing.  Have fun.  

Thanks, but I don't really eat dessert... I save my calories for alcohol...

• Like 1

I have a margarita question. I've only read a couple of your reviews but I only recall one time that you said you didn't care for a margarita, saying it might've been the mix they used. It might've been at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. A lot of your margarita drinks mention fresh lime juice. Do you usually ask for fresh lime juice? Will most bars use a pre-made mix if you don't ask for fresh juice?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I have a margarita question. I've only read a couple of your reviews but I only recall one time that you said you didn't care for a margarita, saying it might've been the mix they used. It might've been at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. A lot of your margarita drinks mention fresh lime juice. Do you usually ask for fresh lime juice? Will most bars use a pre-made mix if you don't ask for fresh juice?

Most of the bars on the ship have a standard margarita mix... Some will have a supply of fresh lime juice, but you'll have to ask for it specifically...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

All aboard time is 1:30... The line is currently still all the way to the land, and it's 1:15... There's no way they even get all those people into the ship before 2:30 at the earliest...

I’ve been to Grand Turk several times and never have I seen a line anything like that.  How hot is it out there today? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blarko said:

I’ve been to Grand Turk several times and never have I seen a line anything like that.  How hot is it out there today? 

It's pretty hot, and humid... And, I'm from Atlanta, so I know heat and humidity...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Hopefully I can engage you for five more days...

I have loved this review so much I went back and read your Bliss/Magic and Breakaway threads.  I'm close in age (47) and love how you just say things as they are.  I also showed your infamous shirt to my husband when I got home the other day, he loved it!   I have a cruise in January (my 18th I think) and thanks to you I have ordered my hangover meds.   I am very sorry for the loss of your special lady love.  I lost my first husband in 2003 but thankfully found me a really nice guy and remarried in 2010 (in my profile photo).  I love your necklace, makes me think I should buy a couple for my children.  Cheers to many more days of cruising and many more awesome tequila drinks!  Thanks for the entertainment, I have so enjoyed reading all your posts. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

I have loved this review so much I went back and read your Bliss/Magic and Breakaway threads.  I'm close in age (47) and love how you just say things as they are.  I also showed your infamous shirt to my husband when I got home the other day, he loved it!   I have a cruise in January (my 18th I think) and thanks to you I have ordered my hangover meds.   I am very sorry for the loss of your special lady love.  I lost my first husband in 2003 but thankfully found me a really nice guy and remarried in 2010 (in my profile photo).  I love your necklace, makes me think I should buy a couple for my children.  Cheers to many more days of cruising and many more awesome tequila drinks!  Thanks for the entertainment, I have so enjoyed reading all your posts. 

Thanks so much for your comments! And, thanks for reading...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snick500 said:

My sister-in-law had a Bloody Mary there and it came with about 4 huge strips of bacon hanging off the top.  She loved it. 

Did she, by any chance, get it in Wisconsin?  Bloody Marys (Maries?) in Wisconsin are to die for!  The flavor is nice and spicy, and you get tons of garnishes with it and a 5-oz beer chaser.  Garnishes range from strips of bacon, to what's pretty much a dinner in a glass.  (Like a large kebob skewer, or even a burger.)  One bar, forgot which one or where, served an entire rotisserie chicken as a garnish.  But that was mostly a gimmick.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got here right at opening time, but I still ended up on one of the outer tables at the Alchemy Bar... Armin did make it out here pretty quickly and got my order... I'm sticking with the fresh lime margarita, even though it doesn't stretch the abilities of the alchemists...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Did she, by any chance, get it in Wisconsin?  Bloody Marys (Maries?) in Wisconsin are to die for!  The flavor is nice and spicy, and you get tons of garnishes with it and a 5-oz beer chaser.  Garnishes range from strips of bacon, to what's pretty much a dinner in a glass.  (Like a large kebob skewer, or even a burger.)  One bar, forgot which one or where, served an entire rotisserie chicken as a garnish.  But that was mostly a gimmick.

She got it at the Pig and Anchor there on the Horizon in January!  She got a bit looped from it!  It had strips of bacon, celery, and olives in it and had some heat! She loved it!.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snick500 said:

She got it at the Pig and Anchor there on the Horizon in January!  She got a bit looped from it!  It had strips of bacon, celery, and olives in it and had some heat! She loved it!.

Oh wow, how cool is that.  The Bloody Mary I got at seaday brunch was basically vodka-laced tomato juice.  Little flavor and only green olives as a garnish; at least it had decent strength.  I never knew the Pig & Anchor branding made such a big difference.  

• Like 1