Sail Away Views from NYC

Chesneygirl

Sorry, but the Venice sail-away trumps all.

Second is Willemstad Curacao, if the ship docks inside the Queen Emma floating bridge. Our ship had to reverse out all the way to sea!

Miami and New York tied for 3rd on the list. Followed by San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge).

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Sorry, but the Venice sail-away trumps all.

Second is Willemstad Curacao, if the ship docks inside the Queen Emma floating bridge. Our ship had to reverse out all the way to sea!

Miami and New York tied for 3rd on the list. Followed by San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge).

I can totally respect your opinion. :classic_smile:

I only hope that I can experience a sail away from Venice someday! That does sound spectacular! 

Being from NY, maybe we are a bit prejudice, but we have sailed out of NY 6 times and there is NO BETTER port to sail out of, at least for sights et al. Sailing down the Hudson River, by the new Freedom Tower (we still have pixs of the WRC)  and right past the Statue of Liberty, then under the Verrazano Bridge. Venice is very nice, but nothing beats just sailing by the Statue of Liberty, knowing you are off on a cruise. 

I would also add sailing in and out of Stockholm thru their Archipelago is also not to be missed.

Cheers

Len 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herdingdogmom said:

We can’t wait to sail out of New York soon!

Agree about Venice and San Francisco at sunset being spectacular.  So far, our #1 sailaway is Sydney.

Yes! The early morning sail into Sydney and the sunrise were so spectacular. We disembarked in Sydney.

15 hours ago, herdingdogmom said:

We can’t wait to sail out of New York soon!

Agree about Venice and San Francisco at sunset being spectacular.  So far, our #1 sailaway is Sydney.

Sydney was lovely.....but being towed back into Melbourne was pretty spectacular as well lol