Is there a Luminae equivalent on RCCL ships for suite passengers?

We are currently Elite on X and were thinking about taking a TA cruise in 2021 on a RCCL ship, specific ship unknown right now, and were wondering if there is an equivalent to the Luminae on a X ship for suite guests on a RCCL ship? We've cruise once before on the Freedom of the Seas back in 2015 in a mini-suite and found there were no additional perks other than a larger room. We understand our X Elite loyalty status will get us some perks, but were really curious about the Suite perks. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As a side question, does RCCL usually post their annual list of new itineraries, such as for the remainder of 2021, in November like X does?

Can be anytime between December and April.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are currently Elite on X and were thinking about taking a TA cruise in 2021 on a RCCL ship, specific ship unknown right now, and were wondering if there is an equivalent to the Luminae on a X ship for suite guests on a RCCL ship? We've cruise once before on the Freedom of the Seas back in 2015 in a mini-suite and found there were no additional perks other than a larger room. We understand our X Elite loyalty status will get us some perks, but were really curious about the Suite perks. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

You will have "Diamond" status on Royal Caribbean.

Only Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony, Anthem and Ovation have such a restaurant, called Coastal Kitchen.

Suites on RC, for the purpose of perks, begin at Grand Suite, not Junior suite.

A Junior Suite is what you are calling a mini-suite.

Thanks everyone. Your feedback has been very helpful. One last question as my DW reminded me we'll be Elite+ after we complete our currently booked X cruises.

So as we were looking over the Diamond Plus perks, we noticed there are some key Elite perks missing that we really like on X, such as the 1-2 free bags of laundry, unlimited drinks during happy hour and a reduced cost for the internet. If similar perks aren't available at the Diamond level, what perks entice folks the most to reach the Diamond level?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

27 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks everyone. Your feedback has been very helpful. One last question as my DW reminded me we'll be Elite+ after we complete our currently booked X cruises.

So as we were looking over the Diamond Plus perks, we noticed there are some key Elite perks missing that we really like on X, such as the 1-2 free bags of laundry, unlimited drinks during happy hour and a reduced cost for the internet. If similar perks aren't available at the Diamond level, what perks entice folks the most to reach the Diamond level?

Elite Plus and Diamond Plus don't status match to each other.  The matching stops at Elite and Diamond, even up through Zenith/Pinnacle.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/celebrity-azamara-loyalty-points

Diamonds do get unlimited drinks on ships with a Diamond lounge.  It's from a select drink menu though, think well drinks.  Internet discount is one free day of Surf or $22.99 - $25.99 off a package, depending on ship.

If the crowded Diamond lounge isn't your thing, your account is loaded with 3 drink vouchers for use at most bars from the same Diamond happy hour menu.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Elite Plus and Diamond Plus don't status match to each other.  The matching stops at Elite and Diamond, even up through Zenith/Pinnacle.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/celebrity-azamara-loyalty-points

Thats cool. What perks are at the Diamond level as I don't see similar ones as Elite on X.

IMHO Elite perks are a bit better than Diamond perks.  But there are Diamond Lounges (D and up) on most ships that are open all day but which have continental bkfst as well as drinks and canapes in the evening. ALso often they load 3 drinks onto your card on RCI during the "happy hour" redeemable at most bars.

I also think Michael's (Retreat on many X ships) is much better than the suite lounge. You can get cocktails there for most of the day but only in the evening hours at the Suite Lounge.  The ambiance is nicer.  Last time in the RCI suite lounge there were a BUNCH of kids and not particularly well behaved.  Jumping from chairs to sofas. I haven't ever seen that on Celebrity.  Probably others have but I haven't.  

