Shareholder Investor Benefit

Petoonya

Sorry if this is a dumb or repetitive question. Couldn't find doing a search.

But does anyone use the shareholder benefit when they cruise? 100 shares owned of NCL Cruise Line Holdings Ltd on a 15 day or more qualifies for $250 OBC.

NCL is at 53.67

The market is certainly not stable but I would not have to purchase for several more months. And realize if I buy I can lose until the next (hopefully) rally.

Any investor gurus? Is $250 OBC not worth the risk?

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

Edited by Petoonya

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Sorry if this is a dumb or repetitive question. Couldn't find doing a search.

But does anyone use the shareholder benefit when they cruise? 100 shares owned of NCL Cruise Line Holdings Ltd on a 15 day or more qualifies for $250 OBC.

NCL is at 53.67

The market is certainly not stable but I would not have to purchase for several more months. And realize if I buy I can lose until the next (hopefully) rally.

Any investor gurus? Is $250 OBC not worth the risk?

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

I own NCLH shares and use the benefit two or three times a year, sort of a tax free dividend. If you have faith in the management (Frank Del Rio, Bob Binder and others) it may be a good time to buy. The stock, as well as other cruise-line stocks, took a hard hit when Cuban cruises were stopped and the price of oil jumped up. If you don’t mind holding on to the stock for a bit you’d probably do reasonably OK. 

33 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

I own NCLH shares and use the benefit two or three times a year, sort of a tax free dividend. If you have faith in the management (Frank Del Rio, Bob Binder and others) it may be a good time to buy. The stock, as well as other cruise-line stocks, took a hard hit when Cuban cruises were stopped and the price of oil jumped up. If you don’t mind holding on to the stock for a bit you’d probably do reasonably OK. 

Thanks appreciate your vote of confidence.

33 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Ditto

57 minutes ago, azam71209 said:

Just to clarify. If I call my stockbroker and buy 100 shares at about $54 per share, I will get a $250 OBC. Do I have to own the shares before I book the cruise, before final payment???

Thanks.

Mary

Before you sail. You will get $250 nonrefundable OBC for cruises 15 days or longer, $100 for 7-14 day cruises and $50 for 6 days or less.

• Like 1

NCLH does not pay a dividend. We use the shareholders OBC benefit as our pay-back.

You have to fill-out a request form + a copy of your Brokerage monthly statement and and send them in to Oceania about 1 month before sailing.

You will find all the necessary information here.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/91699aad-cb30-4ff6-8e40-4dc290cb03b5

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/43324b8a-1e18-43ab-9664-b05fe3b6d9e5

Carnival Corp is trading at $48 USD and pays $0.50 dividend per quarter. They also offer Shareholder OBC benefits on their various cruise lines.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Be Aware!

i received $250 Shareholder OBC on my last cruise. 

For my next 10 day cruise I sent in the same paperwork on 9/3 and received no reply. 

I called and was told that I was getting a “Promotion” rate, so no shareholder benefit. 

They were steadfast!  

Our promotion was to spend $200 for $600 OBC, a $400 benefit, but then reduced its value $100 by denying Shareholder benefit. 

Makes no sense as one has nothing to do with other.

We have $1,000 OBC for the cruise, so the add’l $100 is meaningless......just more cutbacks by Oceania, added to the huge cutbacks for loyalty program as of this November. Our loyalty OBC drops from $400 to $250. Giving a hat in place of $$ cut back 👎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Be Aware!

For my next 10 day cruise I sent in the same paperwork on 9/3 and received no reply. 

I called and was told that I was getting a “Promotion” rate, so no shareholder benefit. 

They were steadfast!  

Our promotion was to spend $200 for $600 OBC, a $400 benefit, but then reduced its value $100 by denying Shareholder benefit. 

Makes no sense as one has nothing to do with other.

We have $1,000 OBC for the cruise, so the add’l $100 is meaningless......just more cutbacks by Oceania, added to the huge cutbacks for loyalty program as of this November. Our loyalty OBC drops from $400 to $250. Giving a hat in place of $$ cut back 👎

Are you talking about the ongoing OLife promotion or is this some other unadvertised promotion you are referring to?

2 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Be Aware!

This happened to me too.

I booked 3 additional cruise extensions while onboard, but Oceania refused to give me my stockholder benefit for any of the 3 cruises because they said I was already getting "a good deal" (the cruises were discounted). I don't think this is fair and I've never had this happen when trying to use my CCL (Carnival Corporation) stockholder benefit on any of their cruises...as a matter of fact, Princess allows you to combine many benefits on the same cruise...nice!😊

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

This happened to me too.

I booked 3 additional cruise extensions while onboard, but Oceania refused to give me my stockholder benefit for any of the 3 cruises because they said I was already getting "a good deal" (the cruises were discounted). I don't think this is fair and I've never had this happen when trying to use my CCL (Carnival Corporation) stockholder benefit on any of their cruises...as a matter of fact, Princess allows you to combine many benefits on the same cruise...nice!😊

Sounds like the way Oceania is operating these  days.  On the cheap.  They cut their Oceania Club benefits and now this.. Does not show any loyalty to their best customers. Too bad.   Will bite them in the butt one day.  

Edited by RJB
spelling
  • Like 1

$100 Stockholder OBC costs O virtually nothing.   Last cruise we upgraded to a PH due to a sale, so they removed our $450 on board booking discount.  

