Cruise prices drop after you've booked.

Catperson

3 minutes ago, Catperson said:

If the price of my cruise drops BEFORE final payment, can I receive the new lower price?  

Yes, provided the lower price is for your same cabin category.  It's worth checking regularly!  Or you can also upgrade if a category above you drops in price to what you paid, etc 🙂

Absolutely!!  We booked a pricey Oceanview on aTransatlantic for next year.  I wasn't happy with the price, but it was leaving from Southampton, which is what I wanted.  I kept my eye on the cruise, and 3 or 4 weeks later, the price went down for several categories.  I went right to the TA to get my price reduction, and decided to go with an Obstructed balcony instead....even after moving up, our price was now $500 cheaper than when we booked.  The only thing we no longer have is the "big" $50 OBC.

If I see another price drop, the TA will be seeing me again.😉

Always ask the rep if you will be losing any OBC perks, etc.   Sometimes it is not worth it to take the discount if you lose more in OBC.  Most of the time, though it will work in your favor.  😉 

Also, even after final payment, don't forget to keep an eye on higher cat cabins...could upgrade for little to no cost.

Good luck and hope you score some price drops!  🙂