Transportation from FLL airport to Miami Airport or hotel??

lizarddish79

When I first booked my plane tickets, I was told that there was an inexpensive shuttle from the FLL airport to the MIA airport and once in Miami we could utilize the free hotel shuttle to get to the hotel.  I can't find anything about this public shuttle service/train between airports.  Traveling on Dec 7th, leaving port on 12/8,  HELP please! 

At $3.75 one-way pp the price is right!

As Bruce said, the challenges are:

• Lifting and pulling luggage into a bus, off the bus, into the train, off the train then into elevators or up and down escalators, into a tram and off the tram
  • About 90 minutes travel time
  • Waiting outside (under cover) in the Florida heat

It is doable, however, and if you want more info I suggest this article - Tri-Rail from FLL to FLL - what you need to know 

20 minutes ago, lizarddish79 said:

That is probably best.  I am traveling with three adults and five kids, ages 12, 11, 7, 5 and 2 so I was worried about needing car seats and fitting all of our luggage using an Uber.  

In your case, a direct shuttle transfer might be the easiest.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, lizarddish79 said:

That is probably best.  I am traveling with three adults and five kids, ages 12, 11, 7, 5 and 2 so I was worried about needing car seats and fitting all of our luggage using an Uber.  

You will need car seats for the 2 year old and maybe the 5 year old.  Bring your own, Amazon and Target offer inflatable travel booster seats.  The airline will check car seats for free if you choose not to use the seats on the flight. Taxi van or UberXL will both be about $70+ from FLL to MIA airport hotels.

You could stay close to FLL with a free hotel shuttle, and use Uber, taxi or shuttle to the port, which sounds easier and cheaper to me.  www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

9 hours ago, SixtyTwo said:

There are several shuttle services listed when doing a Google search. Has anyone used one of the shuttle services for roundtrip from FLL to Miami Cruise Port and back? Thanks!

My travel agent recommended GoShuttle for travel from FLL to our Miami hotel as we will arrive a day early.  We plan to use them for this purpose.  We'll use the hotel shuttle or taxi to the port.  Coming back, the TA booked us the RCCL transfer option from the port to FLL for $39/pp.

21 hours ago, shofer said:

My travel agent recommended GoShuttle for travel from FLL to our Miami hotel as we will arrive a day early.  We plan to use them for this purpose.  We'll use the hotel shuttle or taxi to the port.  Coming back, the TA booked us the RCCL transfer option from the port to FLL for $39/pp.

You can use Uber or Lyft to get from FLL to your Miami hotel for about $35-40. Same fare will get you from POM to FLL post cruise. Cancel the RCI transfers and save $$ :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

You can use Uber or Lyft to get from FLL to your Miami hotel for about $35-40. Same fare will get you from POM to FLL post cruise. Cancel the RCI transfers and save $$ :classic_wink:

We don't have smart phones so can't use either one.

1 hour ago, shofer said:

We don't have smart phones so can't use either one.

Taxi on the same runs will be about $70, close to what RCI is charging you and maybe a bit more than the shuttle fare. Have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 1