Their customer loyalty program is virtually worthless with all the cutbacks.  Any opportunity to remove a perk!

If you have a Shareholder program it should be awarded to ALL shareholders regardless of the booking details.  

• Like 1

Don't think there is a lot to whine about with their refusal.  The exception is stated pretty clearly in their Terms and Conditions.

" Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer."

Direct quote from the shareholders benefit page.

If you have received an email that it was received that is good.

In 2-3 days you should receive an email with a new invoice showing the credit applied on page 3 under the Amenities and Credit section.

Once, we mailed the request form in 4-weeks in advance and did not get the 'recieved' email. Two weeks before sailing called them and reply was not received so had to mail a new request. One week before sailing called again and they said they had still not received so emailed photo's and finally got OBC.

Contact persons are

MValladares@oceaniacruises.com

GSanchez@oceaniaregent.com

Thanks everyone.

Just have one last question. Now don't flame me for asking this, please.

Any stockbrokers here? Or part-time gurus? 😘 Or anyone with a crystal ball? 😆 Trying to decide when to buy.

NCLH was 39.36 a year ago, 57 six months ago, 47 at the Cuban fizzle crisis and today 53.51

When I've done this before I bought one month pre-cruise and sold as soon as I came back when slightly ahead. I don't want to buy and hold an individual cruise line stock.

Classic Cruiser said now is as good a time as any to buy. My next cruise is not till 4/20. And then another in 5/20.

If it were you would you wait and see, or take the plunge?

Again, please don't flame me! Know there are an awful lot of dedicated investors here and I understand one's reluctance to weigh in on market decisions.

Edited by Petoonya

No flames here but, we are talking about $250 max here.  Not knowing your investment relationship, purchase/sales commissions would potentially put you in the hole with just a minor drop in value.  I would personally look to another investment that would generate the $250 in growth or dividends and has long term potential.

30 minutes ago, ropomo said:

No flames here but, we are talking about $250 max here.  Not knowing your investment relationship, purchase/sales commissions would potentially put you in the hole with just a minor drop in value.  I would personally look to another investment that would generate the $250 in growth or dividends and has long term potential.

You're right. Kind of absurd of me to even consider.

Thanks for your sage input.

I'm still confused. We sailed on 6 different O cruises last year and 2 the year before, all with the OLife option, and had no issues getting the NCL Shareholders Benefit added to each of the cruises. What type of special promotion are you folks referring to? 

With regards to ropomo's comment, we received $900 OBC last year from the shareholders benefit and $500 the previous year and were quite happy to get it as it paid for some of our O excursions.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

O Life is not a promotional issue, it is something you pay for, a choice in booking fares.  For example, I have received a bonus for using my Amex card for payment.  In the case of the shareholder benefit, I would have a choice of using the Amex benefit or the shareholder benefit, not both. There are countless other "benefits" out there that would fall under the same scenario including onboard booking..... 

Edited by ropomo

20 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm still confused. We sailed on 6 different O cruises last year and 2 the year before, all with the OLife option, and had no issues getting the NCL Shareholders Benefit added to each of the cruises. What type of special promotion are you folks referring to? 

With regards to ropomo's comment, we received $900 OBC last year from the shareholders benefit and $500 the previous year and were quite happy to get it as it paid for some of our O excursions.

I booked a cruise without OLife and was offered a “promotion” whereby for $100 pp we would get OLife and we took $600 OBC. $200 cash for $600 OBC a good deal. So in this case, OLife is a promotional issue.

Ken, same as you, we have received hundreds of dollars from shareholder benefits and more to come.  Ropomo, if you cruise often with Oceania, that’s a very large “dividend” for a 100 share cost, and not taxed......and shares have appreciated in value. 

24 minutes ago, ropomo said:

O Life is not a promotional issue, it is something you pay for, a choice in booking fares.  For example, I have received a bonus for using my Amex card for payment.  In the case of the shareholder benefit, I would have a choice of using the Amex benefit or the shareholder benefit, not both. There are countless other "benefits" out there that would fall under the same scenario including onboard booking..... 

Wow! O cares what CC you book your cruise with? So if we use the FCC we bought onboard, you're saying we will be denied NCL SHB? Interesting. If that's true, that will be the last FCC we buy.

17 hours ago, ICT lineman said:

If you have received an email that it was received that is good.

In 2-3 days you should receive an email with a new invoice showing the credit applied on page 3 under the Amenities and Credit section.

Once, we mailed the request form in 4-weeks in advance and did not get the 'recieved' email. Two weeks before sailing called them and reply was not received so had to mail a new request. One week before sailing called again and they said they had still not received so emailed photo's and finally got OBC.

Contact persons are

MValladares@oceaniacruises.com

GSanchez@oceaniaregent.com

Thank you  Just sent them an email.

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Wow! O cares what CC you book your cruise with? So if we use the FCC we bought onboard, you're saying we will be denied NCL SHB? Interesting. If that's true, that will be the last FCC we buy.

Now I am confused.   A FCC is simply a placeholder deposit, with the ability to get the "onboard" booking savings for a cruise booked in the future.  Who said that a FCC would negate the NCL stockholder credit?

Just heard back after my follow up email.  I will not receive any OBC because I was booked under Ensemble Partner of the Month.  Not sure what is, I am receiving pre-paid gratuities and refundable OBC.  But, paying the listed price for the cruise.

At least I am making a profit on the stock.