HOWEVER... the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites on all but the larger RCI ships are a fraction of the cost of say the Royal Suites on X (where you get 1 bedroom and 1 1/2 baths).  Each one has their own advantages. While I prefer Celebrity and its suite experience I really enjoy the Royal experience too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bighairtexan said:

IMHO Elite perks are a bit better than Diamond perks.  But there are Diamond Lounges (D and up) on most ships that are open all day but which have continental bkfst as well as drinks and canapes in the evening. Also often they load 3 drinks onto your card on RCI during the "happy hour" redeemable at most bars.

I also think Michael's (Retreat on many X ships) is much better than the suite lounge. You can get cocktails there for most of the day but only in the evening hours at the Suite Lounge.  The ambiance is nicer.  Last time in the RCI suite lounge there were a BUNCH of kids and not particularly well behaved.  Jumping from chairs to sofas. I haven't ever seen that on Celebrity.  Probably others have but I haven't.  

HOWEVER... the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites on all but the larger RCI ships are a fraction of the cost of say the Royal Suites on X (where you get 1 bedroom and 1 1/2 baths).  Each one has their own advantages. While I prefer Celebrity and its suite experience I really enjoy the Royal experience too.  

Not often.  Always.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

As others said, Coastal Kitchen.  However, for Service and food quality, I'd give the edge to Luminae

I would give the food quality nod to Luminae but just by a hair. The service I would call a draw. There are two things I would give the edge to the Coastal Kitchen which would make them a better venue for us. 1) The Costal Kitchen is open for all three meals everyday. Luminae is closed for lunch on sea days. We had three sea days out of seven. That made we either had to go to the MDR, where the service is really slow or the buffet, where the food is just all right most of the time and tables could be ar a premium at certain times. 

2) Luminae has a limited menu and there were a few days there was no beef available. at $300+ p.p. per day, that’s not right. You could order off the MDR menu but it was a real letdown when compared to the beef that was available on the nights it was available in the Coastal Kitchen.

10 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I would give the food quality nod to Luminae but just by a hair. The service I would call a draw. There are two things I would give the edge to the Coastal Kitchen which would make them a better venue for us. 1) The Costal Kitchen is open for all three meals everyday. Luminae is closed for lunch on sea days. We had three sea days out of seven. That made we either had to go to the MDR, where the service is really slow or the buffet, where the food is just all right most of the time and tables could be ar a premium at certain times. 

2) Luminae has a limited menu and there were a few days there was no beef available. at $300+ p.p. per day, that’s not right. You could order off the MDR menu but it was a real letdown when compared to the beef that was available on the nights it was available in the Coastal Kitchen.

One small correction. We were just on the Reflection in January and the Luminae was open during lunch on sea days, but closed on port days for lunch. However, that's nice to hear the Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch as well on port days.

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FYI, on certain ships (quantum and oasis class) RCI internet (Voom) is complimentary on grande suites and above.  

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

FYI, on certain ships (quantum and oasis class) RCI internet (Voom) is complimentary on grande suites and above.  

We saw that. One question. Is it better to book when the itineraries first get posted or wait? We looked at some of the existing TA itineraries and $700+ pp/day seems a little steep for what you get or is that pretty much average for a grand suite?

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We saw that. One question. Is it better to book when the itineraries first get posted or wait?  ....

Book when itineraries first come out.  You can then watch for price drops and get your price adjusted if it goes down.  You may find exceptions, but our expeirence has been that suite prices tend to go only one way, up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

saw some TA (14 nights ) in a Owners suite for a little over 300 per night per person. 

17 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

$700 pp/per day sounds very high for GS... I would think closer to half that

Thanks! Must be the same pricing logic Celebrity uses for their suites. When we book a sky suite, usually when they get posted, the prices are around $350 with all 4 perks. However, about 6-12 months later, we've seen the price jump to almost $500 pp/day, depending on demand.

Another question. My DW would like to know if the menu in the Coastal Kitchen changes every day? In the Luminae they usually use a 14 day menu cycle, but have at least one chocolate dessert on both lunch and dinner menus, which is a big plus as my DW is a chocoholic!